Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tom Brady is done in NE

2 minutes ago, WifiGuy said:

With the moves and picks the dolphins have. The bills picking up Digg’s    I think the AFCE will have a new champ this yr 

I actually said the same thing in one of the forum mock threads. I think Miami and Buffalo are battling it out for the division. 

Just now, WifiGuy said:

Ticket sales would go through the roof 

Doubt it will happen, but it would be a fudging boss move by Ballard to get Buchner, then Brady the very next day lol... 

4 minutes ago, WifiGuy said:

With the moves and picks the dolphins have. The bills picking up Digg’s    I think the AFCE will have a new champ this yr 

It’s always been that way except Brady had enough weapons and the OL to come through along with a good D to make plays.

This time, Belichick realizes he can’t squeeze more out of Brady and that offense and they’re going young at QB position. Watch BB draft Jordan Love and coach him up. :) 

Wonder if anyone will really want him that much.  Seems insane to give a 43 YO QB the kind of money we’ve heard.  And who knows how good he’d be outside the great NE cheating machine?

Just now, WifiGuy said:

He’ll sign with the Bucs 

Probably.

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Colts are getting Clowney, is my guess. 

I’ve been thinking about this a lot   To win the division we have to stop Henry and Fornette  and get to Watson.   Ballard LOVES the trenches.  
I could see this happening.  And would love it.   Also signing Rivers.  Then the draft can be all about the BPA and adding weapons 

6 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

That is a very good question.

If the Colts were in the picture would Winston thrive under Frank? 

He might.    He is in a terrible system in TB  while Luck was good under BA he’s Andrew Luck and would be good under anyone   Winston is not suited for that offense   He could and would benefit under Frank

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He will get killed in Arians system

Yep.    And TB would want his own offense no matter where he goes.   So that’s an issue.  That is one reason I thought he’d never got to LV.  Chucky won’t change for anyone 

17 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

That is a very good question.

If the Colts were in the picture would Winston thrive under Frank? 

Would much rather have Winston than rivers. Actually think Winston would thrive in n this offense. Better run game, better oline, better Defense, means he wouldn’t have to take all those chances down field. He can still extend plays with his legs, something your not getting from rivers

Brady with the Chargers makes the most sense, and they can go best OL with pick No.6, and sign another OL in free agency. All the play makers are there and with Belichick now not willing to pony up the money, what are his true options? Go and get killed with the Arians offense?

Scarily, Indy does make sense but I doubt Ballard is willing to be burned by the Patriots at the altar again. Plus, if they are going to teach an old dog new tricks, it might as well be Rivers that is at least familiar with the concepts behind the same tricks. 

15 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Brady with the Chargers makes the most sense, and they can go best OL with pick No.6, and sign another OL in free agency. All the play makers are there and with Belichick now not willing to pony up the money, what are his true options? Go and get killed with the Arians offense?

Scarily, Indy does make sense but I doubt Ballard is willing to be burned by the Patriots at the altar again. Plus, if they are going to teach an old dog new tricks, it might as well be Rivers that is at least familiar with the concepts behind the same tricks. 

Chargers would need to totally upgrade their OL. Both Ts at least. Could be done, I just don't see it happening. He'll have to learn new WRs anywhere he goes, but he won't want to be patient with a new OL with new parts. 

I also think he'd do just fine in an Arians offense. He's smart enough to transition easily. 

Doubt Ballard would be worried about getting burned at the alter. Very different types of situations, and whatever contract is done with Brady likely gets done quickly. TB likely makes the most sense. Good OL, good pass catchers. Indy too. Great OL, we'd draft pass catchers. I still wouldn't count out the Raiders and Dolphins.

50 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Why does it feel NE is going to tank this coming season and get Lawrence. Losing Brady, Collins, and Van Oy. 

The idea that NFL teams tank is one of the biggest myths going in sports. 

You've never seen an NFL team set out a season to be the absolute worst on purpose. Even the Dolphins last year.

I've wanted this thing to end for a long time and frankly I don't really care right now, because of everything else going on. 

It's over though. The Rivalry isn't back on. It's over. The Colts haven't beaten him in a decade. That's no small part of my metric for success around here. Too bad. But it's over. Fine. 

So immediately this starts who will be the qb in New England. Does Bill go the Andy Dalton route and stick to what they do well...or does he go out and get Winston and try to turn him into the #1 pick he should have been. Heck he may even trade for Newton and change up the whole system.

The other thoughts I had...there are still two HOFer free agents out there....I could see Bill Jedi mind tricking either Brees or Rivers to come in and walk into a situation with a winning organization.

Archived