Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A few moves this morning

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone is clamoring for a QB and there is a proven QB out there that is a former 1st round pick that can push the ball down the field with the best of them that is 26.......he also recently had lasik surgery done.

Jameis Winston

Since NONE of us saw the Buckner trade, I'm calling for Winston from the right field bleachers....

Then draft a WR at 34, Claypool at 44 as your new TE and spend the rest of the draft on competition/depth pieces!

4 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Everyone is clamoring for a QB and there is a proven QB out there that is a former 1st round pick that can push the ball down the field with the best of them that is 26.......he also recently had lasik surgery done.

Jameis Winston

Since NONE of us saw the Buckner trade, I'm calling for Winston from the right field bleachers....

Then draft a WR at 34, Claypool at 44 as your new TE and spend the rest of the draft on competition/depth pieces!

He’s not been linked to the Colts, so I don’t see it. 

However, I’d take Winston over Bridgewater any day. And market ain’t looking good for Teddy. lol

54 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Jameis Winston

Claypool is not a TE with those combine numbers

6 hours ago, stitches said:

They might be doing it in order to trade him. Because of the Cousins contract they are in position to have to cut/trade great players. 

I wonder how @NFLfan feels about this. 

:D I want The Vikings to retain Harris. He is an intelligent player and was rated highly last year. I also prefer continuity. I want us to draft and acquire good players, develop them and re-sign them. I am not a fan of signing high-priced free agents that have no history with the team unless they are special players. I would have loved to acquire Hopkins via trade. I don't get that move by Houston. 

I am not pleased with the Cousins extension but we had to do it to free up salary cap space. 

1 hour ago, Scott Pennock said:

Jameis Winston

I wouldn’t hate this if it was just a 2 year deal. I wouldn’t want anything longterm until he proved he could cut down on his INT.

7 hours ago, stitches said:

Treat this one with the required level of suspicion for CFB/Barstool Blogger but :

I have no idea how credible this guy is + I don't think we are allowed to sign or announce a signing at this point. 

That is many rivers to cross.  Sorry!

9 hours ago, CR91 said:

Hebryy, Dupree and Chris Jones have been tagged and devonta Freemen has been cut.

Also Kirksey is signing with the Packers

I called the Freeman buh-bye in another thread a while ago. Falcons have zero money, and they overspent on him to begin with. I've seen a ton of different segments on RB in general, and the overall feel of most of those conversations were that teams would continue to pull away from big dollar RBs. I'm sure some teams will continue to shell out for the few top tier guys, but the majority will be devalued. 

2 hours ago, Superfly said:

He’s not been linked to the Colts, so I don’t see it. 

However, I’d take Winston over Bridgewater any day. And market ain’t looking good for Teddy. lol

He hasn't been linked is my point. Typically Ballards draft picks and free agent signings (or trades) come straight out of nowhere.....

THAT is why I question the Rivers rumors so much.

2 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

He hasn't been linked is my point. Typically Ballards draft picks and free agent signings (or trades) come straight out of nowhere.....

Not sure the Buckner trade came out of nowhere.  Maybe the player, but he stressed the importance of the 3tech in this D.   And a veteran too 

More of what he said .  He needed to get JB more playmakers on offense.  I predict WR and RB will be taken sooner than later.

56 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I wouldn’t hate this if it was just a 2 year deal. I wouldn’t want anything longterm until he proved he could cut down on his INT.

Luck - 6 years - 171 TDs and 83 INTs

........thru 5 years though: 130 and 70

Winston - 5 years - 121 TDs and 81 INTs.

Not a whole lot of difference there actually. 

The lasik has to help AND Ballard/Reich have already stated INTs are not always the QBs fault in regards to scouting. Mentioned Allen and Love specifically but can be used to scout a pro as well.

I'd give him a 4+ year contract as is.

8 minutes ago, WifiGuy said:

Not sure the Buckner trade came out of nowhere.  Maybe the player, but he stressed the importance of the 3tech in this D.   And a veteran too 

More of what he said .  He needed to get JB more playmakers on offense.  I predict WR and RB will be taken sooner than later.

I agree a new WR and TE will be 2 of the first 3 picks now.

1 minute ago, Scott Pennock said:

I don't disagree, however, its already public knowledge that he would move to TE if his drafted team asked and he'd be MORE of a matchup nightmare then.

Granted he would be more of a matchup nightmare there I think he's going to give it everything he's got to be a wr. The compensation difference is just too high

30 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

very very good point

30 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

NFL put out a memo that no players signed can be brought over the facility and no personnel can go see the player. If team wants a physical they will be giving teams a list of doctors in the players area where they can get one done. Off season programs are suspended until further notice.

thats gonna murky the waters a bit

If the raiders sign Marriotta to back up car and Carolina does not take a QB. There is a very good chance that Herbert and Love fall. Chargers need a LT. If  they fall into the late teens or late first round there is a big opportunity to move back into the first for one of them. I am beginning to think that Love and Herbert drop a little.

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If the raiders sign Marriotta to back up car and Carolina does not take a QB. There is a very good chance that Herbert and Love fall. Chargers need a LT. If  they fall into the late teens or late first round there is a big opportunity to move back into the first for one of them. I am beginning to think that Love and Herbert drop a little.

Even if they drop, it will take atleast both second round picks to get back into the first round

Archived