Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts trade for DT DeForest Buckner

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We just got a 25-year-old All-Pro at a crucial position on the defense.    

Colts don't spend... We're losers.. Colts spend... Spent on Wrong guy... Colts trade... Don't like the trade.   Can't win with our fanbase.. Lol  

Couple thoughts on this:   1. This clearly signals that Colts will sign Phillip Rivers and/or draft a QB at 34. 2. Buckner was named an All-Pro last year at DT. He's a great player and

Posted Images

Just now, tweezy32 said:

Someone please make me feel better about giving up the 13th pick pleasaase

We're signing Rivers?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Love the player. Not too keen on the contract, but we have money so I get it. Hate losing a first without getting any other pick compensation back.

Not sure I like this much, but admittedly does make us better

• Like 2
Just now, ProblChld32 said:

I don’t like this at all. We needed to address pressing concerns with that pick. 

Not saying I like this move, but DT was a need

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
3 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

Someone please make me feel better about giving up the 13th pick pleasaase

We just doubled the number of All-Pros on our defense. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
3 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Wow. CB wasn’t playing around about solidifying that D Front. 

No not at all. This guy plus Houston should be an instant upgrade to the DL

• Like 4

This tells me Ballard didn't like Brown or Kinlaw and he thinks he can get a QB at 34 rather that's Eason or Hurt

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
Just now, Holden89 said:

The amount that this will help Leonard and Walker can't be understated either.  Buckner will demand a double team.

Plus we get Turray back

Just now, CR91 said:

This tells me Ballard didn't like Brown or Kinlaw and he thinks he can get a QB at 34 rather that's Eason or Hurt

Or he trades back up

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Not saying I like this move, but DT was a need

You’re right , now that I think of it DL probably would have been the first pick anyways and we still have 2 second round picks. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, CR91 said:

We're signing Rivers?

I knew who Buckner was but never knew how good he really was.. guess a lot of y’all like it so I guess he’s pretty good!

No gurantee that either brown or kinlaw become all pro talent. Plust Buckener is only 25.

Passing on Love and possibly herbert might sting but the difference between them and Eason/Hurts/Fromm is probaly not as big in ballards opinion

• Like 1

Not digging it much. He’s been good but not second best to Aaron Donald good in his career. This is a lot of money/draft capital when we don’t have our QB. I reckon we could have gotten Chris Jones on his franchise tag for the same price for a better player. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Don't like this at all especially since we gave up our 13th overall pick. I would've thought we could've made this deal for 34. We could have gotten someone like Kinlaw or possibly even Brown on a cheaper contract than Buckner at 13. 

I think Ballard could have possibly gotten Chris Jones for a little less. This move seems a bit desperate to me. Now I think it's safe to say we all have very high expectations of Bucker making this DL great. 

• Haha 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Hall of Fame running back Gale Sayers died of complications from dementia. It seems that he had it for many years.  He was 77.   Most of us never saw him play but those who saw him thought he was a dynamic runner. I read Brian Piccolo: A Short Season many years well before I had an appreciation for football. I enjoyed the book as well as the movie Brian's Song   Anyone have memories of Gale Sayers?
    • Ehh, I don't really agree.    Herbert went at #6. He wasn't really in play for the Colts, who had #13. And if you do move up and he's not right for you, that's definitely worse than passing on a QB who winds up being pretty good. I don't think a GM should operate from the stance that their favorite QB in the draft is going to become Patrick Mahomes; on average, first round QBs underperform, not overperform. So not addressing QB isn't worse, IMO, not when we're talking about giving up significant assets to get the guy you want.   Love hasn't played yet. Preliminary reports aren't thrilling. We'll see how he turns out, but the Colts still had a reasonable chance to get him, and chose not to make a move. He didn't pass on Love to grab a DT.    And just to repeat myself, we don't know what Herbert and Love will wind up being. I like them both. I'm not heartbroken we didn't draft either of them. Time will tell whether I'm underselling this.   They chose to go with a veteran bridge QB, and see what happens. That has a chance to work for us for the next season or two, and then we'll see whether we have a guy that can take the reins.    Lastly, 3T is super important for our team. It's become critical for any good defense, and we've literally never had game breaker at that position. If Buckner works out for us, that move will be a winner.
    • I don't know about that one... but this was the playoffs of the 2003 season, Manning was at the very beginning of his stretch of dominance over the league. Dungy was also a very conservative head coach, even for 2003. Can't imagine any coach giving these instructions in 2020, but the league has become a lot more progressive in a relatively short period of time.    It was two years later in the playoffs against the Steelers when PM had to shoo the punt team off the field for a 4th down play. We all remember the visual. But I decided to look up the play by play. It was 21-3, Steelers, and that 4th down play was the last play of the 3rd quarter, ball at the Indy 36. It's hard to imagine any coach punting in that situation right now, especially with a QB who just won MVP by throwing 49 TDs the previous season. But Dungy's reflex was to punt, and it took PM, back to back MVP winner, QB of a team that started the season 13-0, to convince Dungy to let the offense go for it. Dungy mouthed his response: "It's on you."    My point is that it wouldn't surprise me to find out that Dungy wasn't a fan of PM having so much control at the line of scrimmage, especially back in 2003/2004, on the road, AFFCG. 
    • I agree and Id add that not addressing QB is the same (or worse) as making a bad pick at the position. Herbert and Love were in play but Ballard chose to address the DT position instead. The team needed a QB, there were QBs to be had and he passed. As those guys continue to develop and start to play its a reflection on Ballard imo.   
    • @Jared Cisneros @Narcosys   Choosing 1 from these for a flex: DeSean Jackson, Mike Gesicki, Mark Ingram, Corey Davis
  • Members

• MFT5

MFT5 421

• Dogg63

Dogg63 916

• chad72

chad72 12,708

• bsteves

bsteves 169

• MPStack

MPStack 4,150

• Mr.Debonair