Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dolphin's interest in Jordan Love

Just saw a report that the Dolphin's rushed to get a meeting with Jordan Love before the NFL stopped all in-person interviews.

It would be an interesting pick for the Dolphin's and could be a good move with Fitzpatrick set as the starter next year, miami pretty much needs an overhaul of their entire offensive, and sitting Love for a year could give them the time they need to do it.

https://sports.yahoo.com/miami-dolphins-secure-meeting-utah-state-quarterback-jordan-love-coronavirus-ban-visits-outbreak-covid19-nfl-draft-013249608.html

It would be smart for the Dolphins to appear to have serious interest in multiple QBs.

Keep the other QB needy teams guessing who they're really targeting and maybe one of them jumps ahead of Miami, afraid losing their target QB.  Showing equal interest in all 3 is part of the smoke screen game played at this time and could improve the chances of their top choice dropping to them.

Even if that's not the case, it makes sense for them to do due diligence on all the top QBs.  It can't hurt and they'll need a plan B in the event they do miss out on their top choice.

The Colts will probably be doing the same.

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Dolphins are probably also doing this in case the Redskins or lions take Tua

Tua is going to slide.  His medical history would scare the hell out of me.  I am hearing that his medicals r not ad clean as they were reported at the combine

5 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Tua is going to slide.  His medical history would scare the hell out of me.  I am hearing that his medicals r not ad clean as they were reported at the combine

Where did you hear that? All I've heard is he's cleared

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

He basically said that he hasn't passed any teams physicals till he has worked out.

I don't think he was cleared on time to do a physical at the combine and I don't think he can work out for teams til his pro day

I don’t have the links but I looked at the top 5 or 6 mock drafters over a 5 year average ( according to the Huddle Report) and virtually none of them except one has the Colts taking a QB at 13. The one was Herbert and Love was being taken by Raiders in one but slid down past our pick on everyone else mocks. Tampa and Minnesota.  They said we were ready to win now and would be getting a free  agent like Rivers and getting a developmental QB later. Jeudy, Lamb, Chaisson, Kinlaw and Herbert were the  ones I remember. So I’m saying none of them have Love going top 10. 

Love is too much of a "boom or bust" guy for a top 10 pick. He has a lot of ability, but he also played against sub par competition and had a horrible 2019 year. If he's at 13 I'd listen, but there's about 9 other guys I'd take first that might fall our way..(Brown, Jeudy, Simmons, Lamb, Okudah) Or one of the top OT's of Thomas, Willis, Wirfs or Becton.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It lying season. Teams are lying to try and get him to slide to them.

Yep......

They may also be covering base if Redskins draft Tua....... which I think might just happen

Or...... if someone else loves Tua and trades into spot.......

I think it’s probably a 75% chance that Tua is taken at 2, by Redskins or someone else

That would leave Herbert and Love that may be grabbed by any of 3 or 4 teams that have a need at QB that draft ahead of the Colts....

Bring on Kinlaw!

I wouldn't be shocked if all 4 QB's go before 13. 

Mixed feelings on that, leaning towards this team needs a long term future QB, but also realizing 4 QB's in round one aren't all going to pan out.

Jordan Love is the one I think I'm least interested in tbh. He reminds me of RG3 without some of the dynamic stuff.

4 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I mean first we heard that the Dolphins have wanted Tua since last year. Then the story was they’re more sold on Justin Herbert. Now all of a sudden it’s Love. Classic smoke signals IMO.

Honestly,  I dont think it is smoke signals.  A lot of rumours r generated by agents and reporters.  Look at Tannehil.  I doubt the Titans had any interest in Brady.

4 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

Yep......

They may also be covering base if Redskins draft Tua....... which I think might just happen

Or...... if someone else loves Tua and trades into spot.......

I think it’s probably a 75% chance that Tua is taken at 2, by Redskins or someone else

That would leave Herbert and Love that may be grabbed by any of 3 or 4 teams that have a need at QB that draft ahead of the Colts....

Bring on Kinlaw!

There is absolutely no way Redskins take Tua at #2.  If Tua was a generational talent then mayb I could see it.  He is not a  generational talent.  I dont even think he is a top 20 pick

26 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

There is absolutely no way Redskins take Tua at #2.  If Tua was a generational talent then mayb I could see it.  He is not a  generational talent.  I dont even think he is a top 20 pick

Wow.   Tua not a top 20 pick.....

I would like to put some $$$$$ on that with you

He is an upgrade over Haskins......  

we will have to agree to disagree

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Wow.   Tua not a top 20 pick.....

I would like to put some $$$$$ on that with you

He is an upgrade over Haskins......  

we will have to agree to disagree

When i said a top 20 pick, I did that because of his injury history, physical abilities and college tape.

One thing about the Dolphins to consider......   I believe Miami has THREE first round draft picks.   

That gives them tremendous flexibility for what they can do no matter which QB they may be interested in....

Just some food for thought.... 

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

One thing about the Dolphins to consider......   I believe Miami has THREE first round draft picks.   

That gives them tremendous flexibility for what they can do no matter which QB they may be interested in....

Just some food for thought.... 

They are in great shape heading in to the draft considering all the options they have.