Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rivers in Colts Blue

1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

What's your plan for starting QB?

We already have a starting QB with Brissett but something tells me your probably one of the those who ran out of the house in a panic mode buying up TP.  Save your money.  Draft a QB cheap like Hurts who can run with our OL and spend wisely in FA.  

Hurts isn't on the same level as Herbert or Love. 

Starting the year with Brissett wouldn't be smart. 

That TP comment was uncalled for and completely out of place.

Just now, AZColt11 said:

I think for a year, yeah.  Obviously not for the long haul.  Still need a game plan for 2021, whether that's this year or next.

Rivers 1 year 

Trade up for Love

That's the way I would do it

27 minutes ago, OhioColt said:

We already have a starting QB with Brissett but something tells me your probably one of the those who ran out of the house in a panic mode buying up TP.  Save your money.  Draft a QB cheap like Hurts who can run with our OL and spend wisely in FA.  

I don't agree but this is funny 

Personally I don't care for signing a QB who is in the twilight of their career. 

It's not that I dislike Rivers, I just prefer to go a different direction. 

If we are not going with Brissett then let's give Kelly a look see. 

I think Ballard should draft a QB just to cover the basses. 

If we are going to need a QB past this next season might as well draft the best QB at pick #13 this draft. 

19 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Personally I don't care for signing a QB who is in the twilight of their career. 

If we are going to need a QB past this next season might as well draft the best QB at pick #13 this draft. 

Carr would be my direction but it would take the #13 pick to trade for him. What do I know though. Everyone is guessing right now haha 

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Carr would be my direction but it would take the #13 pick to trade for him. What do I know though. Everyone is guessing right now haha 

Exactly. I highly doubt Ballard himself knows what he is going to do with all the different scenarios that will crop up between now and pick #13. 

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree on Carr but I do NOT think it would take a mid 1st rounder.  There is no recent precedent for this.  I think 2nd or later.  Plus they could always add in a player if they wanted.  But as you said, none of us really knows anything right now.

3 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

A 1 year deal would be fine to me. Anything past that is overkill. 

And we suppose you like to buy bulk paper plates use them one time and throw them away?  Again why waste 20M on Rivers when we can spend that same 20M on one or more players who can make an impact for at least three or more years.  Not a very sound judgement money wise.

Too many people trying to throw JB under the bus when it wasn’t all his fault.  Folks forget we had one of the best rushing attacks in a very long time probably since days of Edge or even Dickerson was here.  

With the CBA can draft a QB cheap on a dime for a few years and see what he has to offer.

10 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I've got the answer. We could have the forum version of the triplets. Bring back Mike Hart, Duron Carter and have Chad Kelly be QB.

1 hour ago, OhioColt said:

And we suppose you like to buy bulk paper plates use them one time and throw them away?  Again why waste 20M on Rivers when we can spend that same 20M on one or more players who can make an impact for at least three or more years.  Not a very sound judgement money wise.

Too many people trying to throw JB under the bus when it wasn’t all his fault.  Folks forget we had one of the best rushing attacks in a very long time probably since days of Edge or even Dickerson was here.  

With the CBA can draft a QB cheap on a dime for a few years and see what he has to offer.

Do you bring groceries into all your arguments?

Brissett started off well but spiraled out of control at the tail end of the season. Being the QB and the leader of this team most of the blame needs to be on his shoulders.

Don't bring up WRs being hurt because injuries happen to every single team.

1 hour ago, OhioColt said:

One of the best rushing attacks...and a passing game that couldn't take advantage.

With the CBA can draft a QB cheap on a dime for a few years and see what he has to offer.

They can...and will do this...but signing Rivers for a year or two really has no bearing on it.

Yeah, the Rivers question kind of depends on what we think we can actually get out him. If we think playoffs is real, then I don't think it's a bad idea. It seems more and more likely we can't draft someone who can come in and have a big impact right away. So you have to wonder where we are at with winning now. Now, I'll admit that I'm not as down on Brissett as others on here. Right now I'd prefer to stick with him and save the money for long term signings/re-signings. But if the team decides they want Rivers, then I'm okay with that. He is probably still an upgrade over Brissett at this point, but not sure if the money justifies the bump. I'm more team future than now, and since Rivers is out of the league in no more than two years, I'd prefer to invest elesewhere.

On 3/11/2020 at 12:14 AM, OhioColt said:

You either don't understand football or you have a losing mentality. Your kind of thinking is like the drafting of the Browns, Jags and Jets. Totally thrilled you are not the Colts GM.

On 3/11/2020 at 1:33 PM, cdgacoltsfan said:

I've got the answer. We could have the forum version of the triplets. Bring back Mike Hart, Duron Carter and have Chad Kelly be QB.

Your hatred of C. Kelly is astounding! Wondering what the man has done to you to create such hate. Hmm!!!!!!!!!!

14 hours ago, lincolndefan said:

You either don't understand football or you have a losing mentality. Your kind of thinking is like the drafting of the Browns, Jags and Jets. Totally thrilled you are not the Colts GM.

Interesting take but let's see the Browns drafted how many QBs in a short time-frame passing on better team talent for consecutive years.  We are already paying Brissett to play why sacrifice and cave in to pressure this year on a QB when we can target on next year or two with say Deshaun Watson.  After all Texans are not expected to have much cap space left so things might get interesting.

Since your are questioning my financial abilities to play arm chair GM and make business decisions I will be sending out an updated mock with FA picks you are more than welcome to dissect in all good fun soon.

2 hours ago, OhioColt said:

Interesting take but let's see the Browns drafted how many QBs in a short time-frame passing on better team talent for consecutive years.  We are already paying Brissett to play why sacrifice and cave in to pressure this year on a QB when we can target on next year or two with say Deshaun Watson.  After all Texans are not expected to have much cap space left so things might get interesting.

Since your are questioning my financial abilities to play arm chair GM and make business decisions I will be sending out an updated mock with FA picks you are more than welcome to dissect in all good fun soon.

O.K. fair enough but after reading all your posts, i seldom agree with your line of thinking. That's alright. It's what this forum is all about. By the way, your financial abilities and business decisions i have no clue and is none of my business. It's your play at arm chair GM is what i'm referring to. I give you kudos for your reaction to this. I thought maybe you would be responding to me loaded for bear. Therefore, peace go with you and thank you for your response.

19 minutes ago, lincolndefan said:

O.K. fair enough but after reading all your posts, i seldom agree with your line of thinking. That's alright. It's what this forum is all about. By the way, your financial abilities and business decisions i have no clue and is none of my business. It's your play at arm chair GM is what i'm referring to. I give you kudos for your reaction to this. I thought maybe you would be responding to me loaded for bear. Therefore, peace go with you and thank you for your response.

GM arm chair and financial dealings are detailed in another recent post combine FA/Draft that took me a while to post.  Albeit need a better trade system as one I used wasn’t ideal apparently.  Sorry to confuse fictional with reality.  Obviously different approaches and as you mention great exercises for us to openly discuss that the real FO personnel have to heavily weigh options each day.  Plan on keeping my day job as they say.  Most of us like to play Dr. T’s draft day picks for namely bragging rights yearly which is what most of these insightful exercises lead up to.

It's one thing if we hadn't seen the best of Rivers, and even then he couldn't win one.  I like the idea of Rivers in Indy, but my image of him is from a past no longer recoverable.  If Brissett has upside, then we're just hiring an expensive backup.  

On 3/15/2020 at 12:02 AM, BluHorzhu said:

It's one thing if we hadn't seen the best of Rivers, and even then he couldn't win one.  I like the idea of Rivers in Indy, but my image of him is from a past no longer recoverable.  If Brissett has upside, then we're just hiring an expensive backup.  

Just because Rivers hasn’t won the big one doesn’t mean he’s not a good quarterback or can’t win the big one now. The Chargers have been a largely inept organization for decent chunks of his career.

Archived