Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are The Broncos Your Second Team Now?

Mexicolt

Are the Broncos your second team now?  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Broncos your second favorite team?

• Yes I am BronColt!
    • No, I don't care about them
    • Second? They are my first team now!

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When PM said "Jim and I have spoken extensively about where we are today, and our conversations have led both of us to recognize that our circumstances make it best for us to take this next step." (see post #188, this thread. I posted the video), I think most readers will conclude that he and Jim Irsay have come to a mutual decision to separate.

I fully understand that you apparently do not conclude similarly.

Still don't see where he said "it's a mutual decision."

WOW listening comprehension. is not so fundamental.

McFlyy.. please listen...

12:21 "Wasn't his decision, wasn't my decision....." The thing is it's always Irsay's decision he owns the team.

What is all this 'the COLTS terminated HIS contract' nonsense?

I have just resigned from my current job, to go somewhere else. I wrote a formal letter to Human Resources to confirm this. They in return told me when my last day with the firm was. After that day, my contract will be terminated by my employer.

All this business protocol is really hard to understand.

I'm going to my first NFL game this year. Denver is only a 15 hour drive for me. I cant wait!!!! I'm going to check out Yellowstone Nat. park on the way. Then im going to check out the Grand Canyon. Woooooooo

Enjoy. Are you going because of Peyton, or is this just a coincidence?

Manning who? Oh that old guy they couldnt win play-off games! Bronco love...lmao heck no...I am not fleeing to Denver... I still hate them from the broken leg blow out...

I figure Luck will win more play-off games and more superbowls than old man Manning. Lucks footwork makes Manning footwork look amateurist. You see how that ball comes out of Lucks hands! A freaking spiral! WOW! Manning couldnt do that! Love the Luck pinky thing after he throws too. Dr Evil Luck FTW!

Fade- how could you say such a thing like that...Peyton WAS THE COLTS... heck for all we know Painter could be better then Luck in the NFL... Luck has not took one snap.

Because if I dont move on my tears will never stop flowing.

That guy plays QB for Denver. He is now the enemy.

But yes that AFC championship game over the Pats.

I dont know if I will ever have that kind of joy again.

But I sure hope Andrew Luck can get close to it.

huhhhh? No we don't agree.

Irsay wanted Manning back with "less risk and commitment" do you blame him? He did just dish out 26m for the 11 season for .... nothing.

Risk... vs Reward

Denver took a low risk contract with Manning.

What I want to know is why didn't Manning give Indy the same deal?

Honest question.

Please show me where a deal by the Colts was offered to Peyton..

That guy plays QB for Denver. He is now the enemy.

But yes that AFC championship game over the Pats.

I dont know if I will ever have that kind of joy again.

But I sure hope Andrew Luck can get close to it.

Ya... But if it was up to Peyton, he'd still be in Indy. He hated leaving. If Peyton was not so nice and signed the conract irsay wanted him to..Peyton would still be a colt..

I wonder why we didnt keep Peyton and still make cuts and add tons of new talent for Peyton this year and next year with the freed cap room. Colts could have still dominated till Peyton retired. But alas what has been done is done. This is Lucks Colts now and I will cheer and cry for him as I did Peyton.

I wonder why we didnt keep Peyton and still make cuts and add tons of new talent for Peyton this year and next year with the freed cap room. Colts could have still dominated till Peyton retired. But alas what has been done is done. This is Lucks Colts now and I will cheer and cry for him as I did Peyton.

Because if you kept Peyton, you would already be at the cap, and have no money now to sign any of your draft picks.

Because if you kept Peyton, you would already be at the cap, and have no money now to sign any of your draft picks.

So why was he given that contract last season? Did no one see the upcoming cap problems? The owner that actually wanted to give him an entirely guarenteed contract had no clue cap issues were coming?

So why was he given that contract last season? Did no one see the upcoming cap problems? The owner that actually wanted to give him an entirely guarenteed contract had no clue cap issues were coming?

They would have been able to make it work. It wasn't as dire or as dramatized as it was just stated.

I don't know what were the reasons for providing the Peyton contract in 2010. A competent GM would obviously see the problem it would have created to the team salary cap. In fact, I would say it is the GM's responsibility to understand the cap and to know the ramifications of every roster move (including new contracts) on the cap. IMO, a competent GM's fiduciary responsibility to his/her employer is to make known what the effects of a fully (100%) guaranteed contract would do to the cap, and to oppose it if it puts the team over the cap.

Perhaps the owner found out about the salary cap situation only until it was after the fact, which then necessitated the removal of the GM and his dad from the organization? But that is speculation.

I don't know what were the reasons for providing the Peyton contract in 2010. A competent GM would obviously see the problem it would have created to the team salary cap. In fact, I would say it is the GM's responsibility to understand the cap and to know the ramifications of every roster move (including new contracts) on the cap. IMO, a competent GM's fiduciary responsibility to his/her employer is to make known what the effects of a fully (100%) guaranteed contract would do to the cap, and to oppose it if it puts the team over the cap.

Perhaps the owner found out about the salary cap situation only until it was after the fact, which then necessitated the removal of the GM and his dad from the organization? But that is speculation.

I guess i cant blame you for not knowing about this..

“Peyton and I will have a table for 2 today at Rick’s Boat Yard” -Large napkins,sharp pens-let’s get ‘er done!” via Jim Irsays twitter account last june

No offense to Freeney, I love him, but he should have been the one forced to restructure or be cut. He is the one that doesn't fit the defense. He is the one that counted against our cap the most. He is the one that frees up the most cap room.

I will absolutely root for Denver as my 2nd team now. What is a franchise if not for it's players? I grew up liking the Colts because I had roots there, but I grew to love them because of the class of the organization, it's players, and fans. Peyton is my favorite athlete of all time, and the logo on the helmet doesn't change that. I am obviously deeply saddened by the situation, but to say that he is the enemy now because he's no longer a Colt is ridiculous. Watching them play each other next season will be miserable for me. I bleed blue, but I've never respected or been as attached to an athlete like I have Peyton. Go 18, go Colts.