Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A few moves this morning

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Well Tennessee is officially the best team in the division based on talent

If we find a QB we will be right there with them. I will say though Watson is such a good QB he can probably make lemonade out of lemons.

9 minutes ago, stitches said:

IMO this looks like Rivers' agent trying to bump up the price tag. 

We all know Ballard won't participate in bidding wars past some point so... the question is... what other team is bidding here? 

:groan:

Just now, stitches said:

:facepalm:

2 minutes ago, MTC said:

I wouldn't mind Rivers for a year or two if Colts decide to develop Jordan Love (who is the clear target, IMO).

Rivers would be that friction Ballard talked  about. He has had such good s good career players would listen and he would be respected. The only issue is they still need to draft the future.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Rivers would be that friction Ballard talked  about. He has had such good s good career players would listen and he would be respected. The only issue is they still need to draft the future.

yep....but also make sure the team is sound too....if you have a great TEAM, it'll make getting  a qb that much easier because you won't have to have a do it all franchise guy, just a good solid one. 

I don’t think rivers will be a huge contract because his age.  I could see him taking less to come to the Colts since  he is so familiar with everyone.  

Hilton and our WR would be very happy. 

We haven’t heard anything yet on Shelby Harris.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• they have injuries on offense lance got hurt so did jimmy g , either way whoever starts is coming off a injury .   they lost their running back for the year also .   the bye week could hurt them also in being rusty plus jimmy g hasnt played in 3 weeks by the time our game is .  i feel much better going against a bad offensive team than a elite QB with the way our defense has played .
    • 1.  Good job of taking care of business against a bad team.  Solid job on both offense and defense.  It was especially good to see that they didn't just get by and finished the game strong. Lets keep it going next week against a better opponent.     2.  It has been said before, but it bears repeating that the O-line specifically the run game continues to do a good job despite missing Q.  Front office really has to wonder if it is worth to pay high $$ for a position that may not impact an entire unit, game so much.  I am tending agree that best most efficient use of cap space for Nelson's talents in the future may be to put him out at LT.     3.  Watching Houston really underscores how quickly any promise, a path for a championship can evaporate.  It was only in January 2020, these guys had a 24-0 lead in a divisional playoff game, a young QB who had to be considered top 5 in the league and now, less than a season and a half later, the team looks like they are starting over...again.  Absolutely crazy how things can be altered so drastically in such a short period of time.  
    • If we win the rematch it anyone's division, most important game of the season in 2 weeks.
    • Leonard has always seemed to have a knack for creating turnovers and he seems to be able to do it at key times (e.g., his forced fumble last year against the Texans).  Today's game, though it wasn't a spectacular INT, it came at a key moment.  Up 10-3, HOU got a stop on us to start the 2nd half... had they scored and tied the game after getting the ball back, it's a different game -- Leonard getting the pick to give us the ball right back (with good field position), really shifted momentum today and allowed us to blow the game wide open.   It does seem to me like Leonard is having kind of a down year (considering he's been an all-pro his first three years, it isn't shocking to see him slip some).  My guess is a good bit of that is due to his ankle.  It also seems like he's being used a bit differently without Walker around.  Additionally, as our front four (hopefully) continues to improve (remember we're missing Autry and Houston who were two of the 3 biggest pieces on last years front four, Paye and Turay have battled injuries all year, etc.), I think Leonard will benefit.   Anyway, Leonard is definitely a leader of this team and brings a high level of energy and excitement to the group.  Glad he is a Colt... hopefully he can get this ankle issue figured out and remain healthy and on the field for us for a long time to come.  
    • no its not all there is to it. we had this rookie qb today (although we won big) complete 70 some % of his passes. we need a big time FA cb and a better pass rush. even if we win the division this year we will lose in the 1st round of the playoffs . if a rookie qb can complete 70 or more % of his passes what on earth will happen when we meet KC or the Bills or any of the other afc playoff teams.  we can't put all of our cap space on the OL (i do wish Fisher would get back to form)
  • Members

• John Hammonds

John Hammonds 1,963

• DeepseaColt

DeepseaColt 19

• Qcolts

Qcolts 32

• Lancer1

Lancer1 902

• Wentzszn

Wentzszn 15,049

• coltsfanmurf