Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A few moves this morning

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hate this trade!! Loss of our 1st pick and now $21 mil contract. Not sure why we didn’t just go Hargrave or Harris route without losing our 1st round pick. There goes the lamb or Jeudy possibility. That’s even more draft capital spent on the D. Time to sprinkle just a little on the other side. 

Guess what opposing QBs no longer do to the Colts? Step up into the pocket.... Not with this 6-7 monster there.

Also, this is amazing for Houston, Our other DTs, Turay.....

2 minutes ago, boo2202 said:

Hate this trade!! Loss of our 1st pick and now $21 mil contract. Not sure why we didn’t just go Hargrave or Harris route without losing our 1st round pick. There goes the lamb or Jeudy possibility. That’s even more draft capital spent on the D. Time to sprinkle just a little on the other side. 

Boo22hoo2....

Hargrave, harris, and a first Rd QB on the bench isn't close to the value of this kid..... I didn't realize he was the straw that stirred the drink for SF on D.....

Just now, boo2202 said:

I'm not sure I hate it. All along the thought was the Colts taking a DT at 13. I know everybody wanted a QB, but that wasn't logical as this move now proves. It's really the Colts getting a stud DT at 13, regardless of the money, which we HAVE to spend. Have meaning available to spend. I think I'm cool with it

12 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Sure.  You can have an opinion.  Most likely you're just * at being less geeked out on draft day, less likely you think you know better than Chris Ballard as to the value of the pick vs potential players....

Hopefully he can throw the football too huh

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

I guess with the second round picks we actually could move back up for a QB if one falls.

Or, once again.... Ballard told everyone the truth when he kept saying how much DT drove this thing.... And they didn't much care for the QBs in the top of draft vs. what's on the market....

I just heard that san fran doesn't have a 2nd 3rd or 4th round pick in this years draft so we must not be getting any pick along with Buckner. Steep price, but then Ballard immediately gave him an extension making him the 2nd highest paid dlineman in the league behind Aaron Donald. So much for Ballard not spending money! I hope this works out. It's incredible that no one on this forum ever sees what Ballard is up to! Get Rivers and we will be right back in championship mode. Cut Brissett, keep Kelly as backup and we are set.

Beats the hell out of a rookie dt with possible injury issues... This cat was who SF should have kept..... They only did t because they went with Armstead plus a 13 pick.... That wasn't an option for us.

Guys here til he's 31.... I think he'll win over plenty in next five years... Most dominant DT in Indy history by end of it if he just stays level with his play.

I have said all along there is not a qb in this draft other than maybe Burrow who has the ability to be better than Chad Kelly, Ballard was not going to spend the 13th pick in the draft to have some sit behind Kelly. And now if we get Rivers there is no way we will be in any position to draft a qb next year either, maybe Kelly is in the future plans of the Colts. I hope so!

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

This tells me Ballard did not like any of the QB at 13.  We can now maybe take Eason or Gordon in a later round to groom. Or even trade back up with those 2nd rounders. Going to be interesting. Ballard actually did something he has never done.

It tells me that may be the case.  Or.... He thinks they will be gone.  Or.... He thinks one falls.  Lots of FA options for teams that need a starter at QB.

This defense is going to be legit next year.  This does so much to keep guys like Leonard clean... Not to mention the secondary.... I'd be nervous if I was JB.  Not sure he gets a chance to hold down a D that just added a 100 mil to it's payroll over next five.....

1 minute ago, twfish said:

Dang 2 years without a first round pick

Two seconds early this year and two last year really helps nullify that.... Plus Buckner.

Just now, boo2202 said:

Could’ve probably had Chris Jones for a 2nd round pick.

Not even close to the same player fit wise apparently, according to what some reporters were told, the amazing for was driving force to trade.

Guess who has pick 31 and no 3rd 4th or 5th...... And might be motivated to let us back in end of Rd one for a 2 and a four or five, if we want a fifth yr option. On a guy who drops?.....

22 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

What this tells me is that the team doesn't see a big enough drop from 13 to 34 to not make this deal.... 

Or, they really believe they can trade back into tail end of the first

I think the draft is shaking out to where there is no great value at 13.  The Qbs will be gone, and Buckner is better than the DTs on the board.  

We don't need an immediate player at LT with AC, so that can happen in round 2 or 3 also.

6 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I think the draft is shaking out to where there is no great value at 13.  The Qbs will be gone, and Buckner is better than the DTs on the board.  

We don't need an immediate player at LT with AC, so that can happen in round 2 or 3 also.

Something else is ballard could have Love and Herbert rated close to say a Eason or Gordon. So in that case it’s always better to get the guy later round. But we do still have a lot of ammo to move back into the first if we want.

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Something else is ballard could have Love and Herbert rated close to say a Eason or Gordon. So in that case it’s always better to get the guy later round. But we do still have a lot of ammo to move back into the first if we want.

The rest of the NFL has Love and Herbert rated top 10 most likely.

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Or he could be like me and say none of them were worth drafting. Sign Rivers with Brissett as backup. 

Archived