Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

And with the 34th pick in the 2020 NFL draft, the Indianapolis Colts select...?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good chance we take DT Madubuike.  Margus Hunt just got released so now we need to replace him and Autry.  Madubuike is versatile and can play both interior positions.  Probably better at 3T but does give us versatility.   I will have to look up my mock thread but still a FA equivalent to Autry I posted that was younger version.

We clearly need to replace Hilton who may get released/retire and a top TE.

1 minute ago, Defjamz26 said:

Best choice as it stands would be Denzel Mims.

However, with how aggressive teams are being with the QBs in FA, I could see Love available as well.

That is my guess too, Mims or Love.

But knowing Ballard, he will probably focus on our secondary with Trevon Diggs or A.J.Terrell or even safety Ashtyn Davis, IMO. My darkhorse pick here is Josh Jones, if he were to drop out of the first round, it would be an instant impact player, IMO.

1 minute ago, AZColt11 said:

I'm goin darkhorse here.  I could see a CB.  Let's say a guy like Trevon Diggs from Alabamy.  Why?  Because nobody has had much of a clue what Ballard is going to do and everything else makes too much sense.

Yeah the Buckner move just makes it even harder to predict what Ballard will do. Nothing is off the table at this point.

15 hours ago, Superfly said:

With no 1st Rd pick, the trade 34th chatter is comical.

Give it a rest! 

Yeah, why would he consider trading down just because he always considers trading down, lol?  Seriously, dude?  In a very deep draft like this, trading down can net you a much better player than usual!  Your post is comical...

25 minutes ago, Archer said:

Yeah, why would he consider trading down just because he always considers trading down, lol?  Seriously, dude?  In a very deep draft like this, trading down can net you a much better player than usual!  Your post is comical...

Butt hurt much?

snoop lion yes GIF

17 hours ago, boo2202 said:

34th Cole kmet

44th jalen Reagor

both 2nds need to be offensive skill guys. 

I’d be ok with that. However, if it were possible, I’d rather look at Claypool in the 3rd and take a OT with the 44 if there is one worth that spot. 

4 hours ago, TheBlueAndWhite said:

Jalen hurts.

I guess you think that Jalen Hurts will be gone by the 44th pick? I understand. This seems to always happen every year on certain players. Depending on how many OTs WRs and CBs are selected in the 1st will push Jalen Hurts down the draft.

16 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Traded to the Raiders for Carr if they sign Brady.  Otherwise a WR. 

I’d absolutely take that trade for Carr!!

15 hours ago, DownHillRunner said:

34. Jordan Love 

44. Chase Claypool 

75. Adam Trautman 

I'm going to predict Love is going to fall out the first round. Tua, Burrow, and Herbert are going to be the only 3 Quarterbacks selected in the 1st round. Even if he slips to the back of the first Ballard can trade back into the first and get him. 

I will be absolutely shocked if Loves falls out of the first. It would be one of those Aaron Rodgers type of falls. Not comparing Love to Rodgers at all, just that he was predicted to go much higher and kept sliding and the camera kept showing these kids. That’s why we’ve lately started to see these kids not show to the draft because of the disappointment shown on their faces after each pick. 

3 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

I guess you think that Jalen Hurts will be gone by the 44th pick? I understand. This seems to always happen every year on certain players. Depending on how many OTs WRs and CBs are selected in the 1st will push Jalen Hurts down the draft.

If Hurts is taken before the 4th round, a team hasn’t drafted well. Eason and Gordon and players like this could be 3rd round but man, to get so desperate you take these guys 2-3 rounds early is crazy. I’d definitely try Hurts with a fourth rd pick and use him in the role that NO used T. Hill in. Maybe in 3-4 seasons he could develop into something but he would primarily be my gadget guy. Idk 

1 minute ago, Jdubu said:

I’d absolutely take that trade for Carr!!

I will be absolutely shocked if Loves falls out of the first. It would be one of those Aaron Rodgers type of falls. Not comparing Love to Rodgers at all, just that he was predicted to go much higher and kept sliding and the camera kept showing these kids. That’s why we’ve lately started to see these kids not show to the draft because of the disappointment shown on their faces after each pick. 

If Hurts is taken before the 4th round, a team hasn’t drafted well. Eason and Gordon and players like this could be 3rd round but man, to get so desperate you take these guys 2-3 rounds early is crazy. I’d definitely try Hurts with a fourth rd pick and use him in the role that NO used T. Hill in. Maybe in 3-4 seasons he could develop into something but he would primarily be my gadget guy. Idk 

Jim Irsey stated that he wanted to draft Russell Wilson in the 4th round btw (Despite drafting AL). You saw what happened. The Seahawks got em' first in the 4th. The Colts also wanted to drafted Clay Matthews. Packers got em first in the 1st. 

30 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

I’d be ok with that. However, if it were possible, I’d rather look at Claypool in the 3rd and take a OT with the 44 if there is one worth that spot. 

Yeah, I like Cole Kmet more than most guys here, feel like he has the ceiling of a Gronk and if you like him a lot, you don't wait till No.44, get him at No.34. However, given Ballard's history of early 2nd rounders, OL or defense is what I would expect first.

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

That is my guess too, Mims or Love.

But knowing Ballard, he will probably focus on our secondary with Trevon Diggs or A.J.Terrell or even safety Ashtyn Davis, IMO. My darkhorse pick here is Josh Jones, if he were to drop out of the first round, it would be an instant impact player, IMO.

That’s a Ballard move there. Like B Smith 2 years ago. An impact player/starter.

10 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

That’s a Ballard move there. Like B Smith 2 years ago. An impact player/starter.

Josh Jones can be swing tackle, or even help us move Braden inside. We will lose Joe Haeg for certain, it looks like. 

However, the coaches may be higher on Glowinski since he is signed through 2021. Upon thinking about it, investing a high 2nd round pick on a player that may not start till 2022 might be a stretch, especially after Castanzo re-signing.

Defense is what I am leaning towards then.

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Josh Jones can be swing tackle, or even help us move Braden inside. We will lose Joe Haeg for certain, it looks like. 

However, the coaches may be higher on Glowinski since he is signed through 2021. Upon thinking about it, investing a high 2nd round pick on a player that may not start till 2022 might be a stretch, especially after Castanzo re-signing.

Yeah I was thinking we would lose Haeg, Jones would win the job and Glow would be our backup. 

10 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Defense is what I am leaning towards then.

Defense??

man there is a glaring hole at WR#2

Its like every year we go in knowing, if TY gets hurt, we’re done.

eventually something has to give. Rather you trade for a dependable WR or draft one. This would seem to be the year to invest picks at the position. With wrs like Higgins or reagor there at 34. I think it would be irresponsible not to address the wr need with how the last two years have played out. Quit trying to patch it with funchess, grant, etc and just fix it.

1 hour ago, Rackeen305 said:

That's my guess, but we'll see how it shakes out. I wouldn't mind us kicking the tires on a Cam Newton trade. 

17 hours ago, Superfly said:

Let me reiterate, which I should have done. I highly doubt the Colts trade back from 34 to acquire more picks. That pick is almost like having a 1st. 

Happy now? Probably not, I’m guessing. 

Especially when they already have #44 as well. What Ballard doesn't need all that much is more picks; he needs better health from some guys in his previous drafts, Buckner to be the real deal, and some real talent to drop out of Round 1 to #34, which I fully expect to happen.

And maybe Eason to be there at #44 (or even Hurts at #75), although I think Eason might be gone by #44. I wouldn't be shocked to see Ballard pick a CB in Round Two, although TE and WR seem more likely. There could be a decent LT prospect (not one of the "Big 4" but still decent) available at one of those picks as well.

WR I would think.  Can't go another year with TY being the only legit WR we have right now.

I saw someone posted Jordan Love.  Please can this just die.  Please.  We don't need an inaccurate developmental QB.

As I have said, I would expect Fromm in round 2 or Gordon in round 3/4

4 minutes ago, Myles said:

I they sign Rivers, I'd be OK with waiting until next year to draft a QB.

Rivers publicly said he may only play one more year. I think we need to draft one this year and have them ready whether that be in a year or two yesrs.  If rivers doesn’t work we don’t want to be in this same situation next year. 

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Rivers publicly said he may only play one more year. I think we need to draft one this year and have them ready whether that be in a year or two yesrs.  If rivers doesn’t work we don’t want to be in this same situation next year. 

looks like it may be 1 year at $25 Mil

6 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think what is happening in FA with QB there might be s good chance Herbert and Love Fall so I could see us packaging something with those second round picks to move up.

Yeah these teams are being super aggressive with the QB signings. I’m starting to think that scouts really don’t like this QB class. Outside of Tua and Burrow, I don’t see anyone else from this class starting or playing at all year 2 unless there’s an injury because of the moves made. 

Archived