Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bucs the favorite to land Bridgewater

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

Best case scenario??????  No that would be if the Dolphins Signed Winston and Chargers signed Brady and let Tua fall .  I assume the news is good because they wont try and trade ahead of us.  

6 minutes ago, WifiGuy said:

Best case scenario??????  No that would be if the Dolphins Signed Winston and Chargers signed Brady and let Tua fall .  I assume the news is good because they wont try and trade ahead of us.  

Winston going to the chargers is best case scenario.

17 minutes ago, WifiGuy said:

Not sure why you love Tua so much? He is an injury away from being done. He had a severe hip injury and has had injuries to his feet as well. A hip injury is one of the worst injuries you can have. An average person in real life is lucky if they can walk right after a severe hip injury. I wouldn't touch Tua with a 10 foot pole. He will be lucky if he lasts a whole season in the NFL. Regarding Herbert, he is way too laid back for my taste and will be the new piano man taking over for his buddy Harrington in Oregon dramatic drama GIF. Burrow is the best QB in this draft easily but because he will get drafted by the Bengals he will look an average QB. Love is the 2nd best QB in this draft. 

6 minutes ago, WifiGuy said:

Sorry I edited before you posted .  I added more

I'm not looking back anymore. Ready for someone fresh and new. Need to start a new era. 

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

Yea I know. Just adding to it

But don't you dare imply Santa isn't real. 

26 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I'm not looking back anymore. Ready for someone fresh and new. Need to start a new era. 

But don't you dare imply Santa isn't real. 

Harbaugh era = good because of 1995 and 1996 - made playoffs both years. 1995 was priceless as we should've been in the SB. We basically gave away the 1995 AFC Title Game.

Peyton era = great because we won a SB in 2006 and also was 89-23 in the regular season from 2003-2009.

Luck era = very good, 4 10 + win seasons (all playoff teams) and a AFC Title Game appearance in 2014.

Who will be the QB of the new era to carry the torch? 

Winston is the real wildcard here. Would a team like the chargers consider him? Would the titans move on with him and let tannehill go? What about the patriots? Even the colts might look into him.  The chances of him going to a QB needy team ahead of us  is probably pretty slim.

I doubt he will get a contact with very many years. A team would be stupid. I consider Winston on a two year nothing more. He would be very entertaining. Reich could reign him in. 

15 minutes ago, chad72 said:

RIP Mike Evans fantasy with check down Charlie coming in. Chris Godwin should benefit.

Yep, the Bucs might want to find a very good RB to compensate for the loss of passing yards with Teddy. 

19 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Winston is the real wildcard here. Would a team like the chargers consider him? Would the titans move on with him and let tannehill go? What about the patriots? Even the colts might look into him.  The chances of him going to a QB needy team ahead of us  is probably pretty slim.

I doubt he will get a contact with very many years. A team would be stupid. I consider Winston on a two year nothing more. He would be very entertaining. Reich could reign him in. 

Winston could surprise folks if he goes to the right team/system. Arians has a system that encourages risk (no risk it, no biscuit), and if JW goes to a more conservative and controlled O, he could look more like the JW of 2013 (40 TDs / 10 INTs). 

15 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Winston could surprise folks if he goes to the right team/system. Arians has a system that encourages risk (no risk it, no biscuit), and if JW goes to a more conservative and controlled O, he could look more like the JW of 2013 (40 TDs / 10 INTs). 

Plus he just turned 26. IF it worked he could be the guy the next ten years. Everyone is worried about his past but he seems to have grew up and been a model citizen. He is getting married soon and has like a one year old. He seems to do a lot for the community I’d you look at his IG and twitter. I don’t think character would be a issue. He is also tough as nails. He played through a torn meniscus and a broken thumb. You would get a young guy who should be through all the rookie struggles.

I wouldn’t give him a long term contract. He would still need to earn that. So if a team would offer that he probably would be off the colts radar. He would be entertaining.

29 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Thats the reason I dont see this happening.  Love to Bucs or Eason sure .  Love is a one read wonder and Eason has the cannon

42 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Plus he just turned 26. IF it worked he could be the guy the next ten years. Everyone is worried about his past but he seems to have grew up and been a model citizen. He is getting married soon and has like a one year old. He seems to do a lot for the community I’d you look at his IG and twitter. I don’t think character would be a issue. He is also tough as nails. He played through a torn meniscus and a broken thumb. You would get a young guy who should be through all the rookie struggles.

I wouldn’t give him a long term contract. He would still need to earn that. So if a team would offer that he probably would be off the colts radar. He would be entertaining.

I've never liked him because I hate FSU, and because some of his behavioral issues, but I'm beyond that now to be honest. Seems like he's chilled, works hard, and is a good team mate by all accounts. It'll be interesting to see what happens. Wouldn't be shocked if he did really well somewhere else, or he could crash and burn too.

29 minutes ago, WifiGuy said:

Thats the reason I dont see this happening.  Love to Bucs or Eason sure .  Love is a one read wonder and Eason has the cannon

Love only had one read last year.... and he was grad transfer that couldn't start at Utah in 4 years.

No way!  In Bleacher Report today Chris Roling thinks Bridgewater is the perfect fit for the Colts. He's not sold on Rivers to the Colts.  Why?  Because he doesn't think Ballard will spend the money it would take to sign Rivers short term especially with his age being 38.  In his opinion Bridgewater would be the most likely fit due to his age and still potential upside and his price would be lower.  He thinks Rivers to the Bucs to sling it out with Ariens is more likely.  Rivers is the hot talk with the Colts no doubt but Bridgewater might be the sleeper flying under the radar.  We will know soon enough.  

19 hours ago, WifiGuy said:

Luck coming out of retirement would be the best scenario 

on top of that thing you said . HA

And you are still waiting for Luck to return? I wouldn't want him. Injuries, mentally not checked in and committed like the rest of the team. Luck won't push for greatness at this point, anyone who thinks different is crazy. He went through how many injuries, retired, now we supposed to believe that he want a ring more than Brees, Mahomes, Wilson, Brady, Rodgers? Not gonna happen.

2 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

And you are still waiting for Luck to return? I wouldn't want him. Injuries, mentally not checked in and committed like the rest of the team. Luck won't push for greatness at this point, anyone who thinks different is crazy. He went through how many injuries, retired, now we supposed to believe that he want a ring more than Brees, Mahomes, Wilson, Brady, Rodgers? Not gonna happen.

Didn't say I thought it would happen .  Said it was best case scenario 

4 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Not really convinced it would be at this point though 

You're probably right . I just remember Luck asking for a yr off to rehab and Ballard said no   Probably * him off

Agree .  He's not coming back

On 3/5/2020 at 7:19 PM, EastStreet said:

Thought it was ( no risk it, No crab claws ) for "Famous Jameis".

30 minutes ago, WifiGuy said:

You're probably right . I just remember Luck asking for a yr off to rehab and Ballard said no   Probably * him off

Agree .  He's not coming back

Has that rumor about Luck wanting a year off to rehab ever been confirmed?   I don’t think so.

I think it's still just a rumor. 

Put another way:   It doesn’t sound like the kind of thing Luck would do.....

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Has that rumor about Luck wanting a year off to rehab ever been confirmed?   I don’t think so.

I think it's still just a rumor. 

Put another way:   It doesn’t sound like the kind of thing Luck would do.....

I'd have to go back and find it, but you are probably correct .  Just false info.    He wanted to go to Hawaii and rehab .    But that seemed like a way for him to be around for the birth of his daughter too

11 minutes ago, WifiGuy said:

I'd have to go back and find it, but you are probably correct .  Just false info.    He wanted to go to Hawaii and rehab .    But that seemed like a way for him to be around for the birth of his daughter too

I think the Hawaii rehab is part of the rumor machine.   It just doesn’t sound like the kind of thing Luck would do or say.

Im not 100 percent ruling it out — these are strange times were living in — but it just feels so unlike the Andrew Luck I’ve followed since high school. 

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think the Hawaii rehab is part of the rumor machine.   It just doesn’t sound like the kind of thing Luck would do or say.

Im not 100 percent ruling it out — these are strange times were living in — but it just feels so unlike the Andrew Luck I’ve followed since high school. 

So totally possibe I was wrong...it happens.   But this article says the exact opposite .    May have been something I heard on a radio show somewhere and misunderstood .  My bad

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/content/2019-08-29-colts-head-coach-gm-reportedly-tried-to-convince-andrew-luck-to-go-on-ir/

Archived