Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

11 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Bills are trading a 1st-round pick, a 5th-round pick, a 6th-round pick and a 2021 4th-round pick for Vikings WR Stefon Diggs and a 2020 7th-round pick, source tells ESPN.

Rick Spielman got a lot back for Diggs but I'm not happy about it. I was a huge fan of Stefon Diggs. WR becomes a big need for us. We only have Adam Thielen.

• Like 3
  • Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Feels like Christmas.    Despite the reports of negativity, this is what we need. Some sense of normalcy in these chaotic times.    

Beats the hell out of a rookie dt with possible injury issues... This cat was who SF should have kept..... They only did t because they went with Armstead plus a 13 pick.... That wasn't an option for

if I was DeShaun Watson, I'd be * if they trade away Hopkins. 

Posted Images

Just now, NFLfan said:

Rick Spielman got a lot back for Diggs but I'm not happy about it. I was a huge fan of Stefon Diggs. WR becomes a big need for us. We only have Adam Thielen.

I'm thinking Vikings go Justin Jefferson and OL 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Dang

I am guessing the Diggs didn't require a huge new contract. IF you can keep Diggs on his current deal...it makes some sense...although MIN had little leverage.

9 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

It is a big need but seems certain you will pick up one of the stud WR in the draft. So new WR on rookie contract isn't that bad really.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I'm thinking Vikings go Justin Jefferson and OL 

At least one 1st round pick will be CB. 

But why Justin Jefferson? Vikes fans want Tyler Johnson from MN.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

I believe he jumped into first round discussion after his combine. Eagles might beat you to him though. 

13 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

That's who I want as well. Give me Mims at #34/44 and Johnson at #75 and I am good.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

This is funny. Patriots are losing everyone. They lost Van Oy earlier.

They don't think of those as lost players. They think of them as gained compensatory picks.

19 minutes ago, stitches said:

What would you rather have: 

Buckner at 21M a year or Hargrave at 14M a year + no. 13?

Perhaps Ballard sees Hargrove as a NT?    CB says his 3T is the position that makes his defense go.    He wanted Buckner.   Guys like him don’t come available very often.   

Quite honestly, I’d bet that Ballard is happy he only had to pay a first round pick to get Buckner and not anything more.    Just a different viewpoint. 

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Perhaps Ballard sees Hargrove as a NT?    CB says his 3T is the position that makes his defense go.    He wanted Buckner.   Guys like him don’t come available very often.   

Quite honestly, I’d bet that Ballard is happy he only had to pay a first round pick to get Buckner and not anything more.    Just a different viewpoint. 

I doubt it. Hargrave fits the 3T mold and had the highest IDL pressure % in the entire league. I don't doubt Buckner is probably the more complete and better overall player. He probably is. And I don't doubt Ballard loves him and sees him as a difference maker. He's been preaching frugality and not overpaying for ages... and now he gives Buckner the equivalent of what Aaron Donald and Khalil Mack are getting in addition to giving up a premier asset for him. He better really love him to do that. 

The question is - is the difference worth the no. 13 pick when you look at the types of players we could have had at that spot? 

30 minutes ago, stitches said:

Hargrave isn't on Buckner's level. I would rather have Buckner. Buckner is also a year younger. People have complained in here a lot that Ballard never trades or signs anyone great, then when he does some in here still aren't happy. I am certain he will get the QB situation straightened out as well. The team scouted Herbert and Love and apparently didn't like what they seen, none of us have the info they do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
42 minutes ago, stitches said:

UT with 263 tackles, 28,5 sacks, 11 pass def in 4 years vs. NT with 168 tackles, 14,5 sacks, 2 pass def in 4 years? UT!

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Hargrave isn't on Buckner's level. I would rather have Buckner. Buckner is also a year younger. People have complained in here a lot that Ballard never trades or signs anyone great, then when he does some in here still aren't happy. I am certain he will get the QB situation straightened out as well. The team scouted Herbert and Love and apparently didn't like what they seen, none of us have the info they do.

It's not about Buckner vs Hargrave... Buckner is the better player(although I think it's closer than people think) it's about Buckner vs Lamb/Jeudy/Brown/Kinlaw/Thomas/etc.+Hargrave + whatever you can get with the difference in salary... 

I agree about the QBs... this obviously looks like they didn't like the QBs in the 1st. 

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

In a 25 year sample, 30.6% of 1st round DLs had at least one pro bowl, and 35.3% busted. That leaves about 34% in the middle/average.

First, Pro Bowl voting doing a favor for well known players, not better ones. So, it's easier to get to Pro Bowl being a 1st round pick.

Second, nobody wants middle/average player being taken with 13th pick.

27 minutes ago, stitches said:

I doubt it. Hargrave fits the 3T mold and had the highest IDL pressure % in the entire league. I don't doubt Buckner is probably the more complete and better overall player. He probably is. And I don't doubt Ballard loves him and sees him as a difference maker. He's been preaching frugality and not overpaying for ages... and now he gives Buckner the equivalent of what Aaron Donald and Khalil Mack are getting in addition to giving up a premier asset for him. He better really love him to do that. 

The question is - is the difference worth the no. 13 pick when you look at the types of players we could have had at that spot? 

Look again at the Adam Shefter tweet.   Calls him a NT.   Buckner is 6’7” with long arms.   Hargrove is built like a fire hydrant, like a nose tackle.   I’m not saying he isn’t good.   I’m saying Buckner has more of what Ballard values and wants.   So he went out and got him.   You think he’s having regrets he didn’t go after Hargrove instead?   Highly doubtful.   

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, K-148 said:

First, Pro Bowl voting doing a favor for well known players, not better ones. So, it's easier to get to Pro Bowl being a 1st round pick.

If Buckner was in this years draft he would go in the top 10, maybe top 5. If you look at it from that perspective this was a great trade we made today.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If Buckner was in this years draft he would go in the top 10, maybe top 5. If you look at it from that perspective this was a great trade we made today.

I like the trade. I just wanted to say, that it's not easy to get great player at DI even with high 1st round pick.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Look again at the Adam Shefter tweet.   Calls him a NT.   Buckner is 6’7” with long arms.   Hargrove is built like a fire hydrant, like a nose tackle.   I’m not saying he isn’t good.   I’m saying Buckner has more of what Ballard values and wants.   So he went out and got him.   You think he’s having regrets he didn’t go after Hargrove instead?   Highly doubtful.   

I don't care what Adam Schefter calls him. I watch him how he plays and how he can transition to a defense like ours. 

I don't doubt Ballard values Buckner more than Hargrave. That's why he did the trade. 

6 minutes ago, K-148 said:

LOL, let's not act like Pro Bowl players are slouches.

QB has 40% PB rate, and 42% bust rate. 

All picks are a gamble. If you want the highest differential, then you better limit your first round selections to Safety and Center... 

7 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

Luck - 6 years - 171 TDs and 83 INTs

........thru 5 years though: 130 and 70

Winston - 5 years - 121 TDs and 81 INTs.

Not a whole lot of difference there actually. 

The lasik has to help AND Ballard/Reich have already stated INTs are not always the QBs fault in regards to scouting. Mentioned Allen and Love specifically but can be used to scout a pro as well.

I'd give him a 4+ year contract as is.

Not much difference besides that whole putting a team on your back and leading them to playoff wins thing.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, EastStreet said:

LOL, let's not act like Pro Bowl players are slouches.

QB has 40% PB rate, and 42% bust rate. 

All picks are a gamble. If you want the highest differential, then you better limit your first round selections to Safety and Center... 

Just like Grigson his last year and Ballard his first year. Coincidence? Or both wanted safest bet?

46 minutes ago, K-148 said:

Just like Grigson his last year and Ballard his first year. Coincidence? Or both wanted safest bet?

I think Ballard's track record has been much better than Grigson. Ballard certainly seems more controlled and structured in his approach, and IMO goes much deeper in his evaluation. That's purely my opinion, but think most would agree. 

Ballard has shown he thinks a lot different than 99% of the fan base. 

His drafts, free agent signings and now this trade tells me he don't care what the fan base thinks. 

He don't have that knee jerk reaction that most all fans have. 

For those who think they know what he is going to do he makes them look very uninformed.

Good for him. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, krunk said:

I'm trying to see what advantage they think they are getting with Mariota versus Derek Carr?  I don't get it.

Supposedly he’s tabbed as backup to Carr. 

9 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Supposedly he’s tabbed as backup to Carr. 

Makes sense!  Just not sure if that is what they want.

Mariota is a very solid backup option if you keep Carr around.

Keeping Carr is their best bet.