Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DeAndre Hopkins on trade block


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://dailysnark.com/report-the-texans-may-be-trying-to-trade-wr-deandre-hopkins/   Texans would be so stupid to trade him.   A very Bill O'Brien move...

"Will never"    

they got a 4th and 6th back, which is nothing when you are giving up 2 1sts and a second. 

Posted Images

It's worth your time to jump over on the Texans forum.  Needless to say if I was their GM I would not be walking around in public for a while.  The fan base is not happy, and understandably so.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was trying to understand how this could be good for the Texans.   Tough task. 

 

The draft is heavy on good WR's, so maybe he'll be replaced with little affect on the team.  

Maybe David Johnson will return to his 2016 version and have 80 catches.

Maybe the cap hit in resigning Hopkins would have crippled the Texans.

 

I'm trying, but this just seems like a bad Houston move on every level.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Myles said:

I was trying to understand how this could be good for the Texans.   Tough task. 

 

The draft is heavy on good WR's, so maybe he'll be replaced with little affect on the team.  

Maybe David Johnson will return to his 2016 version and have 80 catches.

Maybe the cap hit in resigning Hopkins would have crippled the Texans.

 

I'm trying, but this just seems like a bad Houston move on every level.

I think its a matter of how much he costs to keep compared to how much it costs to replace him (with a talented draft) projected over the next three years.

 

HOU may have to sign other players (Tunsil?) in the next three years.  Maybe Obrien likes the Colts Oline and wants to recalibrate resources into a better Oline with a great QB and is willing to sacrifice a bit with WR talent.

 

I think just looking at pure talent exchange in immediate terms is a bit short sighted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RollerColt said:

He’s going to lose the locker room after this. We’ve seen this kind of ego management style before and it doesn’t end well. 

He may never coach in the NFL again honestly. I don't think players would even sign up to play for him as an OC. I see the next HC for the Texas Longhorns in his future lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

tenor.gif

 

Man, you don't want to get Obriened

Indeed....urban dictionary just updated getting Kellyed (Chip Kelly) with OBriened lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2015, 2016, 2018 and 2019 AFC South champs.  Who? The Houston Texans coached and managed by the *ic O'Brien. Just saying. He did a Bellichek move by trading Hopkins. Yes, he was a great receiver but going to b 28, I beleive,and most likely wanting a new deal north of 20 million. This draft is loaded with wr talent. The market dictated Hopkins value. I bet the Texans wanted more but the offers were not there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

2015, 2016, 2018 and 2019 AFC South champs.  Who? The Houston Texans coached and managed by the *ic O'Brien. Just saying. He did a Bellichek move by trading Hopkins. Yes, he was a great receiver but going to b 28, I beleive,and most likely wanting a new deal north of 20 million. This draft is loaded with wr talent. The market dictated Hopkins value. I bet the Texans wanted more but the offers were not there. 

A Belichick move? You kidding me?

You can bet Belichick would not have traded a player of Hopkins caliber and got an injury prone RB and a stick of chewing gum. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

A Belichick move? You kidding me?

You can bet Belichick would not have traded a player of Hopkins caliber and got an injury prone RB and a stick of chewing gum. 

Hmmmm..... bellichek just let mayb the greatest qb walk because he wasnt willing to offer him 30 mill.  Bill's history is loaded with players he let walk.  He did the same thing with Moss. He started to make noise and bye bye.  Look at his history as the Pats coach. Apparently the Pats wanted Hopkins but were not willing to give up  that much. Why? Because they knew Hopkins wanted a new deal.  Hmmmm!! So Bill wouldnt let a player like Hopkins go, but is not willing to trade for Hopkins when he is on the market and the price is apparently low.!.???

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Hmmmm..... bellichek just let mayb the greatest qb walk because he wasnt willing to offer him 30 mill.  Bill's history is loaded with players he let walk.  He did the same thing with Moss. He started to make noise and bye bye.  Look at his history as the Pats coach. Apparently the Pats wanted Hopkins but were not willing to give up  that much. Why? Because they knew Hopkins wanted a new deal.  Hmmmm!! So Bill wouldnt let a player like Hopkins go, but is not willing to trade for Hopkins when he is on the market and the price is apparently low.!.???

Belichick let Brady go because he seen what most of us seen. Brady is not near the QB he once was. 

O'Brien is an * so don't put him and Belichick in the same sentence. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Belichick let Brady go because he seen what most of us seen. Brady is not near the QB he once was. 

O'Brien is an * so don't put him and Belichick in the same sentence. 

U missed my point totally

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

U missed my point totally

No I didn't miss your point. 

I have a question :  Who cares what Belichick does and don't do? 

Belichick is a great coach no doubt but he coaches for the Patriots. According to him he didn't know the rules, had his back turned with Brady and deflategate and are the most fined NFL team in history. 

So you see, it's all perspective. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

No I didn't miss your point. 

I have a question :  Who cares what Belichick does and don't do? 

Belichick is a great coach no doubt but he coaches for the Patriots. According to him he didn't know the rules, had his back turned with Brady and deflategate and are the most fined NFL team in history. 

So you see, it's all perspective. 

Now u really missed my point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Now u really missed my point.

I still didn't miss your point.

You basically said Belichick don't give a crap about his player. You may have said it nicely in your words but it still mean the same thing in my perspective. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

I still didn't miss your point.

You basically said Belichick don't give a crap about his player. You may have said it nicely in your words but it still mean the same thing in my perspective. 

Night.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2020 at 12:40 AM, Moosejawcolt said:

Hmmmm..... bellichek just let mayb the greatest qb walk because he wasnt willing to offer him 30 mill.  Bill's history is loaded with players he let walk.  He did the same thing with Moss. He started to make noise and bye bye.  Look at his history as the Pats coach. Apparently the Pats wanted Hopkins but were not willing to give up  that much. Why? Because they knew Hopkins wanted a new deal.  Hmmmm!! So Bill wouldnt let a player like Hopkins go, but is not willing to trade for Hopkins when he is on the market and the price is apparently low.!.???

The Texans weren't going to trade him to an AFC contender.    He went for a low price to an NFC team

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

The Texans weren't going to trade him to an AFC contender.    He went for a low price to an NFC team

I disagree.  There were AFC teams sniffing around.  He wants a new  20  million plus a year contract at 28. Teams walked away and this is a generational draft for wrs

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I disagree.  There were AFC teams sniffing around.  He wants a new  20  million plus a year contract at 28. Teams walked away and this is a generational draft for wrs

You don't think AFC teams would have lined up to trade a 2nd and a former pro bowler for quite possibly the best WR in the game?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2020 at 8:40 PM, Moosejawcolt said:

2015, 2016, 2018 and 2019 AFC South champs.  Who? The Houston Texans coached and managed by the *ic O'Brien. Just saying. He did a Bellichek move by trading Hopkins. Yes, he was a great receiver but going to b 28, I beleive,and most likely wanting a new deal north of 20 million. This draft is loaded with wr talent. The market dictated Hopkins value. I bet the Texans wanted more but the offers were not there. 

They never made it to the AFC Title Game so who cares if they won the division the last 4 of 5 seasons. That team has to show me something in the playoffs to be taken serious. The Colts have been in 5 AFC Title Games since 1995 = 1995, 2003, 2006, 2009, and 2014. 2 SB's = 2006, 2009 and we won it all in 2006. Texans have never made it past the Divisional Round. Most fans in here have called the AFC South weak forever so anyone can a weak division.

 

Trolls = The AFC South is only weak when we win it lmao . When Houston, Jacks, or Tennessee wins it, it is the best division in football :funny:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They never made it to the AFC Title Game so who cares if they won the division the last 4 of 5 seasons. That team has to show me something in the playoffs to be taken serious. The Colts have been in 5 AFC Title Games since 1995 = 1995, 2003, 2006, 2009, and 2014. 2 SB's = 2006, 2009 and we won it all in 2006. Texans have never made it past the Divisional Round. Most fans in here have called the AFC South weak forever so anyone can a weak division.

 

Trolls = The AFC South is only weak when we win it lmao . When Houston, Jacks, or Tennessee wins it, it is the best division in football :funny:

Oh brother.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Oh brother.

Just saying, what good does it do to win your division when you lose in the 1st round every year? They won the division in 2018 and we blew them out in the playoffs as a Wildcard, that is all people remember. I have been following football for over 40 years now and that Hopkins trade may be the worst I have ever seen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Just saying, what good does it do to win your division when you lose in the 1st round every year? They won the division in 2018 and we blew them out in the playoffs as a Wildcard, that is all people remember. I have been following football for over 40 years now and that Hopkins trade may be the worst I have ever seen.

So the Manning years were a waste? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

So the Manning years were a waste? 

During the Manning years we played in 3 AFC Title Games, went to 2 SB's, and won a SB. No that isn't a waste, we did that in a 7 year span. Any player or coach would take that and run with it. Houston has never reached an AFC Title Game despite winning the division multiple times, that is a waste. They have wasted JJ Watt's whole career and part of Hopkins career. JJ Watt not playing in 1 AFC Title Game is a joke.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

During the Manning years we played in 3 AFC Title Games, went to 2 SB's, and won a SB. No that isn't a waste, we did that in a 7 year span. Any player or coach would take that and run with it. Houston has never reached an AFC Title Game despite winning the division multiple times, that is a waste. They have wasted JJ Watt's whole career and part of Hopkins career. JJ Watt not playing in 1 AFC Title Game is a joke.

To add to this even Andrew Luck played in a AFC Title Game despite having a short career. Playing on the biggest stages is what counts, any player or coach will tell anyone that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

During the Manning years we played in 3 AFC Title Games, went to 2 SB's, and won a SB. No that isn't a waste, we did that in a 7 year span. Any player or coach would take that and run with it. Houston has never reached an AFC Title Game despite winning the division multiple times, that is a waste. They have wasted JJ Watt's whole career and part of Hopkins career. JJ Watt not playing in 1 AFC Title Game is a joke.

Hmmmm.....one superbowl in like 16 years for one of the greatest qbs and numerous regular season wins and titles.  By your definition , thats a waste. One could argue, Mannings tenure was even more of a waste with the numerous one and done in the play offs.  Just saying.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Hmmmm.....one superbowl in like 16 years for one of the greatest qbs and numerous regular season wins and titles.  By your definition , thats a waste. One could argue, Mannings tenure was even more of a waste with the numerous one and done in the play offs.  Just saying.

The 1 SB in 13 seasons is what it was, was not a waste. We won the big one + we also played in 2 SB's and 3 AFC Title Games when Manning was here in 7 seasons. You are losing this debate by a mile, quit while you are behind, Houston has never played in an AFC Title Game lmao .

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2020 at 10:47 AM, King Colt said:

The Texans are a player away from winning it all. The Watson-Hopkins connection will never be broken any more then the Harrison-Manning connection remained to the end.


lol....more like they were about 8-10 players away from winning it all.  And now that they got rid of the best player on their team, they are even further away.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2020 at 1:27 PM, DownHillRunner said:

 

Cardinals send RB David Johnson and a 2nd Round pick to the Texans for WR DeAndre Hopkins and a 4th round pick. The Texans would've never traded him within the division to us. 

cards will be a force again

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2020 at 1:11 AM, MacDee1975 said:


lol....more like they were about 8-10 players away from winning it all.  And now that they got rid of the best player on their team, they are even further away.

obrien will replace him, he goes for it all each season same as hoodie

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...