Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can Reich & Siranni develop/Turnaround these QBs.  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Which QBs do you think Reich & Siranni could develop/Turnaround into legit starter?

• Jacoby Brissett
    • Derek Carr
    • Chad Kelly
    • Jordan Love
    • Jalen Hurts
    • Anthony Gordon
    • James Morgan
    • Marcus Mariota

So there is a lot of talk of how perfect a situation the Colts are for a QB. This is centered around Reich and Siranni. So the question I have is does Colts nation have faith in them to tutor and develop/Turnaround a QB?

Can Reich develop/Turnaround these QBs. 

3 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

So there is a lot of talk of how perfect a situation the Colts are for a QB. This is centered around Reich and Siranni. So the question I have is does Colts nation have faith in them to tutor and develop/Turnaround a QB?

You’re describing the Colts situation as....   perfect?

Perfect?    Seriously?

I think we’re a long, LONG way from a perfect situation.   Not even a little.  

3 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

while there isn’t a perfect situation, we do have a good one for a new QB. Great Offensive line, good run game, offensive minded Head coach who used to be a QB. You really can’t ask for to much more to help a young QB develop

• Like 1

I voted for literally every one of them except Jacoby, lol. In the wise words of Hank Hill, "That boy ain't right." We have a better chance with Phillip Walker as our QB than Jacoby.

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Perfect?    Seriously?

We have to address the WR and the TE position before we can expect any QB to be whispered to. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
On 3/7/2020 at 11:03 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Perfect?    Seriously?

I don't think we are a long way off.  The O-line is amazing.   The running game is very good and Hines hasn't been use to his potential.   But it would only be close to perfect if they draft WR and TE positions.  Also fix their D-line. 

• Like 1

Can someone tell me why Jordan love has all this hype?  I don’t watch a ton of college

football but his int/td ratio isn’t pretty. He looks like a turnover machine. Do people

think that’s actually going to improve when he gets to the nfl??!!

Based on what I’ve seen of him I am totally against wasting a high pick on him (Rounds 1-3)) but admittedly I don’t know a whole lot about him so I’m still sort of open minded if someone can convince me that he will be good.

If any Jordan love fans are out there maybe you can tell me why he would be a good pick ?  Thanks.  

• Like 3
42 minutes ago, Trace Pyott said:

Can someone tell me why Jordan love has all this hype?  I don’t watch a ton of college

football but his int/td ratio isn’t pretty. He looks like a turnover machine. Do people

think that’s actually going to improve when he gets to the nfl??!!

Based on what I’ve seen of him I am totally against wasting a high pick on him (Rounds 1-3)) but admittedly I don’t know a whole lot about him so I’m still sort of open minded if someone can convince me that he will be good.

If any Jordan love fans are out there maybe you can tell me why he would be a good pick ?  Thanks.  

I'm in the same boat.   I looked at his stuff a month or 2 ago.   Game videos and stats.  He reminded my of Haskins.   But. like you, I can admit I didn't catch any of his games last year so I could be off.   A couple months ago, people were predicting he would be available in the second round.  I wouldn't be upset if the Colts drafted him because many people who know more than me like him.  I just need to be sold.

PROS: Checks the boxes in terms of size and body composition. Good mobility and athleticism; capable of extending plays with his feet, hitting throws on the move and taking off with the ball in his hands. Sound mechanically and can hit throws from a variety of arm slots. Over the top release that is lighting quick. Does well to follow through and get his legs involved on throws. Love how he hangs in the pocket and keeps his eyes down the field. Willing to test leverage advantages in man coverage and slot throws between zones. Aware of his outlets. Has the arm talent to make any throw. Has some impressive moments of ball placement to all levels. 

CONS: Needs to improve his field vision and awareness. Often fails to recognize or completely disregards coverage rotations and it doesn’t have a great enough impact on his decision making. He throws some careless, YOLO balls that need to be reduced. While there is a lot to like about his willingness to be patient and stay in the pocket, his internal clock is often tardy. Can be aggressive vertically to fault. Has to find more consistency with timing and progressions. Has general accuracy with plenty of misfires. 

BEST TRAIT - Physical Gifts

WORST TRAIT - Decision Making

Jordan Love isn’t without his warts but he possesses a high-level physical skill set and peaks on tape that reveal the ceiling of a potential dynamic NFL starting quarterback. His arm talent and mobility is perfect for the trends of today’s NFL and there is no limitations to what he can do on the field. The full playbook is open for Love and then some. With that said, he does need to make notable strides in several key areas including decision-making, timing and accuracy to achieve his ceiling. An early investment in Love is a bet on yourself to be able to develop his overall game but his upside is worth the calculated risk. 

Watching some tape on Herbert and Love, Love has the better arm for the deep ball. Other than that, I don't see lot's of pro traits from Love. Throw out the Int's, that's not the issue- 8 were flukey plays. The problem is he's all college game. Minimal D reading, no audibles I saw, no adjusting line assignments at LOS, doesn't play under center ect. It's all college stuff. Herbert doesn't have Love's arm, but it's not far off and does the other details pretty well. I'm not eager to bring up Luck, but Herbert's game is in that mold, while not as polished. 

I don't see Reich re-making guys who are well into their career, I do see him being interested in coaching up a Rookie. Herbert might be able to do it. I kind of think Love has too much to overcome by way of learning the rest of the job. Obviously I could be totally wrong and don't pretend to know, just tossing out what I thought I saw.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Watching some tape on Herbert and Love, Love has the better arm for the deep ball. Other than that, I don't see lot's of pro traits from Love. Throw out the Int's, that's not the issue- 8 were flukey plays. The problem is he's all college game. Minimal D reading, no audibles I saw, no adjusting line assignments at LOS, doesn't play under center ect. It's all college stuff. Herbert doesn't have Love's arm, but it's not far off and does the other details pretty well. I'm not eager to bring up Luck, but Herbert's game is in that mold, while not as polished. 

I don't see Reich re-making guys who are well into their career, I do see him being interested in coaching up a Rookie. Herbert might be able to do it. I kind of think Love has too much to overcome by way of learning the rest of the job. Obviously I could be totally wrong and don't pretend to know, just tossing out what I thought I saw.

I saw similar play but I will also admit I'm not real familiar with him.

3 hours ago, Myles said:

I don't think we are a long way off.  The O-line is amazing.   The running game is very good and Hines hasn't been use to his potential.   But it would only be close to perfect if they draft WR and TE positions.  Also fix their D-line. 

Look again at what I responded too.   Not our overall situation.   No. 

The OP said our situation for getting a quarterback.   At 13, we will likely have to trade draft picks to move up.   Not ideal.    

Or, we have to sign a FA QB.   And while that class is large,  each QB has their own unique set of problems.  And those problems make each candidate less than ideal. 

That’s what I mean when I say our situation is far from ideal. 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Look again at what I responded too.   Not our overall situation.   No. 

The OP said our situation for getting a quarterback.   At 13, we will likely have to trade draft picks to move up.   Not ideal.    

Or, we have to sign a FA QB.   And while that class is large,  each QB has their own unique set of problems.  And those problems make each candidate less than ideal. 

That’s what I mean when I say our situation is far from ideal. 

Gotcha.   I thought he meant the Colts team is nearly perfect for a QB to come into.  Not many teams have a great O-line for a QB to come into.  Or a HC who has positive QB history.   If I was a QB, the great O-line in Indy would make it a better choice than the Bears, Jets or Chargers.   

20 hours ago, superrep1967 said:

None of the above Justine Herbert

Justine Herbert?

Is that who Reich will 'whisper' to as the thread title suggests?

Will he whisper like sweet nothings... or secrets, or whatever?

:peek:

10 hours ago, Myles said:

I'm in the same boat.   I looked at his stuff a month or 2 ago.   Game videos and stats.  He reminded my of Haskins.   But. like you, I can admit I didn't catch any of his games last year so I could be off.   A couple months ago, people were predicting he would be available in the second round.  I wouldn't be upset if the Colts drafted him because many people who know more than me like him.  I just need to be sold.

PROS: Checks the boxes in terms of size and body composition. Good mobility and athleticism; capable of extending plays with his feet, hitting throws on the move and taking off with the ball in his hands. Sound mechanically and can hit throws from a variety of arm slots. Over the top release that is lighting quick. Does well to follow through and get his legs involved on throws. Love how he hangs in the pocket and keeps his eyes down the field. Willing to test leverage advantages in man coverage and slot throws between zones. Aware of his outlets. Has the arm talent to make any throw. Has some impressive moments of ball placement to all levels. 

CONS: Needs to improve his field vision and awareness. Often fails to recognize or completely disregards coverage rotations and it doesn’t have a great enough impact on his decision making. He throws some careless, YOLO balls that need to be reduced. While there is a lot to like about his willingness to be patient and stay in the pocket, his internal clock is often tardy. Can be aggressive vertically to fault. Has to find more consistency with timing and progressions. Has general accuracy with plenty of misfires. 

Jordan Love isn’t without his warts but he possesses a high-level physical skill set and peaks on tape that reveal the ceiling of a potential dynamic NFL starting quarterback. His arm talent and mobility is perfect for the trends of today’s NFL and there is no limitations to what he can do on the field. The full playbook is open for Love and then some. With that said, he does need to make notable strides in several key areas including decision-making, timing and accuracy to achieve his ceiling. An early investment in Love is a bet on yourself to be able to develop his overall game but his upside is worth the calculated risk. 

That reads like a coach-killer. Many coaches/GMs have fallen in love with physical traits. 

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Myles said:

Great.  Thats what i want from my qbs.  Great athlete who makes bad decisions. If he was a rb with those traits,  I would draft him.  Not my franchise qb.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Great.  Thats what i want from my qbs.  Great athlete who makes bad decisions. If he was a rb with those traits,  I would draft him.  Not my franchise qb.

guess who they are talking about below in this draft profile....

WEAKNESSES

Can be inconsistent in his approach. Needs to play inside the offense and show more discipline. Too eager to go big game hunting. Ravenous appetite for the explosive play can also bring unwanted trouble. Willingness to default to playground style appears to limit his ability to get into a consistent rhythm. Needs to improve anticipatory reads and learn to take what the defense gives him. Decision making can go from good to bad in a moment's notice. Operates from a narrow base and allows his upper body and arm to race ahead of his feet. Has a dip and wind-up in his standard release. Explosive delivery and follow-through causes some throws to sail. Needs better touch on intermediate and deep balls. Carries ball a little low in the pocket. Impatient. Will leave pocket prematurely rather than standing in and winning in rhythm. Better as a scrambler than pure runner. Looked a little less mobile in the open field this season.

Mahomes...

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

guess who they are talking about below in this draft profile....

Mahomes...

Mahommes went to hall of fame coach.  Best play maker and most dangerous player in thr NFL, Hill.  Arguably best TE in football.  Way different circumstances

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Myles said:
19 hours ago, Myles said:

Thanks for the info Myles.  Yah I dunno if I want to put our teams future all in on such a risky player, but I guess we got to gamble sometime and all draft picks are somewhat gambles. I really wish we were drafting in the top 3 this year I think tua is going to be good.   

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Colt.45 said:

That reads like a coach-killer. Many coaches/GMs have fallen in love with physical traits. 

In 1990, Colts traded AllPro OT Chris Hinton, Starting WR Andre Risen, and two draft picks for the right to draft Jeff George, mostly because of his showing at the Combine.  Raiders took Jamarcus Russell reportedly because he threw a ball 75 yards while on his knees. Neither won championships.

On 3/7/2020 at 11:22 PM, ojsglove said:

Cut J.B., sign Rivers, move CK up to learn from Rivers, Hoyer to P.S.  PERFECT.

You should probably look around the league and see how many practice squads have 13 year vets on them. 

I’d say that should be your first clue, but somehow I doubt you’ll make the connection. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 3/7/2020 at 7:38 PM, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

I think Carr is already a legitimate starter.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, John Waylon said:

You should probably look around the league and see how many practice squads have 13 year vets on them. 

I’d say that should be your first clue, but somehow I doubt you’ll make the connection. 

Maybe you would be so kind as to enlighten me of the connection you speak of, and how it would impact this team?

10 hours ago, hoosierhawk said:

I think Carr is already a legitimate starter.

I have never been a huge fan of Carr because I have never thought he was very good or great. I never thought he was on Luck's level either. Having said that he is above average at worse and good at times and I think he would be a perfect fit here in Indy with the O.Line we have. He will be only 29 entering the season as well. We can build around him IMO. If we get a defense that is solid, we can win a lot of games with Carr. In 2016 he was playing great at times actually and was talked about in the MVP convo. It was only 1 year but still he can ball at times! Raiders went 12-4 that year. Last season he threw for 4000 yards/21 TD's/only 8 INT's. What I would do is, is trade the #13 pick for him (Raiders may do that), draft a 3Tech at #34 and take a WR at #44. At #75 take another D.Lineman or a CB.

6 hours ago, ojsglove said:

Maybe you would be so kind as to enlighten me of the connection you speak of, and how it would impact this team?

jeff goldblum help GIF

Any player that has accrued more than two seasons on the 53 man roster is ineligible to go on the practice squad. 

Hoyer is entering his 12th, meaning he has 11 seasons on a 53 man roster. 

The latest calculations suggest that 11 is more than 2, which, if true, would mean that Hoyer can’t go on the practice squad. 

Just in case the connections were still a little weak...

• Like 1
On 3/11/2020 at 7:04 AM, John Waylon said:

jeff goldblum help GIF

Any player that has accrued more than two seasons on the 53 man roster is ineligible to go on the practice squad. 

Hoyer is entering his 12th, meaning he has 11 seasons on a 53 man roster. 

The latest calculations suggest that 11 is more than 2, which, if true, would mean that Hoyer can’t go on the practice squad. 

Just in case the connections were still a little weak...

You are absolutely correct sir, therefore he adds zero value to this team.

Get Carr, Let Chad Kelly compete and learn . Hoyer should retire on his own. As for Riech trying to whisper Jacoby into playing better, it will not happen. Everyone has seen his best versus his worst. A blind squirrel sometimes finds a nut but he will not raise a family. 

FWIW,  cut Hoyer,  draft a mid 2nd round qb for development and let CK &JB battle it out for the starting job. Personally I think CK would easily beat out JB for the starting position and become the Colts franchise qb.