Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If the raiders sign Marriotta to back up car and Carolina does not take a QB. There is a very good chance that Herbert and Love fall. Chargers need a LT. If  they fall into the late teens or late first round there is a big opportunity to move back into the first for one of them. I am beginning to think that Love and Herbert drop a little.

Ok . now wait a freakin minute .  Last week you were saying we needed to trade up to possibly 2 to get Love!!!!!!!   Now that we don't have that `13 pick he is going to fall?  

Give it up!   It's over it's done .   We will sign a FA or roll with JB 

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Feels like Christmas.    Despite the reports of negativity, this is what we need. Some sense of normalcy in these chaotic times.    

Beats the hell out of a rookie dt with possible injury issues... This cat was who SF should have kept..... They only did t because they went with Armstead plus a 13 pick.... That wasn't an option for

if I was DeShaun Watson, I'd be * if they trade away Hopkins. 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, CantBeStopped said:

Unfortunately for him it's not really his choice. He's under contract. He would just have to deal with it. Plus if he's confident with himself he shouldn't be worried

No. He can demand a trade and hold out.

Just now, CantBeStopped said:

He could but on what grounds. Because he doesn't want a back up? They're not bringing Mariota in to start. He also doesn't seem like the type to do that

Because Gruden doesn't want him. He's been trying to move Carr since he got there

10 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Even if they drop, it will take atleast both second round picks to get back into the first round

Maybe we give them 44 and our 2021 first. That would do it. Then through in a later round pick. Chances are they go after a Gordon or Eason though.

Just listening to a media guy and they said if Ballard likes a QB enough he will get him. We just need to see how he does it. If we come out with Buckner, Love late in first, and a WR that would be a heck of a draft and offseason.

11 minutes ago, WifiGuy said:

Ok . now wait a freakin minute .  Last week you were saying we needed to trade up to possibly 2 to get Love!!!!!!!   Now that we don't have that `13 pick he is going to fall?  

Give it up!   It's over it's done .   We will sign a FA or roll with JB 

Because you have to see how FA plays out. It changes everything with how teams draft. Mocks are bad when they are before FA.

Maybe we give them 44 and our 2021 first. That would do it. Then through in a later round pick. Chances are they go after a Gordon or Eason though.

Just listening to a media guy and they said if Ballard likes a QB enough he will get him. We just need to see how he does it. If we come out with Buckner, Love late in first, and a WR that would be a heck of a draft and offseason.

There is no way Ballard gives up back to back first round picks

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Because you have to see how FA plays out. It changes everything with how teams draft. Mocks are bad when they are before FA.

How did any of the FA moves today make Love drop from top 5 to falling to the bottom of the 1st or even second?

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

he already did 2019 and 2020

7 minutes ago, CR91 said:

He already did with this trade today. You get your future QB and we got our DT today. All we need is a WR if this happened.

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

He already did with this trade today. You get your future QB and we got our DT today. All we need is a WR if this happened.

trading back is not the same thing.

8 minutes ago, WifiGuy said:

How did any of the FA moves today make Love drop from top 5 to falling to the bottom of the 1st or even second?

he already did 2019 and 2020

If raiders get Marriotta as a backup for Carr they are not drafting a QB. Chargers have been rumored to take a tackle at 6 and Hurts later. Panthers will probably go defense. Tampa would certainly jump on a QB If they don’t sign Winston and bring in Brady.  There could be tons of opportunity to move back into the first if they do fall.

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

trading back is not the same thing.

You hope we make the playoffs this season. IF we do it would be a late first anyway and Ballard probably trading down. If you have a chance to get your franchise one first rd picks is nothing. I don’t think he does this but we have the pieces if they fall to trade up.

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If raiders get Marriotta as a backup for Carr they are not drafting a QB. Chargers have been rumored to take a tackle at 6 and Hurts later. Panthers will probably go defense. Tampa would certainly jump on a QB If they don’t sign Winston and bring in Brady.  There could be tons of opportunity to move back into the first if they do fall.

Again, from last week when we had to trade up to get Love, to now, he may fall to us in the late 1st to the early second. The only difference on your post is the rumor of Mariota going to be a back up for Carr.   Or to be the back up for Tua which is more likely.  all the rest is the same as before 

2 minutes ago, WifiGuy said:

Again, from last week when we had to trade up to get Love, to now, he may fall to us in the late 1st to the early second. The only difference on your post is the rumor of Mariota going to be a back up for Carr.   Or to be the back up for Tua which is more likely.  all the rest is the same as before 

Things change with FA. What don’t you understand.

4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Would be funny if they signed him cheap and then trade Carr.  Making him the starter. 

Things change with FA. What don’t you understand.

What I don't understand is that nothing has changed to justify previously WE MUST TRADE UP to he's gonna fall.

Give me specifics on what has changed from last week?  Besides the fact that we don't have the ammo to trade up to the top 5 anymore without using next yrs 1st & 2nd plus this yrs 2nd's .   What else changed with any other team?

2 minutes ago, WifiGuy said:

What I don't understand is that nothing has changed to justify previously WE MUST TRADE UP to he's gonna fall.

Give me specifics on what has changed from last week?  Besides the fact that we don't have the ammo to trade up to the top 5 anymore without using next yrs 1st & 2nd plus this yrs 2nd's .   What else changed with any other team?

We traded our 13 pick. So now we have you look at other options. Teams are signing people in FA that will change the draft. I don’t think that is so hard to understand. The Marriotta signing almost insured raiders don’t take a QB.  There is a possibility these players fall now with these FA signings.

1 minute ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Hope Ballard is on the phone with the Raiders right now acquiring Carr

Mayok is on record as liking Marriotta. He does get to go to a west coast offense that can fits him better. But it looks like this is a move to push cart and back him up. 

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

1.We traded our 13 pick. So now we have you look at other options.  2.Teams are signing people in FA that will change the draft. I don’t think that is so hard to understand. The 3.Marriotta signing almost insured raiders don’t take a QB.  There is a possibility these players fall now with these FA signings.

1.This is the only thing that changed, and now the "Love" lovers have to figure out another scenario to get him,  

2. The only signing that might  change the QB selections at the top of the draft is that LV might actually go after Tua now with Mariota and trade Carr.  

3. Had we traded for Mariota, or any other QB in FA you were still in the mindset that we STILL had to take a QB with 13 or earlier, but somehow LV is set.  haha . that's funny % right there.

Everyone else that we would have had to trade up above for Love is still there, and if they were looking for a QB last week they still are today.  No other QB's have moved.

The Love hype is and should be over.  My guess is he will drop to the bottom of the 1st round, and maybe beyond, and I am betting CB would skip him again.  

11 minutes ago, WifiGuy said:

1.This is the only thing that changed, and now the "Love" lovers have to figure out another scenario to get him,  

2. The only signing that might  change the QB selections at the top of the draft is that LV might actually go after Tua now with Mariota and trade Carr.  

3. Had we traded for Mariota, or any other QB in FA you were still in the mindset that we STILL had to take a QB with 13 or earlier, but somehow LV is set.  haha . that's funny % right there.

Everyone else that we would have had to trade up above for Love is still there, and if they were looking for a QB last week they still are today.  No other QB's have moved.

The Love hype is and should be over.  My guess is he will drop to the bottom of the 1st round, and maybe beyond, and I am betting CB would skip him again.  

You clearly  didn’t read why I think both could fall. Chargers may not even take a QB. Panthers will probably go defense. I laid everything out why they could fall. We still have a lot of QB out there too. CHargers need a tackle and like Hurts.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

I would think this is for a backup and to push Carr. 

Chloe said in another post earlier that there were reports the Raiders were trying to get a trade in place for Carr by this Wed.  Now this.  They already have backup QB's in place with Mike Glennon and Deshone Kizer.  So today they are moving aggressively on the 1st day of FA to sign a backup QB?  That seems odd to me.  What's the hurry?  I can see moving aggressively for a starter on the FIRST day but not a backup.   Now I'm starting to think there is a chance Mariota gets the job and they trade Carr.   JMO. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

You clearly  didn’t read why I think both could fall. Chargers may not even take a QB. Panthers will probably go defense. I laid everything out why they could fall. We still have a lot of QB out there too. CHargers need a tackle and like Hurts.

He just has such a dislike for Love for no apparent reason.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Oh I clearly read it.    What happened to the chargers since last week that now they don’t need a QB? Didn’t they need a tackle and like Hurts last week but we needed to trade above them?   What changed with the Panthers since last week?

My point is you are still locked on getting Love and your searching and making excuses for it to happen.   

I took a lot of crap for being against taking a QB with 13 and wanting  a 3 tech.  Figured it would be Kinlaw.   But Ballard surprised me by taking the BPA in FA or the Draft with Buckner  

just wait till we take a RB early   Haha

Just now, danlhart87 said:

Bills are trading a 1st-round pick, a 5th-round pick, a 6th-round pick and a 2021 4th-round pick for Vikings WR Stefon Diggs and a 2020 7th-round pick, source tells ESPN.

Wow.....and then compare what Houston hot for Hopkins.