Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Clark, Tamme, Saturday And Stokley Could All Be In Denver

chad72

i dont think we want any of them back...

We have already stated that our goal is the SB but not this year. No reason to sign saturday if we are not SB contenders. We might as well release him and draft a center in the next year or 2 to play with Luck for his career like saturday did for manning.

Clark has shown he is declining and cannot run block.

Tamme has some skill as a receiving TE (but really not even that good at that) and also cannot run block.

I say we save our money for other needs.

That would nice nice - if they sign all those guys Denver just might be my #2 team. Heck if they happen to go 13-3 I'll just have to jump on that bandwagon LOL!

absolutely.....HAWK..

they dont play the Colts and we cant meet them until th e playoffs (okay...maybe we dont play them at all)

If we cant win this year..I want to see the NYGs and Denver in NOLA in the Super Bowl

i dont think we want any of them back...

We have already stated that our goal is the SB but not this year. No reason to sign saturday if we are not SB contenders. We might as well release him and draft a center in the next year or 2 to play with Luck for his career like saturday did for manning.

Clark has shown he is declining and cannot run block.

Tamme has some skill as a receiving TE (but really not even that good at that) and also cannot run block.

I say we save our money for other needs.

But Kyle, we cant fill all our needs in the draft...we have too many

There isnt much tread left on the tires of Jeff Saturday. He's a bit undersized but was smart enough to overcome and just big enough to play in the NFL as a center. But with age comes loss of quickness and he definitely has lost a step. I don't think losing Saturday is that bad of a thing. I'd like to see a bigger center. Having said all that, I loved his work ethic and his smarts.

But Kyle, we cant fill all our needs in the draft...we have too many

I think that things are shaping up nicely and we've already filled some of our needs. We can have a good draft and fill needs and add depth. If we unload Freeney's contract, then we can continue to fill more holes. But overall, I think we're in fairly good shape. We've added to the D-line, O-line, and added a safety. Now we're left looking for receivers, DB's and TE, with more depth at O-line and D-line. Not too bad. We can try to get this done through the draft, right?

I think that things are shaping up nicely and we've already filled some of our needs. We can have a good draft and fill needs and add depth. If we unload Freeney's contract, then we can continue to fill more holes. But overall, I think we're in fairly good shape. We've added to the D-line, O-line, and added a safety. Now we're left looking for receivers, DB's and TE, with more depth at O-line and D-line. Not too bad. We can try to get this done through the draft, right?

Flash..

I'm all for trying...but we are bare bones at QB, TE and WR..we need 2 or 3 of each, right?

We look good defensvely if Freeney staysbut he must re-do the deal..

I'm nervous that we dont have many skill position players under contract on offense..

This has got to be one of the saddest days in the history of being a Colts fan. Im in shock. I know Peyton will play his butt off. Hopefully he wins another SB. I am so ticked that this organization couldnt win more than 1 SB with the greatest of all time QB. Irsay should have fired everyone 5 years ago and changed this stupid small ball c ap.

I doubt the Broncos bring in Tamme + Clark. It's one or the other. Stokley is almost a sure bet. Played with the Broncs, fans love him, and he's played with PM. If Saturday doesn't come back then he'll be there.

I think Jeff's been a little weird about this. It seems like the only place he wants to go is wherever PM is, and he doesn't seem like he wants to come back to the city that's help make his career. A little selfish, but I still love him.

Calling Jeff Saturday selfish? That's a very trashy statement on your part sir. The colts have destroyed almost all that they had and almost all of what Jeff Saturday had in Indianapolis. Now you think the colts deserve him to stay? I've got no words for that...

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but your comment at the end just frustrates me a lot...

Did Grigson make any attempt to get Saturday back for a 1 or 2 yr. deal that we know of? It would feel comforting to know Luck would have Wayne and Saturday for a start here.

I doubt the Broncos bring in Tamme + Clark. It's one or the other. Stokley is almost a sure bet. Played with the Broncs, fans love him, and he's played with PM. If Saturday doesn't come back then he'll be there.

I think Jeff's been a little weird about this. It seems like the only place he wants to go is wherever PM is, and he doesn't seem like he wants to come back to the city that's help make his career. A little selfish, but I still love him.

If Saturday still wants to play, Chad72 is right, he has no offer from us. Nothing. How can he be faulted for wanting to play, and oh by the way, play with a QB he knows, a franchise that wants him and he might get back into the playoffs.

Loyalty has to run both ways, if Colts aren't showing it, then good for Jeff wherever he ends up. That's not selfish that's finding a place to continue your career when you aren't wanted where you are

If Saturday still wants to play, Chad72 is right, he has no offer from us. Nothing. How can he be faulted for wanting to play, and oh by the way, play with a QB he knows, a franchise that wants him and he might get back into the playoffs.

Loyalty has to run both ways, if Colts aren't showing it, then good for Jeff wherever he ends up. That's not selfish that's finding a place to continue your career when you aren't wanted where you are

I agree with your post 100% I feel the same applies to all our FA. They all want to play so go where you can further your career in my opinion. :thmsup:

Mar. 22 - 8:31 pm et

Reportedly interested in signing free agents C Jeff Saturday and TE Jacob Tamme, the Broncos are being held up by stiff competition from other teams.

According to NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora the Seahawks are "very intent" on signing Tamme after losing John Carlson to the Vikings. With strong interest from the Packers and Titans, Saturday is weighing all three options rather than simply following Peyton Manning to Denver.

Come on Jeff - no way are you going to the Titans! Sign with the Broncos!

Is no one showing any love to Dallas Clark?

Reportedly interested in signing free agents C Jeff Saturday and TE Jacob Tamme, the Broncos are being held up by stiff competition from other teams.

According to NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora the Seahawks are "very intent" on signing Tamme after losing John Carlson to the Vikings. With strong interest from the Packers and Titans, Saturday is weighing all three options rather than simply following Peyton Manning to Denver.

I think it comes down to Clark vs Tamme. Tamme is a younger guy who showed he can put up 'clark like' numbers and wasn't injured 2 years in a row like Clark.

I don't get it man. Clark > Tamme

Why has he gotten so little interest? Is it because he had a few drops last year or something?

I don't get it man. Clark > Tamme

Why has he gotten so little interest? Is it because he had a few drops last year or something?

it probably mostly has to do with last year and the year before im thinking. teams are either thinking hes too injury prone, or a product of peyton manning i guess

it probably mostly has to do with last year and the year before im thinking. teams are either thinking hes too injury prone, or a product of peyton manning i guess

It has to be injury related, nothing else explains it. Maybe he never fully recovered from his wrist injury that ended his season in 2010??? Or he has some other injury we do not know about???