Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Predict major Draft Day Trades

3 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Dolphins trade up to 2 for Tua

Broncos trade up to 11 for Ruggs

Colts trade up to 8 for Derrick Brown (copying you halfway @danlhart87)

Dolphins might have to throw the farm at Redskins cause rumors are swirl8ng they want Tua. 

Ruggs going that high wouldn't surprise me cause his 40. I bet he gets drafted before Lamb. 

If Colts trade up at all it will be for a QB that's it.

As bad as JB played, we were still only 2-3 games from the wildcard & the division.  We're not very far away.  I could easily see us go with Rivers & still trade with the Giants & move up to 4th for Love if he's there.  If the Giants want too much & Love gets taken by Chargers, I think we wait and hope to get Ruggs at 13.

Definitely still possible that we could trade up into the late top 10 to get Brown but that's only if Love is gone.  If both are gone, I think/hope Ruggs will be the pick.  Even over Kinlaw or Jeudy.

6 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Dolphins might have to throw the farm at Redskins cause rumors are swirl8ng they want Tua. 

Ruggs going that high wouldn't surprise me cause his 40. I bet he gets drafted before Lamb. 

If Colts trade up at all it will be for a QB that's it.

The Washington football club doesn't want Tua. They want the Dolphins to think that they want Tua. Everyone knows that Haskins was Dan Snyder's pick last year. The coaching staff may want Tua, but there is no way that Snyder is going to give up on Haskins with less than a season's worth of games played. I'm not saying a trade to 2 won't happen because Miami has the draft capital to easily pull it off, but it won't be because they think the Washington Football Club want Tua.

If the Redskins pass on Chase Young you can bet two things will be true. First, Chase will be an All Pro and a dominate DE for 10 years. And two, who ever the Redskins get in return will bust and be out of the NFL within 5 years.

17 hours ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

The Washington football club doesn't want Tua. They want the Dolphins to think that they want Tua. Everyone knows that Haskins was Dan Snyder's pick last year. The coaching staff may want Tua, but there is no way that Snyder is going to give up on Haskins with less than a season's worth of games played. I'm not saying a trade to 2 won't happen because Miami has the draft capital to easily pull it off, but it won't be because they think the Washington Football Club want Tua.

Hail to the Redskins....

36 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Hail to the Washington Football Club....

That looks better. Not sure why you would quote me to say what you did other than to troll me because I called them the Washington Football Club. For myself, I have come to the conclusion that I will try not to use the nickname of the Washington Football Club because I feel like it is a racial slur. Not trying to force my viewpoint on anyone else but it is just something I feel for myself is the right thing to do. Not that isn't hard to stop using their  nickname after years of doing so, but for myself that is a word I would like to eliminate from my vocabulary. 

22 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

As bad as JB played, we were still only 2-3 games from the wildcard & the division.  We're not very far away.  I could easily see us go with Rivers & still trade with the Giants & move up to 4th for Love if he's there.  If the Giants want too much & Love gets taken by Chargers, I think we wait and hope to get Ruggs at 13.

Definitely still possible that we could trade up into the late top 10 to get Brown but that's only if Love is gone.  If both are gone, I think/hope Ruggs will be the pick.  Even over Kinlaw or Jeudy.

Trade up to 4th for Love? Hardest pass. And I've been an advocate for trading up for a QB if they are enamored by the guy. But that is way to high for Love. Herbert and Tua maybe. 

9 hours ago, TheMose said:

Trade up to 4th for Love? Hardest pass. And I've been an advocate for trading up for a QB if they are enamored by the guy. But that is way to high for Love. Herbert and Tua maybe. 

The momentum has shifted.  Many experts think that Love will go before Herbert and be the 3rd QB taken.  And that depends on how Tua looks at his pro day.  If he's looking hindered in any way because of the hip, Love could jump up to being the 2nd QB taken.

I like Love over Herbert.  So I hope you're right and the Chargers go with Herbert at 6.  I just have this feeling that the Dolphins, Chargers, and Panthers could all be in play for a QB.  Either via selection for themselves or trade with Raiders or Bucs.

Raiders can offer the 12th & 19th, which trumps anything we could offer.  So I think if Ballard really sees potential greatness in Love, he'll have to do what it takes to get him.  And that's not wait for picks 5,6, & 7 like most assume the QB'S will go.  Sneak in at 4 and get his man.

We're not very far off from the playoffs.  Bring in Rivers (or stick with JB) as a bridge/mentor for Love.  Address some depth areas via draft and free agency and run it back next year.  I think Ballard's  gonna try to follow that KC model.

4 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

The momentum has shifted.  Many experts think that Love will go before Herbert and be the 3rd QB taken.  And that depends on how Tua looks at his pro day.  If he's looking hindered in any way because of the hip, Love could jump up to being the 2nd QB taken.

I like Love over Herbert.  So I hope you're right and the Chargers go with Herbert at 6.  I just have this feeling that the Dolphins, Chargers, and Panthers could all be in play for a QB.  Either via selection for themselves or trade with Raiders or Bucs.

Raiders can offer the 12th & 19th, which trumps anything we could offer.  So I think if Ballard really sees potential greatness in Love, he'll have to do what it takes to get him.  And that's not wait for picks 5,6, & 7 like most assume the QB'S will go.  Sneak in at 4 and get his man.

We're not very far off from the playoffs.  Bring in Rivers (or stick with JB) as a bridge/mentor for Love.  Address some depth areas via draft and free agency and run it back next year.  I think Ballard's  gonna try to follow that KC model.

What I have learned is most of these so called experts are not really experts at all. 

The General managers are the real experts and they all have different agendas to fill and none of them can be called experts at the end of the day. 

It takes at least 2 to 3 years for the finale results of a draft to be known. 

Too much expectations are given to the first round picks IMO. The majority of players in the NFL are from lower round picks so they are just as important than any first round picks in the bigger picture. 

9 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

No, I definitely get all that. Like I said, I've been an advocate for it and still am but there is a certain point where it gets too rich for my blood. And 4 is a pricey pricey cost to pay. I'm not that enamored by Love but I'm also not an expert so who knows. If Ballard did make that move, I would be excited still because that means Ballard, who I trust almost completely, found a guy that's worth going against the grain for.

I also don't think the Panthers are in play for a QB, I see them rolling with Cam and seeing what they have in Grier first.

12 hours ago, TheMose said:

No, I definitely get all that. Like I said, I've been an advocate for it and still am but there is a certain point where it gets too rich for my blood. And 4 is a pricey pricey cost to pay. I'm not that enamored by Love but I'm also not an expert so who knows. If Ballard did make that move, I would be excited still because that means Ballard, who I trust almost completely, found a guy that's worth going against the grain for.

I also don't think the Panthers are in play for a QB, I see them rolling with Cam and seeing what they have in Grier first.

I understand your way of thinking completely.  Moving up that high may be too much for CB.  I've been giving the Carolina taking or not taking a QB some thought.  New Coach Rhule got a crazy long deal. So he's probably in no rush to do anything.  So I can see them rolling with the other QB's (not Cam) and looking to address their QB issue next year.

The things that make me think they could go QB this year is the hiring of LSU's "passing game coordinator).  After seeing what he did with Burrow in 1 year, makes me wonder what he could do with a more talented guy in Love?  Also do they want to waste another year of CMC's prime by giving him a crazy amount of touches in a hopeless season?

11 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

I understand your way of thinking completely.  Moving up that high may be too much for CB.  I've been giving the Carolina taking or not taking a QB some thought.  New Coach Rhule got a crazy long deal. So he's probably in no rush to do anything.  So I can see them rolling with the other QB's (not Cam) and looking to address their QB issue next year.

The things that make me think they could go QB this year is the hiring of LSU's "passing game coordinator).  After seeing what he did with Burrow in 1 year, makes me wonder what he could do with a more talented guy in Love?  Also do they want to waste another year of CMC's prime by giving him a crazy amount of touches in a hopeless season?

Very good points. I guess it comes down to if they think Cam can stay healthy and still compete at a high(ish) level. The QB draft game is a dangerous one to get sucked into too early. Look at Arizona and Washington. Arizona already wasted a high pick on Rosen and Washington is at least considering abandoning the Haskins project (I don't think they will). So who knows if the Panthers get enticed by the now of the QB class, its been known to happen before. 

• 1 month later...

Archived