Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tom Brady is done in NE

8 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Well, I was wrong on my Brady prediction. I wonder if it was Bill or Tom who ultimately decided to walk away?

Bets are on Tom walking away. Bill is the ultimate robot, with no emotions tied to decisions, it is brutal business with him. Remember when Irsay paid Freeney for the last year even though he did not fit Pagano's D, paid Peyton while he rehabbed in 2011, paid Luck all of last year, none of that happens in New England, it is cold business out there. When his time was up, Tom experienced the same thing that a lot of marquee free agents experienced, like Seymour, Chandler Jones, Deion Branch etc.

44 minutes ago, The Fish said:

It's over though. The Rivalry isn't back on. It's over. The Colts haven't beaten him in a decade. That's no small part of my metric for success around here. Too bad. But it's over. Fine.

This crossed my mind last year when Luck retired, and it's cemented now.

We're never going to get over that hump, because that specific hump is gone .  There is no longer a Belichick/Brady Pats Juggernaut to overcome for that ultimate achievement like we had in 2006 (replaced by the Reid/Mahomes Chiefs? we'll see... but it's just not the same).

The Polian/Dungy/Manning Colts beating the Belichick/Brady Pats in the 2006 AFCCG was probably the best sports moment of my life.  I was hoping beyond hope for something similar with the Ballard/Reich/Luck Colts.  :Cry:

4 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

We're never going to get over that hump, because that specific hump is gone .  There is no longer a Belichick/Brady Pats Juggernaut to overcome for that ultimate achievement like we had in 2006 (replaced by Reid/Mahomes? we'll see... but it's just not the same).

The Polian/Dungy/Manning Colts beating the Belichick/Brady Pats in the 2006 AFCCG was probably the best sports moment of my life.  I was hoping beyond hope for something similar with the Ballard/Reich/Luck Colts.  :Cry:

Thinking the same thing Lucky... It’s truly the end of an era on so many levels.

11 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

We're never going to get over that hump, because that specific hump is gone .  There is no longer a Belichick/Brady Pats Juggernaut to overcome for that ultimate achievement like we had in 2006 (replaced by Reid/Mahomes? we'll see... but it's just not the same).

True. I am living through my 2nd favorite team now, with Mahomes and the Chiefs. Since Luck and Peyton, Mahomes has me the most excited to watch their games.

8 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Dude, that was so yesterday!!! I am talking today, in the last few hours.

Most of us were speculating on this Stephen Holder tease from this morning:

Not trading for two defensive ends, I just don't see that. Not with who we already have. 

6 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Not trading for two defensive ends, I just don't see that. Not with who we already have. 

First, Clowney can be played all over the DL, and is one of the best run stopping DLs available out there, so him being just a DE in our system is not accurate. Plus, Buckner was not brought here to play DE when we have Houston, Banogu, and Turay, assuming we let Sheard go.

I can see that to take our DL to another level. Seahawks of 2013 went 7 or 8 deep in quality bodies, not just in quantity. If Dodds and Ballard have that vision, I can see that.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

So immediately this starts who will be the qb in New England. Does Bill go the Andy Dalton route and stick to what they do well...or does he go out and get Winston and try to turn him into the #1 pick he should have been. Heck he may even trade for Newton and change up the whole system.

The other thoughts I had...there are still two HOFer free agents out there....I could see Bill Jedi mind tricking either Brees or Rivers to come in and walk into a situation with a winning organization.

From what Ive seen they actually think rather highly of the backup, Jarrett Stidham, who's basically the guy they brought in to replace Jacoby Brissett.  They might even just go with him, if they know they're going to need to take a step back anyway.

1 minute ago, Imgrandojji said:

From what Ive seen they actually think rather highly of the backup, Jarrett Stidham, who's basically the guy they brought in to replace Jacoby Brissett.  They might even just go with him, if they know they're going to need to take a step back anyway.

I think Bill would get great satisfaction going against everyone and taking another low draft pick to the SB.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

First, Clowney can be played all over the DL, and is one of the best run stopping DLs available out there, so him being just a DE in our system is not accurate. Plus, Buckner was not brought here to play DE when we have Houston, Banogu, and Turay, assuming we let Sheard go.

I can see that to take our DL to another level. Seahawks of 2013 went 7 or 8 deep in quality bodies, not just in quantity. If Dodd and Ballard have that vision, I can see that.

I get that, I don't disagree. But that is a lot invested in just two positions/people.

It doesn't fit in with what Ballard has done, however admittedly  Ballard has been working out of his team building/foundational phase and we don't know hat his second phase looks like. 

13 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

From what I've seen they actually think rather highly of the backup, Jarrett Stidham, who's basically the guy they brought in to replace Jacoby Brissett.  They might even just go with him, if they know they're going to need to take a step back anyway.

Yeah, when Andy Reid gave Alex Smith to the Redskins after seeing 1 game of Mahomes vs the Broncos in 2017 at the end of the season, no one knew Mahomes would get that good in such a short time. NE has a good system where Jimmy G did well in his limited time, Matt Cassel did well, and if there is one guy I would not bet against, it is Belichick, he will be a pain in the neck for the AFC as long as he is running the show there.

https://www.bucsnation.com/2020/3/17/21184044/report-buccaneers-will-announce-tom-brady-signing-wednesday

The Bucs won't announce the Brady deal till Wednesday.

Brady vs Brees twice in prime time, I guess. Not bad, to be honest, the match ups he gets in that division. He probably did not want to end up in the same division as Mahomes and knew he'd have to deal with Belichick in the AFC.

4 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Ya I had to go talk to my resident Patriots fan at work.  He wasn't having any of it. 

Brady has 2 goals in mind right now. Be like Peyton, to win a SB with a second team and a different head coach. With Arians' offense, I am sure he will put up good numbers too.

Archived