Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, stitches said:

That Blake Jarwin contract is insane. wth are Dallas doing? Doyle got a similar deal and is SO MUCH BETTER?!?!? 

 

It is...but to play devil's advocate...Jarwin is only going to be 26 and somewhat of an ascending player who has shown flashes (but Witten won't go away so he's never really been able to get the targets). I would say he's somewhat comparable to Doyle when Doyle got his first deal at age 26 (a deal that is likely on par with Jarwin's deal...when you account for cap increases).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Feels like Christmas.    Despite the reports of negativity, this is what we need. Some sense of normalcy in these chaotic times.    

Beats the hell out of a rookie dt with possible injury issues... This cat was who SF should have kept..... They only did t because they went with Armstead plus a 13 pick.... That wasn't an option for

if I was DeShaun Watson, I'd be * if they trade away Hopkins. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, stitches said:

None of the big time reporters are reporting this so I would wait before taking this for a true report. 

 

12 minutes ago, stitches said:

 

 

In other words Hayden Hurst ~= DeAndre Hopkins ...

 

Yeah who knows if it is fake. That would be a good deal though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, stitches said:

 

 

In other words Hayden Hurst ~= DeAndre Hopkins ...

 

 

BAL keeps getting absurd deals. Hurst is a draft bust from two years ago...who is somehow going to be 27 this season...and BAL gets a mid 2nd round pick out of him?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

At that price, I'd think Brissett is cut fairly quickly.

I would hold out hopes we cpuld trade him.

 

If so we could get off the hook for all bit $5.5m. Saving about $15m.

 

Straight release we would save around $8m. Throw in Hoyer release and good chunk of Rivers is paid for.

 

Rivers should excite everyone.

 

1. No Jacoby starting

2. Rivers can get is to playoffs

3. All bit means we are drafting QB of future this year.

 

Good times.

 

 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, stitches said:

 

That's not really that awful...though I am sure more than Ballard would want to spend.

 

I hope Ballard starts to explore the trade market for TEs. Njoku is likely on the outs...but maybe Howard and Engram are available as well. Doyle is solid...but it would be nice if Rivers had a good young TE to throw to as well.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shastamasta said:

 

That's not really that awful...though I am sure more than Ballard would want to spend.

 

I hope Ballard starts to explore the trade market for TEs. Njoku is likely on the outs...but maybe Howard and Engram are available as well. Doyle is solid...but it would be nice if Rivers had a good young TE to throw to as well.

Yeah, we need a pass-catching TE... and a bit of a playmaker. I wonder if they won't take a TE in the draft. Like... R3-R4? Brycen Hopkins... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, w87r said:

I would hold out hopes we cpuld trade him.

 

If so we could get off the hook for all bit $5.5m. Saving about $15m.

 

Straight release we would save around $8m. Throw in Hoyer release and good chunk of Rivers is paid for.

 

Rivers should excite everyone.

 

1. No Jacoby starting

2. Rivers can get is to playoffs

3. All bit means we are drafting QB of future this year.

 

Good times.

 

 

 

If Ballard is signing Rivers...I would hope he is working the phones hard to find a taker for JB (and his roster bonus)...which would save $15M in cap space. Even if Ballard needs to get creative and swap picks...get it done.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, stitches said:

Yeah, we need a pass-catching TE... and a bit of a playmaker. I wonder if they won't take a TE in the draft. Like... R3-R4? Brycen Hopkins... 

 

I think the draft is the most likely option...but exploring trades now would just give them more options. The issue is...that Hooper has now set the market...and any talented TE a year or two away from the end of his rookie deal is soon going to want to get theirs very soon. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shastamasta said:

 

I think the draft is the most likely option...but exploring trades now would just give them more options. The issue is...that Hooper has now set the market...and any talented TE a year or two away from the end of his rookie deal is soon going to want to get theirs very soon. 

Yep. OK... what do you think is a reasonable price for Njoku? Or Howard? Or Engram? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Well

 

 

 

Diggs is such a diva...but I think Cousins being there for the foreseeable future means he will force his way out. There were MIN games where Cousins completely ignored Diggs. I get that teams use decoys...but something about it always felt a little different.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

If we find a QB we will be right there with them. I will say though Watson is such a good QB he can probably make lemonade out of lemons.

Really never has before ... What's your basis for this prediction over the course of a few weeks? If not an entire season?  Honest question, I can't think of a lot of guys he's made better by playing with him

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, stitches said:

Yep. OK... what do you think is a reasonable price for Njoku? Or Howard? Or Engram? 

 

It's hard to say...the Hurst deal way heavy.

 

I think Njoku would still be a Day 4 pick...but Engram and Howard probably similar to the Hurst deal. 

 

I think all 3 are better than Hurst...especially Howard and Engram...but Engram has the injury concerns. Howard would be my target...because I think BA destroys TEs.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 minute ago, Shafty138 said:

Really never has before ... What's your basis for this prediction over the course of a few weeks? If not an entire season?  Honest question, I can't think of a lot of guys he's made better by playing with him

You might be right. We are going to find out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, w87r said:

 

 

Straight release we would save around $8m. Throw in Hoyer release and good chunk of Rivers is paid for.

 

 

That would be fine.  Rivers doesn't get injured, so we might not need an expensive backup.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, w87r said:

I would hold out hopes we cpuld trade him.

 

If so we could get off the hook for all bit $5.5m. Saving about $15m.

 

Straight release we would save around $8m. Throw in Hoyer release and good chunk of Rivers is paid for.

 

Rivers should excite everyone.

 

1. No Jacoby starting

2. Rivers can get is to playoffs

3. All bit means we are drafting QB of future this year.

 

Good times.

 

 

Lest I remind you of the bolded, that Roto has written. I have been saying this as well for months now. Rivers won't make a difference at all. If it happens, it's a waste of money.

 

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Colts have had discussion with former-Chargers QB Philip Rivers

Rapoport added, "And while nothing is done, he’s a clear target for Indy. We shall see if they can agree on the money." This is far from the first report that has linked Rivers to Indianapolis. The Colts' beastly offensive line makes them one of (very) few teams that could potentially enable the slow-footed Rivers to a bounce-back season in 2020. Still, the available skill-position weapons are hardly equivalent to what Rivers had in Los Angeles. He turns 39 in December.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stitches said:

Treat this one with the required level of suspicion for CFB/Barstool Blogger but :

 

 

 

 

I have no idea how credible this guy is + I don't think we are allowed to sign or announce a signing at this point. 

I'm hoping it's true.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, stitches said:

Yep. OK... what do you think is a reasonable price for Njoku? Or Howard? Or Engram? 

I wouldn't mind Njoku and wouldn't be surprised if the Colts work out a deal. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Just remember if we do it probably means they are targeting the future QB in the draft.

 

 

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Just remember if we do it probably means they are targeting the future QB in the draft.

 

Yes, but what do you do with Brissett's contract then? We'd still owe him 12 mil if we cut him

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, krunk said:

I wouldn't mind Njoku and wouldn't be surprised if the Colts work out a deal. 

 

I would love it. Pretty much an Ebron-type roll of the dice...without the FA money.

 

Njoku is actually an elite athlete for his size...a term which gets thrown around too much imo. He has long 35" arms...can jump out of the building...is really quick...and has great straightline speed...perfect for playing in a dome. And he's only 24.

 

Bring him in for a season...let him run with Doyle (and learn the finer points of the position) and then see if he is worth giving a longer-term deal to.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shastamasta said:

 

I would love it. Pretty much an Ebron-type roll of the dice...without the FA money.

 

Njoku is an elite athlete...which gets thrown around too much imo. He has long 35" arms...can jump out of the building...is really quick...and has great straightline speed. And he's only 24.

 

Bring him in for a season...let him run with Doyle (and learn the finer points of the position) and then see if he is worth giving a longer-term deal to.

Yeah and he hasn't had that great of a QB situation there in Cleveland.  Pair him up with somebody like Rivers (assuming we sign Rivers of course) and I think we will see more of his abilities come out.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

 

 

Yes, but what do you do with Brissett's contract then? We'd still owe him 12 mil if we cut him

We can afford to eat it. He only had this year left. So you eat it for a year or trade him for what you can. Rivers wouldn’t even matter what he gets because it would be a short term deal. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, krunk said:

Yeah and he hasn't had that great of a QB situation there in Cleveland.  Pair him up with somebody like Rivers (assuming we sign Rivers of course) and I think we will see more of his abilities come out.

 

Absolutely. His rookie season was with Kizer. In Baker's rookie year...he really started to break out...but then lost last season to injuries.

 

IF the Colts could just get his 2018 production...we would be ecstatic...but I think the upside for much more is there. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We can afford to eat it. He only had this year left. So you eat it for a year or trade him for what you can. Rivers wouldn’t even matter what he gets because it would be a short term deal. 

 

Why eat it and add another big contract on top of it to get one year of Rivers? Just draft Herbert and let him play

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

Why eat it and add another big contract on top of it to get one year of Rivers? Just draft Herbert and let him play

It’s not that easy. We have no idea where the QB will be drafted. Or if we can find a trade partner.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Thanks so much for doing this.    As you might expect, I have questions...   Your #2 take away is Leonard will get $17-18m per.   But your breakdown of your proposed contract looks to me like $14.25m per year.   5 years, $71.3m.   Can you explain the discrepancy?   I don’t know if Leonard will reach $17-18m, but I feel DL will likely reach $15-16m per. 
    • Lock that down sooner than later 
    • Stephen Holder wrote an article on Leonard extension on the Athletic.   I don't have access, but a few key notes from article.   1. Colts surely are looking at locking him up this offseason. 2. Probably looking at $17-18m a season 3. If we don't lock him up this offseason, it increases the chances he leaves after rookie deal. Although we would have a Franchise Tag option if long term couldn't be agreed upon.   https://theathletic.com/2422770/2021/03/03/colts-darius-leonard-decision-a-massive-payday-now-or-wait-until-later/?source=emp_shared_article     As far Leonard, I know its been discussed, what does his extension look like? Will he leave when he can, if not signed?     Going to change my projection a little from offseason mock:   Darius Leonard:(5 years(raise in 2021) $71.3m $49.3m guaranteed $25m SB (2021/22/23 base,)) 2021:$3.42m base, $838k SB, $5m SB = $9.3m ~ guaranteed 2022:$10m base, $5m SB = $15m ~ guaranteed 2023: $12m base, $5m SB = $17m ~ guaranteed 2024: $12m base, $5m SB = $17m 2025: $10m base $5m SB = $15m     I think something like this could get close.   The $5m extra in 2021, then $15.5m/season after and $25m upfront. $67m in new money.   Is that something Colts fans fell ok about?   I know I feel pretty good about it. 
  • Members

    • SaturdayAllDay

      SaturdayAllDay 149

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • PeterBowman

      PeterBowman 1,444

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • #ThisRide

      #ThisRide 1

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • danlhart87

      danlhart87 7,433

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • MPStack

      MPStack 3,259

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • chad72

      chad72 7,151

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Balzer40

      Balzer40 0

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ColtJax

      ColtJax 349

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • joecolts

      joecolts 91

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Dogg63

      Dogg63 2,036

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...