Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts agree to terms with QB Philip Rivers (1 YR Deal)

csmopar

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Former Chargers&#39; QB Philip Rivers and the Colts reached agreement on a 1-year deal, per source.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1240003283407831041?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 17, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 minute ago, deedub75 said:

Shocked it’s only one year. I don’t think Buckner and Rivers equal a Super Bowl run. 

To be fair...Rivers never said he was only coming back to win a SB. He said he wanted to play. He wanted to compete. Guy just loves football and wants a chance to have one more go around. I see him as a bridge...a bridge to where we don't know yet but I'm sure Ballard has a plan.

1 minute ago, Pelt said:

With it being one year, it's my opinion they'll try to get a QB in this draft.

Good chance. Don't forget we have two 2nd round picks and of course future picks. That said I don't think Ballard will force the issue. Rivers buys us a year...and this doesn't mean this isn't a year by year basis either both for us and Rivers.

1 minute ago, Rackeen305 said:

Per Luis Reddick, 2019 Rivers made mistake after mistake. 

• - Doesnt think he's gonna make everyone else better.

- His physical abilities has gone done.

While true, he had a terrible offensive line that couldn't protect him. He'll do well in Indy's offense.

14 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

They are targeting a QB in the draft. We are in for something happening in the draft. We are in for a ride.

No they are not Jesus. This will be Chad's team. Enough with the QB drafting already. You honestly believe Eason or Hurts or Gordon better than Chad? You're delusional 

Archived