Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brooks New Mock - QBs Slide - Colts Choose None

3 minutes ago, twfish said:

yeaaaaa not sure we are going to draft a depth/developmental piece before serious needs.

Yeah with AC returning I just don't see this scenario for the Colts happening ... not like this anyway.  IF CB has no interest in any of the 1st round QBs I can see him trading back before I can see him taking Becton at #13.

I’ve thought a lot about this scenario, and it makes a lot of sense.  Ya don’t know when you’ll be in a position to draft a franchise LT again, and there are four good ones in this draft.  He can improve the line right now by starting at RT, and potentially pushing the weakest link into a depth role.  Given how bad our OL depth was last year, I see real value in this course of action.  Plus, if it helps us avoid reaching for a QB, I’m all in!  ;)

8 hours ago, Archer said:

I’ve thought a lot about this scenario, and it makes a lot of sense.  Ya don’t know when you’ll be in a position to draft a franchise LT again, and there are four good ones in this draft.  He can improve the line right now by starting at RT, and potentially pushing the weakest link into a depth role.  Given how bad our OL depth was last year, I see real value in this course of action.  Plus, if it helps us avoid reaching for a QB, I’m all in!  ;)

You also don’t know when you’ll be in position to draft a game changing DT or a #1 receiver.....or your next franchise QB. Each position also being one of greater need than OT at the moment. Gotta deal with your obvious weaknesses to get better. 

13 hours ago, twfish said:

Why? He is still a much better prospect then what Roquan Smith was and he went what 8th overall? A fast physical linebacker is highly coveted.

Idk about him being better than Roquan. The issue with Simmons is he can line up in a lot of positions and is great at them but maybe not masterful at any. Roquan was a pure linebacker. But I think Simmons gets a bump for a weaker linebacker class. 

While I'm personally not a fan of Becton, people need to stop acting like an OT in the first can't be an upgrade. With how important LT is, I feel like if we can draft a guy who can start at RT right away and develop, and have Smith kick inside and send Glowinski to a backup roll that that would be a win. It may not be my first choice, but it's definitely an option to maybe give us a sigh of relief on our future at LT.

14 hours ago, funktacious2 said:

While I'm personally not a fan of Becton, people need to stop acting like an OT in the first can't be an upgrade. With how important LT is, I feel like if we can draft a guy who can start at RT right away and develop, and have Smith kick inside and send Glowinski to a backup roll that that would be a win. It may not be my first choice, but it's definitely an option to maybe give us a sigh of relief on our future at LT.

I wouldn't  mind if he comes in and has a Nelson  like impact

On 3/11/2020 at 8:22 PM, Archer said:

And the better and more stable the O-line is, the less a magician the next QB will need to be.

Archived