Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Feels like Christmas.    Despite the reports of negativity, this is what we need. Some sense of normalcy in these chaotic times.    

Beats the hell out of a rookie dt with possible injury issues... This cat was who SF should have kept..... They only did t because they went with Armstead plus a 13 pick.... That wasn't an option for

if I was DeShaun Watson, I'd be * if they trade away Hopkins. 

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

per Rotoworld....Colts interested in Delanie Walker. 

Yeah, I read that too:

I don't like this. 

edit: I didn't realize he's a free agent. I thought it was a trade interest. I guess I would be OK with it if we didn't have to give up an asset. 

3 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

per Rotoworld....Colts interested in Delanie Walker. 

A 1 year deal would be nice. He’s 35 and is a good player when healthy.

Isn’t he pretty old. Funny how there has been nothing on Ebron interest from other teams.

1 minute ago, Superfly said:

A 1 year deal would be nice. He’s 35 and is a good player when healthy.

He would probably come pretty cheap too. 

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

I disagree. They will draft OT. 

Their OL sucks 

Not anymore than Taylor does. 

There will be an OT in later rounds and at pick #6 they will be in position to have their choice with any QB except Burrow. 

49 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I think they will draft a QB with their 1st round pick. 

More than likely it will be Herbert.  I don't see Tyrod holding that position down for too long.  If they don't take a QB maybe they bring in a vet (Newton, Winston, Dalton etc..)

8 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

When you quit and burn bridges on two teams no one will pay you. Eric has a huge ego.

Shame cos I actually like Ebron, but he clearly thinks he is better than he is. The drops are just a big turn off for most teams I'd imagine.

I wonder if Clowney is still a target of ours?  I think his price point right now is too high which is why no team has bitten yet.  When his price comes down I want to see if the Colts are still in play.

7 minutes ago, krunk said:

I wonder if Clowney is still a target of ours?  I think his price point right now is too high which is why no team has bitten yet.  When his price comes down I want to see if the Colts are still in play.

It would have to come way down from the 22mil he wanted for us to consider him, I think.

23 minutes ago, krunk said:

Purely my opinion, but I doubt we look at any player over 10ishM/yr. Only exception may be a WR, DB, or TE, and even doubt that. Now if we cut JB (8.8M) and Hoyer (5M), or some combo of others 5M or more, then things might change.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Purely my opinion, but I doubt we look at any player over 10ishM/yr. Only exception may be a WR, DB, or TE, and even doubt that. Now if we cut JB (8.8M) and Hoyer (5M), or some combo of others 5M or more, then things might change.

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2020/3/19/21186793/the-colts-should-highly-consider-signing-jadeveon-clowney-on-a-short-term-deal

• Thanks 1

I'm perplexed on Robby Anderson.  He's available as a solid #2.  6'3", Only 26 years old, had over 50 catches last year, over 700 yards and 5 TD's playing for the putrid Jets.  Sounds like a Ballard signing to me.  Is he a bad locker room guy or something?  Want too much money?

Just now, AZColt11 said:

I'm perplexed on Robby Anderson.  He's available as a solid #2.  6'3", Only 26 years old, had over 50 catches last year, over 700 yards and 5 TD's playing for the putrid Jets.  Sounds like a Ballard signing to me.  Is he a bad locker room guy or something?  Want too much money?

I think the jets want to bring him back so there may be a lot going on. I thought I heard something about his character but I can’t remember where or what it was about.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, AZColt11 said:

He's looking for a big contract and so far teams are waiting him out.  Big WR draft class coming.  We shall see. 

3 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

I think spotrac projected Anderson to around 4/45 if my memory is correct.    That doesn't sound like a Ballard contract.    Especially not in this type of WR draft class year.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think spotrac projected Anderson to around 4/45 if my memory is correct.    That doesn't sound like a Ballard contract.    Especially not in this type of WR draft class year.

OK well then yeah the draft might be a better option.  However, if they could get him for maybe 7 per that might not be too bad.

8 hours ago, krunk said:

Wow, I forgot about teams being able to split dead cap hits. So cutting JB could mean a cap savings of 15.1M instead of just 8.75M this year... 

On Hoyer, says only 3M, but I thought it was 5M (didn't see a dead cap on him IIRC).

Regardless, that's 18-20M savings.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Wow, I forgot about teams being able to split dead cap hits. So cutting JB could mean a cap savings of 15.1M instead of just 8.75M this year... 

On Hoyer, says only 3M, but I thought it was 5M (didn't see a dead cap on him IIRC).

Regardless, that's 18-20M savings.

Hoyer and Kelly both have no cap hit if cut. 

41 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Hoyer and Kelly both have no cap hit if cut. 

I didn't think Hoyer did, but the article says there's only a 3M savings (and I know he was set to make 5M this year). I need to look at his contract, but assume he's got some type of guarantee it the article is right. But wouldn't a guarantee that has to be paid out this year or next, but part of dead cap? I'm totally confused lol