Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Recommended Posts

With nothing going on in sports right now, I figured I'd make an updated Colts mock before Free Agency begins.

 

Trade - Indy trades 13th overall pick to Dallas for their 1st, 2nd, 4th round picks. 

 

Round 1 Pick 17 (DAL): Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina
Round 2 Pick 2: Justin Jefferson, WR, LSU
Round 2 Pick 12: Ezra Cleveland, OT, Boise State
Round 2 Pick 19 (DAL): Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU
Round 3 Pick 11: Jalen Hurts, QB, Oklahoma 
Round 4 Pick 16: Alton Robinson, DE, Syracuse 
Round 4 Pick 17 (DAL): Harrison Bryant, TE, Florida Atlantic
Round 5 Pick 14: Lamical Perine, RB, Florida 
Round 6 Pick 14: Shaadiq Charles, OG/T, LSU 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

With nothing going on in sports right now, I figured I'd make an updated Colts mock before Free Agency begins.

 

Trade - Indy trades 13th overall pick to Dallas for their 1st, 2nd, 4th round picks. 

 

Round 1 Pick 17 (DAL): Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina
Round 2 Pick 2: Justin Jefferson, WR, LSU
Round 2 Pick 12: Ezra Cleveland, OT, Boise State
Round 2 Pick 19 (DAL): Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU
Round 3 Pick 11: Jalen Hurts, QB, Oklahoma 
Round 4 Pick 16: Alton Robinson, DE, Syracuse 
Round 4 Pick 17 (DAL): Harrison Bryant, TE, Florida Atlantic
Round 5 Pick 14: Lamical Perine, RB, Florida 
Round 6 Pick 14: Shaadiq Charles, OG/T, LSU 

Do the trade numbers work for that trade? it seems like the trade value is not enough for a 4 place trade down and their 2nd and 4th 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fluke_33 said:

I’d be very happy with this.  Would the Indy paper headline say “Love Hurts

1 hour ago, Fluke_33 said:

I’d be very happy with this.  Would the Indy paper headline say “Love Hurts”?

Tua for the price of Gordon...It Hurts me to say it...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Kinlaw and Cleveland picks

 

I love Kinlaw, if he is still on the board. Cleveland appears to just need some development time and he could be our LT for the next few years

 

I also like Gordon 10x times better than Hurts.....

 

But..... the premise of the trade from THE CHART 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/draft/draft_trade_value.htm


Says that the Cowboy person that did this trade made a huge mistake

 

The Colts pick is worth 1150

The Cowboys pick is worth 950

The Cowboys 2nd is worth 390

The Cowboys 3rd is worth 180

The Cowboys 4th is worth 123

 

I don’t see the Cowboys giving up 1643 to get 1150

 

I HOPE they do...... but don’t see it

 

Per the math we could get the 3rd round pick

 

OR..... a 2nd next year and a 4th this year

(That sounds like CB)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's a little bit unrealistic, but I'd love it if it were paired with Carr or Rivers.

 

The more realistic trade would be 13 for 17 + 82 (3rd) + 123 (4th). The value for 13 is 1150, while the 17/82/123 is 1179 (-29pts or -2.46%). That said, teams give up more than they need to all the time, and it has to be "worth" it for the team approached to give up whatever might be there at 13. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, BProland85 said:

With nothing going on in sports right now, I figured I'd make an updated Colts mock before Free Agency begins.

 

Trade - Indy trades 13th overall pick to Dallas for their 1st, 2nd, 4th round picks. 

 

Round 1 Pick 17 (DAL): Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina
Round 2 Pick 2: Justin Jefferson, WR, LSU
Round 2 Pick 12: Ezra Cleveland, OT, Boise State
Round 2 Pick 19 (DAL): Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU
Round 3 Pick 11: Jalen Hurts, QB, Oklahoma 
Round 4 Pick 16: Alton Robinson, DE, Syracuse 
Round 4 Pick 17 (DAL): Harrison Bryant, TE, Florida Atlantic
Round 5 Pick 14: Lamical Perine, RB, Florida 
Round 6 Pick 14: Shaadiq Charles, OG/T, LSU 

My favorite mock all offseason. This would be fire. Hurts at 3 is a moderate risk, high reward. But the rest of the talent we get would be amazing. DT solved. WR solved, OT of the future solved. Receiving TE solved. Developmental QB solved. Excellent job. My biggest nitpick though is that I think Jefferson will be a 1st rounder. I think Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs, Shenault, Jefferson all go, with Mims as a 60ish percent chance of going as well, IMO. Either way we could still possibly walk away with Mims or Claypool with Jefferson gone, so not much has to change.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, aaron11 said:

That's extremely optimistic to think one of jacoby, hurts or Kelly are the answer.

For the price of a 3rd rounder that's not a big deal. Look at how much the rest of the roster will improve even if none of those QBs work out. Yes, we may be back here in 1-3 years needing a QB but our roster will probably still be in a good if not better spot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, funktacious2 said:

For the price of a 3rd rounder that's not a big deal. Look at how much the rest of the roster will improve even if none of those QBs work out. Yes, we may be back here in 1-3 years needing a QB but our roster will probably still be in a good if not better spot.

i think we would win more games with a better qb than d line.  dont see hurts being any better than kelly either 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i think we would win more games with a better qb than d line.  dont see hurts being any better than kelly either 

If that QB is above average and available at 13 I agree. But neither may be the case at 13. I'm on record on being happy with a number of outcomes, some which include taking a chance on Herbert or Love. But this route is safe and practical if other teams take Herbert and Love and we don't think they're worth trading up for. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2020 at 5:30 PM, MikeCurtis said:

I like Kinlaw and Cleveland picks

 

I love Kinlaw, if he is still on the board. Cleveland appears to just need some development time and he could be our LT for the next few years

 

I also like Gordon 10x times better than Hurts.....

 

But..... the premise of the trade from THE CHART 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/draft/draft_trade_value.htm


Says that the Cowboy person that did this trade made a huge mistake

 

The Colts pick is worth 1150

The Cowboys pick is worth 950

The Cowboys 2nd is worth 390

The Cowboys 3rd is worth 180

The Cowboys 4th is worth 123

 

I don’t see the Cowboys giving up 1643 to get 1150

 

I HOPE they do...... but don’t see it

 

Per the math we could get the 3rd round pick

 

OR..... a 2nd next year and a 4th this year

(That sounds like CB)

 

In the OP trade proposal, we wouldn't be getting the 3rd.  It said 1st, 2nd & 4th so it would only be 1463.  I am thinking Dallas would offer 1st, 3rd & 4th at best.  That would be Colts 1150 to Dallas 1253.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, LockeDown said:

Who is Dallas moving up for?

THIS......

 

I like Kinlaw, I like the out of the box thinking...... but....

 

To get the trade..... Dallas would REALLY have to like someone...

 

If they lose Cooper, I could see them moving up for Lamb....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, coltsfanmurf said:

 

In the OP trade proposal, we wouldn't be getting the 3rd.  It said 1st, 2nd & 4th so it would only be 1463.  I am thinking Dallas would offer 1st, 3rd & 4th at best.  That would be Colts 1150 to Dallas 1253.

Oops....

 

Sorry OP....

 

This math makes it closer......

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • That sounds good.    I would be fine with 6-8 pm and 9-11 pm ET with a 5 minute window for picks, so 16 picks should be done in 120 minutes. It would be like the real draft starting Day 3, where they get only 5 minutes between picks.     Would you have time around the beginning of April to help moderate this along with me? If it is a small window of time, it is a smaller time commitment on my front and yours, so I like this idea.   I can ask @NFLfan @csmopar and @danlhart87 again if they would be willing to make themselves available for those small windows of time thus giving us plenty of options. Let us bring this thread back up then.
    • First of all, I'd say bad fit for us. He's a 3-4 DE. In our system he'd be a tweener, or maybe even a 3T.  Great against the run, average vs the pass. Very solid 3 down guy overall in a 3-4.   IMO, even if he was a fit, we don't need run D help, and he'd be too expensive. Overall just not the benefit and value we need.    
    • Here's what we did on another board a few years ago. Worked out pretty good. 1 Round per evening 2 windows each night... picks 1-16, and then 17-32 (I think it was 7p-8p and 9-10, but could have been 8-9 and 10-11). That way, guys new pretty much when they needed to be there, and only needed to pay attention for roughly an hour per day. Really not even that long. Also gave the mods some time between windows to tidy up. 3 minute clock hence the "flash" term. If you miss a pick, you drop 5 spots (basically giving them an extra 15 minutes). If they missed it a second time, they get bumped to the end of the round and have up to an hour before the next days round starts. If they miss that, they get best player based on their primary needs.  We had 3 threads going at once, and 3 moderators. One thread for the pick announcements and general comments, one with a constantly updated order and big board, and one to manage trades. The big board management was great in terms of keeping it going and checking off who is gone. We also published team needs, but I can't remember if we tracked it except for using it when folks missed their window. Only trades allowed are pick for pick(s) so very little approval needed. No picks for existing players (We did the mock post FA fury, I think we started about 2 weeks prior to the draft).
    • I didn't say he could be as good as Leonard. I said pretty clearly that if Leonard was 95/100 That I think Oke's ceiling is about 86-90.    By in which I also added that any team would be alright that that level of play. I think you are misunderstanding. Because we both seem to agree that Oke will more than likely be a pretty darn good player. 
  • Members

    • Indyfan4life

      Indyfan4life 818

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Dogg63

      Dogg63 2,030

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Dunk

      Dunk 41

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • IndyD4U

      IndyD4U 714

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Fisticuffs111

      Fisticuffs111 1,988

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • joecolts

      joecolts 83

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • JlynRN

      JlynRN 289

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Flash7

      Flash7 1,107

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • danlhart87

      danlhart87 7,379

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • DynaMike

      DynaMike 33

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...