Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mariota signs with the Raiders

Myles

The Las Vegas Raiders have agreed to a deal with former Tennessee Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota, a source confirmed to ESPN.

Mariota, 26, will presumably be No. 2 on the depth chart and will push starter Derek Carr.

The agreement was first reported by the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

When he was with NFL Network as a draft analyst, Raiders general manager Mike Mayock had Mariota as his top quarterback prospect coming out of Oregon in 2015, ahead of eventual No. 1 overall pick Jameis Winston.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28913709/source-qb-marcus-mariota-agrees-deal-raiders

• ColtsBlueFL changed the title to Mariota signs with the Raiders
20 minutes ago, csmopar said:

He’s not wrong. A deal worth 37.3 million THIS SEASON alone is insane. Granted it is mostly incentive based but for a backup QB? Who’s often injured

Yeah but these QBs are getting paid a lot more money and now the back ups are getting in on the action. 

This coming from Gruden is a head scratcher but most of what he does makes me scratch my head. haha

22 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yeah but these QBs are getting paid a lot more money and now the back ups are getting in on the action. 

This coming from Gruden is a head scratcher but most of what he does makes me scratch my head. haha

Crazy, I think that if there were a lot more quality backup QB's in the NFL then teams would pay them top money. 

Backup QB's do a lot more than hold a clipboard.  

Still gotta win games if the starter goes down for  a game or two 

Archived