Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard already said he was coming back. From what I understand some teams are holding off finalizing extensions until the CBA is signed. It especially effects the one year contracts from what I understand. He is probably on vacation or something. I sure it will be official soon. Ballard is going to pay him what he wants and it shouldn’t be a very hard one to agree on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, The Oopty Oop said:

So anyone else starting to worry a little!? I mean this guaranteed thing is looking a little less for sure at the moment.

I still think they were waiting to see if the new CBA passed, which it did at noon today, I think you’ll start seeing the extensions rolling across the league now. Especially since the cap went up 10 million

1 hour ago, The Oopty Oop said:

So anyone else starting to worry a little!? I mean this guaranteed thing is looking a little less for sure at the moment.

This is why you don’t worry until the deadline because that’s when things get done.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• The cap going up is not more hope than reality. It will go up, just a question of how much. I'm fairly confident it will be enough to cover our top contracts. 
    • I think it does say something. If they didn't have faith in Oke, and truly thought Walker was the better player he would have resigned by now. More than likely Walker is playing for a different team next year. Also, I haven't heard anyone screaming about how linebacker is such a need. Okerke will do just fine at ILB, and the depth will fill in at SAM. Probably take another 4th rounder or so to replace Walker. 
    • He wasn’t very good last season. Was really hoping to see him build off his rookie season...but he didn’t take a step forward (probably even a step back).   He was still better than Walker though. So I assume they are letting Walker go regardless.   This will give Oke an opportunity next season to show he can be a long-term tandem to Leonard. If he repeats this past season...I think MLB moves up the big board dramatically for 2023. In the meantime, I think they will look for depth this offseason. 
    • I really doubt he gets 5M coming off an Achilles injury. 5M is top 15 pay. Peterson, Gore, and Bell all played for around 1M last year. IMO, 2M would be the most he'd get for the year. Maybe 3M if the Colts thought he was 100% and wanted to be nice.
    • This is ND -related (not 2020).   Louis Nix, 29 years old, found dead after being reported missing. RIP   https://www.nfl.com/news/louis-nix-former-nfl-defensive-tackle-dies-at-age-29  
  • Members

• jvan1973

jvan1973 5,331

• dew5150

dew5150 110

• yankeeclipper

yankeeclipper 110

• wig

wig 150

• stitches

stitches 8,009

• rock8591