Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

And with the 34th pick in the 2020 NFL draft, the Indianapolis Colts select...?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Orioles22 said:

Wide receiver.

Since we didn't get Hooper, we probably need a tight end also.

I'm just glad we found a defensive tackle.

IMO they need another TE as much or more than WR (unless they feel Campbell and Cain aren't the answer) BUT it's far more likely there will still be some outstanding WR prospects available at #34 (& maybe even #44) than outstanding TE prospects.

They can likely still find a decent TE prospect (Hopkins? Parkinson?) at #75, and if someone like Mims or Aiyuk is still there at #34, I think you almost have to take him--and hope maybe Eason or Hurts is there at #44.

1 minute ago, CelticColt said:

IMO they need another TE as much or more than WR (unless they feel Campbell and Cain aren't the answer) but it's far more likely there will still be some outstanding WR prospects available at #34 (& maybe even #44) than outstanding TE prospects.

They can likely still find a decent TE prospect (Hopkins? Parkinson?) at #75, and if someone like Mims or Aiyuk is still there at #34, I think you almost have to take him--and hope maybe Eason or Hurts is there at #44.

I don't think Cain is the answer any more(considering he plays for Pittsburghhaha)

9 minutes ago, Gigc said:

I'll stay QB. Eason if he makes it out of the first round, maybe Hurts.

we can go WR at 44

IMO #34 is probably too high for Eason, and definitely too high for Hurts, but I'd be surprised if Eason lasts until #44--his arm is too good for some team to pass up, even if his mechanics still need work. So maybe #34 depends a lot on Ballard's FA signings.

Hurts, on the other hand, could last until #44, has good character, and is a lot more mobile than Eason FWIW.

5 minutes ago, CantBeStopped said:

Haha I knew who you meant but I had to do it

did Ballard make an offer (tender) to Fountain today? thought I saw that somewhere

4 minutes ago, CelticColt said:

IMO #34 is probably too high for Eason, and definitely too high for Hurts, but I'd be surprised if Eason lasts until #44--his arm is too good for some team to pass up, even if his mechanics still need work. So maybe #34 depends a lot on Ballard's FA signings.

Hurts, on the other hand, could last until #44, has good character, and is a lot more mobile than Eason FWIW.

did Ballard make an offer (tender) to Fountain today? thought I saw that somewhere

Yes I believe he did

2 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Will there be someone sitting there CB just can't pass up? Like Kmet.
My odds say no and he trades back. 

#34 is so close to Round 1 that there's a good possibility someone drops down to there that another team really covets and Ballard feels the Colts don't need

34. Jordan Love 

44. Chase Claypool 

75. Adam Trautman 

I'm going to predict Love is going to fall out the first round. Tua, Burrow, and Herbert are going to be the only 3 Quarterbacks selected in the 1st round. Even if he slips to the back of the first Ballard can trade back into the first and get him. 

5 minutes ago, DownHillRunner said:

34. Jordan Love 

44. Chase Claypool 

75. Adam Trautman 

I'm going to predict Love is going to fall out the first round. Tua, Burrow, and Herbert are going to be the only 3 Quarterbacks selected in the 1st round. Even if he slips to the back of the first Ballard can trade back into the first and get him. 

HAHAHA .  I thought we had to trade up to 3-5 with multiple draft picks to get Love!

54 minutes ago, Superfly said:

With no 1st Rd pick, the trade 34th chatter is comical.

Give it a rest! 

What the Heck are you talking about?

First round talent often falls to the top of the second round.    If we don’t trade the pick odds are the player we take at 34 is on the Colts first round board. 
Rock Ya-Sin was last year.   Ballard said as much.  

31 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Oh brother.  I think by the Colts making this move they were never interested in Love as I predicted

Doubt today's move has anything to do with interest in Love. Buckner was simply a move you can't pass up on, and has been easily one of the teams biggest needs the past 2 years. All Pro / Pro Bowl DT that is arguably in the top 5 of 3Ts in the league. 

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

What the Heck are you talking about?

First round talent often falls to the top of the second round.    If we don’t trade the pick odds are the player we take at 34 is on the Colts first round board. 
Rock Ya-Sin was last year.   Ballard said as much.  

Let me reiterate, which I should have done. I highly doubt the Colts trade back from 34 to acquire more picks. That pick is almost like having a 1st. 

Happy now? Probably not, I’m guessing. 

Should be a WR. But I will just say this...Day Two should be entirely devoted to the offense. I am stubborn...and judging by what I have seen in player rankings...you won't convince me that BPA isn't an offensive player at any of those draft positions (Madabuike probably the lone exception...however...he would be a luxury pick with Buckner locked into the 3T position).

Colts passed on a good opp to do this last year...I hope they don't this year.

16 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

I'm praying Justin Jefferson, Jalen Reagor, or Denzel Mims is there. Would love to have JJeff, but he probably just ran his way into the 1st with that combine. I think it's likely a WR or TE, if they're signing Rivers gotta give him some weapons. 

Same, if we're not going QB at 34, then I want one of the 1st round talent WRs who might fall out of it. This may be a deep WR but that doesn't mean there aren't drop offs at certain points and besides a deep draft for a position doesn't mean amazing guy can be had in the later rounds, it more likely means more WRs are going earlier than they normally would. BPA and all that.

5 minutes ago, wordofmouth said:

I know everyone wants Offence but any chance AJ Espenesa  falls to 34?

I don't really want the guy, but I think we certainly could see some defense in round 2. Verrry few forum mocks seem to want to see us address a CB any time before round 3  but I still think it's a position we could use and upgrade at and there is sure to be some good DB available at 34. I still think we're more likely to go offense, but just saying.

1 hour ago, DownHillRunner said:

34. Jordan Love 

44. Chase Claypool 

75. Adam Trautman 

I don't think Ballard would take love at 34. Ballard has said that if a player is not on his board he won't take them. If Ballard had love on his board he wouldn't have traded away 13. My guess is that he is not on his board due to either the marijuana incident or maybe just his character, not that I or we know his character is bad but maybe when the colts interviewed him he gave bad and undesirable answers. 

Archived