Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Just asking

ColtJax

9 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

Does anyone think Luck would "think" about coming back if it was at San Francisco? He's from that area, and they seem to want to move on from Jimmy G..

Way to use #171 .   Good on you for that

1 hour ago, ColtJax said:

Does anyone think Luck would "think" about coming back if it was at San Francisco? He's from that area, and they seem to want to move on from Jimmy G..

Not sure there's any sign from San Francisco that they're ready to move on from Jimmy G.   I think their GM, John Lynch recently said so.

I think the Jimmy G stories are mostly media driven.   And they center around one bad pass.

And I don't think Luck is interested in SF.    Yes,  he likes it,  but he also really, really likes Indy.   That's why he and his wife and baby live here even after retirement.   He likes the city,  the people.   It's quiet and people let him be.   He's happy to stop for pictures and an autograph.   But he's not looking for a bigger city.     Indy suits him just fine.

6 hours ago, CR91 said:

Sure for 5 first round picks

At this point, I’d absolutely let him go for 2 first round picks. Him sitting on the shelf doing nothing nets us nothing and if he were honestly wanting to play but only on the west coast, yep, I’d trade him. I don’t think I’d ever be able to trust he wouldn’t play for 2 seasons and decide to quit again. 

Isn’t he from Texas?  Or Germany?   I know he went to school in Cali but I haven’t heard him show any other affinity for that area.  

if there is any chance he returns I want it to be here.  He makes any team a contender. 

4 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

Isn’t he from Texas?  Or Germany?   I know he went to school in Cali but I haven’t heard him show any other affinity for that area.  

if there is any chance he returns I want it to be here.  He makes any team a contender. 

He went to HS in Houston

4 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

Born in DC, moved to UK(GS), then to Germany (GS), then TX (for HS), then Cali (college), then Indy. Might have spent time in WV between DC and UK, but I can't remember. 

I am surprised at how few Luck rumors there have been, but it's Indianapolis.  If it were an east coast team, there would be a rumor a day, especially after something like Irsay's press conference, revealing Luck had dinner with both Frank and Ballard.

As far as a trade goes, I'm sure teams have at least inquired.

He went to Stanford and he is a cerebral kind of guy.  However,  I think the issue with Andrew is not playing elsewhere. It is a question if he really wants to play. As of now I think he is comfortable as a non-player. Perhaps, he gets the bug to play and dons the helmet in Indy or  we trade him elsewhere. We win in either scenario. If he unretires and plays for the Colts he makes us a contender. If we trade him we stockpile some picks and that should make us better as well. For now my money says he stays retired.

On 3/7/2020 at 1:38 PM, #12. said:

I am surprised at how few Luck rumors there have been, but it's Indianapolis.  If it were an east coast team, there would be a rumor a day, especially after something like Irsay's press conference, revealing Luck had dinner with both Frank and Ballard.

As far as a trade goes, I'm sure teams have at least inquired.

Nobody else is stupid enough to think hes coming back.

17 minutes ago, midwest said:

Nobody else is stupid enough to think hes coming back.

It doesn't matter if he's coming back or not.  That's not the point.  Throwing out rumors, scenarios, etc., gets clicks.  In another market, there would be stories left and right.  Even knowing Indianapolis, I'm surprised we haven't seen more.  Maybe that's good, maybe it's not.  Hell, after Irsay's press conference, revealing Luck had dinner with both Reich and Ballard not a single member of the local media did any digging into it.  Florio was the only person who asked a single question about it.

10 hours ago, #12. said:

It doesn't matter if he's coming back or not.  That's not the point.  Throwing out rumors, scenarios, etc., gets clicks.  In another market, there would be stories left and right.  Even knowing Indianapolis, I'm surprised we haven't seen more.  Maybe that's good, maybe it's not.  Hell, after Irsay's press conference, revealing Luck had dinner with both Reich and Ballard not a single member of the local media did any digging into it.  Florio was the only person who asked a single question about it.

Hoosier Hospitality. People here have, in large part, left the Luck’s alone and that’s why they like it here/still live here. 

Archived