Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DeAndre Hopkins on trade block

danlhart87

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Fluke_33 said:

hes 27 and locked up for 3 years.  i would jump at that.   he takes a lot of pressure off a young qb whether it be this year or next that they start.

He'd be worth every penny; I'd trade a first round pick for him and not look back. I think he's the best receiver in the league. But the Texans aren't likely to trade him, and certainly not to the Colts. 

O'Brien is nuts.  Hopkins has been a centerpiece to the Texans recent success.  Maybe he's been a crutch for Watson & limiting his growth but my goodness.  And Tannenbaum on ESPN talking about it looks like a great trade for both...  Who is he trying to fool???? 

What a great day for the Colts. 

29 minutes ago, Superman said:

They should have just traded a first for Nick Caserio last year. I don't know what BOB is doing down there...

He really is off the wall. This is not the first "head-scratcher " he's made.

2 minutes ago, dw49 said:

He really is off the wall. This is not the first "head-scratcher " he's made.

I understood the Clowney deal, because I think Clowney is somewhat overrated and I wouldn't spend a bunch of money on signing him. But this one is pretty outrageous.

21 minutes ago, Superman said:

I understood the Clowney deal, because I think Clowney is somewhat overrated and I wouldn't spend a bunch of money on signing him. But this one is pretty outrageous.

Yep, they traded 2 1sts and a 2nd for Tunsil... after they drafted a LT in the 1st, then went on to trade away Clowney for a 3d and Hopkins for a 2nd... this is SO BAD. 

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

Yep, they traded 2 1sts and a 2nd for Tunsil... after they drafted a LT in the 1st, then went on to trade away Clowney for a 3d and Hopkins for a 2nd... this is SO BAD. 

Desperation. I think there was a pick swap somewhere in the Tunsil trade, no?

Clowney? Meh. 

Hopkins? Outrageous.

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Hopkins wanted a new deal.

So does everyone else. They were at least a year away from him actually trying to force the action on a new deal.

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

Desperation. I think there was a pick swap somewhere in the Tunsil trade, no?

Clowney? Meh. 

Hopkins? Outrageous.

they got a 4th and 6th back, which is nothing when you are giving up 2 1sts and a second. 

Obrien seems to really believe in the Bill Bellichick approach.  If you look the Pats they never really paid big salaries to their WRs.  Also I think Bill wants to get more into the running game to protect his QB even more.  He's got some big cahunas for this trade because it could get him ran out of town.

16 minutes ago, krunk said:

Obrien seems to really believe in the Bill Bellichick approach.  If you look the Pats they never really paid big salaries to their WRs.  Also I think Bill wants to get more into the running game to protect his QB even more.  He's got some big cahunas for this trade because it could get him ran out of town.

I believe in Warren Buffet's investing approach too.  But I haven't been able to duplicate it yet.

So....

3 minutes ago, gspdx said:

I believe in Warren Buffet's investing approach too.  But I haven't been able to duplicate it yet.

So....

Tell that Billy O because he thinks he can duplicate Bellichick.  Also why Obrien took on the role as GM just like Bellichick.

1 hour ago, Superman said:

Just reading that Hopkins and O' Brien really disliked each other. I thought the Clowney deal was understandable but how about what he gave up for L Tunsil ? I thought he gave up too much...

So the new GN send the biggest super star on the team on a train to AZ. The media says it was over money. Living in Houston I think I smell smoke. Booger McFarlin says BOB & Hopkins did not get along. Really? The coach does not like his stats as well? BOB should be spelled with an additional O.

1 minute ago, King Colt said:

So the new GN send the biggest super star on the team on a train to AZ. The media says it was over money. Living in Houston I think I smell smoke. Booger McFarlin says BOB & Hopkins did not get along. Really? The coach does not like his stats as well? BOB should be spelled with an additional O.

Umm BOB is and has been the GM since last year.. 

23 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Don't worry.   It will never happen

Archived