Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Manning Vs Matt Barkley Vs Andrew Luck

Fr33UpFr33ney

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at the play @ 1:45.... and then the play right after that, that is 80 percent of his game. I've seen this one before. If he has time he will scan the field for his 3 or 4th option....but it's not ROUTINE. I'm not saying it's totally absent. A QB like Luck and stare down his 1st option and still complete the pass with his accuracy and arm strength.

People like Barkley and Manning, make decisions a little faster, but doesn't mean that all 3 can't make a play.

OK, look at the play at 0:22, you see his head look off and come back for the throw.

Look at the play at 0:45, same thing

Look at the play at 1:19, same thing.

Well, the foghorn voice is perfect!

After all, they do sound that foghorn/whistle type thing at games anyway (which I never quite understood).

I still think they should play the sound of a herd of horses "hooves" after scores.

And last year I mentioned the team should pass out coconut-type shells as a marketing tool that fans can "clomp" at kick-offs, etc.

That would beat the "touchdown monkeys" which made no sense. And towels have been overdone too.

Well, the foghorn voice is perfect!

After all, they do sound that foghorn/whistle type thing at games anyway (which I never quite understood).

I still think they should play the sound of a herd of horses "hooves" after scores.

And last year I mentioned the team should pass out coconut-type shells as a marketing tool that fans can "clomp" at kick-offs, etc.

That would beat the "touchdown monkeys" which made no sense. And towels have been overdone too.

The train whistle that signals TDs is a Stanford thing. The founder of the university, Leland Stanford was a robber baron, and made his money via the railroad in the 1800s.

My storage of utterly useless information is quite huge.

The train whistle that signals TDs is a Stanford thing. The founder of the university, Leland Stanford was a robber baron, and made his money via the railroad in the 1800s.

Especially about Stanford things... weird

I meant the "horn" that sounds at Colt games.

I doubt he has ever heard that horn.. :oops:

You know what I mean?

It was like the horn that sounds when factories change shifts.

I never knew what it meant.

Although its better than that stupid.......... "Dey-oooooo".

What are we?, the Indy Colts or Jamaica Colts? weird.

You know what I mean?

It was like the horn that sounds when factories change shifts.

I never knew what it meant.

Although its better than that stupid.......... "Dey-oooooo".

What are we?, the Indy Colts or Jamaica Colts? weird.

I always liked the Braveheart scene before opening kickoff..

I also miss how loud it was at the Dome as opposed to LOS.. Dont get me wrong, i love the new stadium, but the dome was SOO much louder..

RGII over Barkley...really?

I too have reservations about USC quarterbacks, not to mention that RGII is the same size as Barkley but much faster and can present another threat that Barkley can't: the ability to run out of the pocket and create magic.

RGII over Barkley...really?

Who knows, but Barkley had alot of talent around him, RG3...not as much.

I haven't bought into the Barkley hype. The media really hasn't either.

Barkley stayed in school because ,after having professionals scan the NFL, he wasn't being rated that high in the draft. He'll say its for a national championship, but experts know better.

He came back to try to drive up his value for next year. I also think substandard play by Leinart and Sanchez have teams feeling its the system at USC, not the QB.

I always liked the Braveheart scene before opening kickoff..

I also miss how loud it was at the Dome as opposed to LOS.. Dont get me wrong, i love the new stadium, but the dome was SOO much louder..

I think they should have designed better acoustics in Lucas stadium to amplify the noise. That was such a huge advantage that we kinda threw away.

Curtis Painter for the HOF

Give the guy some decent protection and receivers who want to put forth an effort THEN complain about a few bad games! This video was actually a good representation of his skills.... the Colts just never got to see the full packaged for a variety of reasons, most not to any of Painters fault.

You can't judge him on past USC QBs. That is like saying Painter should have been good because Brees was a Boilermaker too. Although to some analysts Painter was the most "Pro Ready QB." lmao

Sure you can.

NFL execs do it all the time.

MANY players were a product of the system and couldn't reproduce the "magic" in the NFL..

Tebow may be the best example.

Sure you can.

NFL execs do it all the time.

MANY players were a product of the system and couldn't reproduce the "magic" in the NFL..

Tebow may be the best example.

Tebow wasn't a product of a system. He played well when he stepped in for Chris Leak when they had a conventional offense.

Tebow wasn't a product of a system. He played well when he stepped in for Chris Leak when they had a conventional offense.

Really?

What were his passing #s?

He was a unique player who fit in their system.

If he'd have played in other college systems, like USC for example, it would have been a different story, imo.

Really?

What were his passing #s?

He was a unique player who fit in their system.

If he'd have played in other college systems, like USC for example, it would have been a different story, imo.

I don't know his numbers, but I remember him having to step in a few times during the 2006 championship season, and they didn't run the '08 offense like most know Florida for.

I think handing Colts fans thousands of very hard, very throw-able items would be a suspect move, all things considered.

haha

Maybe you are right.

Although plastic coconut shells wouldn't hurt that much.

You could drink beer out of them too!

You sir, are management material! You successfully mitigated a potentially hazardous situation into a safe and fun environment for alcoholics.

You sir, are management material! You successfully mitigated a potentially hazardous situation into a safe and fun environment for alcoholics.

At least I'm good for SOMETHING!

Happy to be of service.

Like my dad used to say to me....."You do good work. Very little of it, but darn kid, you do good work."

(and he didn't say darn, but the forum doesn't accept the other "d-word" ie, the thing that holds back water in a river)

At least Manning was entertaining with his aerobics. I just feel like a barge should float across the screen.

lmao!

Actual in-game pre-snap call from Andrew Luck...

BTW, every game highlight I've seen him in, he has a knee brace on. Does he have a knee issue?

Who knows, but Barkley had alot of talent around him, RG3...not as much.

I haven't bought into the Barkley hype. The media really hasn't either.

Barkley stayed in school because ,after having professionals scan the NFL, he wasn't being rated that high in the draft. He'll say its for a national championship, but experts know better.

He came back to try to drive up his value for next year. I also think substandard play by Leinart and Sanchez have teams feeling its the system at USC, not the QB.

Barkley not rated high enough? He was consensus #2 pick in the draft! At worst he would have fell to #3 and Minnesota would have traded down. He went back to win a championship and have that last year of college life. His family is very well off...money wasn't a problem for him. How many of us would kill to go back and have one more year of college? That was and is the only reason he went back.

Uses his athleticism to buy time to find receivers

In essence, I think that Luck is more like a Ben Rothlisberger type player with better accuracy. Which I think is a good thing.

Ugh wish I didn't see this video watched first 5 mins and didn't look pretty one that should have been picked in endzone, got his rb killed, then was intercepted. Saw him hit 2 wide open wr's but then those are expected. I hope Luck is what most think .... must admit was worried a bit before I saw this and this made it worse.