Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What round do you take offensive line depth?

What round do you take offensive line dept? Who do you like?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Round you draft offensive line depth?

• Round 1
    • Round 2 (Pick 34)
    • Round 2 (Pick 44)
    • Round 3
    • Round 4
    • Round 5
    • Round 6
    • Round 7
    • No Selection
    • Free Agency

I would think Rd 1-4 you’re looking at starters or players that would make a significant contribution.  Rd 5-7 you’re looking at projects or depth. Like anything else there may be fool’s gold and gems all around us. My opinion.

If you draft a starting tackle in R1, and move Smith inside, your depth includes Glow, a 2 year starter.  Elite OL, excellent depth across the board, and no need to panic when AC retires.  One of many potential strategies for the Colts in this years draft, but one that covers a lot ground.

With Castonzo re-signed for 2 years Ballard has basically given he and Dodds 2-3 drafts to find the next stud LT for the team. 2020 and 2021 if they have physically/mentally talented yet raw athlete they can mold found in rounds 4-7 OR 2022 draft the best LT they can in the 1st Round.

16 hours ago, CR91 said:

Go depth this year, but I still think Braden can move to the left once AC does retire. Braden imo should get credit as well for the turn around of our line.

Agreed. He doesn’t get credit because people are too busy saying he needs to move back to RG despite grading out as one of the best RT’s in the league.

Archived