Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Get to know Justin Herbert

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I highly doubt Ballard will want to pay the price to move up to get him. JMO. 

Depends on how things fall. I could absolutely see it going down like 

Burrow - Bengals

Tua - Miami

Love - Chargers

that leaves us jumping to 8 for Herbert.

Idk something in my gut just really tells me a team is going to fall in love with Love's ceiling and take him before Herbert. I also really have a gut feeling that Herbert is actually CB guy.

Shotgun style QB with first round bust written all over him.  Good luck to the coaching staff that has to work years getting him comfortable working under center and trying to make him a franchise QB.

We are paying Brissett too much money to play second fiddle to a head case QB that boldly claimed he needed help adjusting to NFL style of play.  Bad enough the FO conveniences Vinatieri out of retiring mid season after he held a press conference initially wanting to retire because he was mentally lost.  Injuries to both our DBs and WRs didn't help our W:L but to blame all this on Brissett as the sole reasoning why we need to draft a QB in R1 is nonsense imo.

He seems like a really smart and mature young man. The type you would feel great about being the face of your franchise when it comes to his off-field persona. He will likely never embarrass your organization. 

Now the question is - can he be a high level QB in the league? I personally would be happy to have him as our QB of the future(and maybe even of the present). 

2 hours ago, OhioColt said:

Shotgun style QB with first round bust written all over him.  Good luck to the coaching staff that has to work years getting him comfortable working under center and trying to make him a franchise QB.

We are paying Brissett too much money to play second fiddle to a head case QB that boldly claimed he needed help adjusting to NFL style of play.  Bad enough the FO conveniences Vinatieri out of retiring mid season after he held a press conference initially wanting to retire because he was mentally lost.  Injuries to both our DBs and WRs didn't help our W:L but to blame all this on Brissett as the sole reasoning why we need to draft a QB in R1 is nonsense imo.

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, OhioColt said:

You do realize NFL offenses are more out of the shotgun then under center right? In fact you can say that about a lot of college QBs so what's your point

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

You do realize NFL offenses are more out of the shotgun then under center right? In fact you can say that about a lot of college QBs so what's your point

Point was it came of Herbert’s own mouth and lack of  own confidence.  

Personally I am not sold on this whole idea that we are in dire need to replace Brissett.  FO was to blame for talking Vinatieri out of retirement mid-season and cost the team a win or two.  Injury bugs hit our WR and DBs forcing our offensive to be more a running team than passing.  Now did Brissett leave our WRs out to hang and get injured with bad passes?  Idk 

11 minutes ago, OhioColt said:

Point was it came of Herbert’s own mouth and lack of  own confidence.  

Personally I am not sold on this whole idea that we are in dire need to replace Brissett.  FO was to blame for talking Vinatieri out of retirement mid-season and cost the team a win or two.  Injury bugs hit our WR and DBs forcing our offensive to be more a running team than passing.  Now did Brissett leave our WRs out to hang and get injured with bad passes?  Idk 

So you rather he be full of himself like Love saying he's the next Mahomes instead of being humble about there are things in his game he'd like to improve

8 hours ago, OhioColt said:

So if AV made a few more kicks last year, you would be cool with a QB that can't read a Defense and is good for about 185 yards a game?  Cool.

8 hours ago, OhioColt said:

A lot of college QB don’t work under center. It’s not that big of a deal to learn it in the nfl. Most of these QB have probably been working on it since their college seasons ended.

33 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t put much into the comparison because Love’s talent around him was so bad. Herberts fourth quarter numbers are very good and what you want your QB in to be in the fourth quarter. 

It was more to show Herbert's number, but they are being compared to see who goes before each other

17 hours ago, OhioColt said:

Oregon ran the majority of their offense out of the pistol for the last two seasons, not shotgun. But I wouldn't expect someone who makes judgment without watching to know that. 

1 hour ago, wig said:

Oregon ran the majority of their offense out of the pistol for the last two seasons, not shotgun. But I wouldn't expect someone who makes judgment without watching to know that. 

Really don’t care.  Most folks here clearly been used to Manning and Luck being passers and us not known as a running team.  Would it be nice if we had thrown for 1-2k more yards at great odds of less team rushing yardage...sure why not.   We haven’t been a dominant run team since Edge was here.  Overall I thought we played well to our strengths as an offense.  

I get it.  I do.  Some here think we really need a QB change and others do not.  We have one of the best OL in the league and used that to our advantage and ran the ball mixed with a few pass plays.  Since we have Pro-draft QB fan base would be curious what our actual team stats were of run vs pass plays were last season.  Doubt was 50:50 split.  Venture to guess closer to 65:35 run to pass ratio.  

When Luck retired the team clearly panicked and over paid JB imo.  Is the talk about adding a QB either in FA or draft just a smoke screen?  Guess we will find out in a couple of months.  Temper your expectations but don’t be too disappointed when we don’t go after a QB this year.  We got other problems that need addressed first and foremost that should help boost both of our lines.  JB passing stats this season should improve as evidence the last time he took over as starter when he had better healthy team mates to throw to.

55 minutes ago, OhioColt said:

Really don’t care.  Most folks here clearly been used to Manning and Luck being passers and us not known as a running team.  Would it be nice if we had thrown for 1-2k more yards at great odds of less team rushing yardage...sure why not.   We haven’t been a dominant run team since Edge was here.  Overall I thought we played well to our strengths as an offense.  

I get it.  I do.  Some here think we really need a QB change and others do not.  We have one of the best OL in the league and used that to our advantage and ran the ball mixed with a few pass plays.  Since we have Pro-draft QB fan base would be curious what our actual team stats were of run vs pass plays were last season.  Doubt was 50:50 split.  Venture to guess closer to 65:35 run to pass ratio.  

When Luck retired the team clearly panicked and over paid JB imo.  Is the talk about adding a QB either in FA or draft just a smoke screen?  Guess we will find out in a couple of months.  Temper your expectations but don’t be too disappointed when we don’t go after a QB this year.  We got other problems that need addressed first and foremost that should help boost both of our lines.  JB passing stats this season should improve as evidence the last time he took over as starter when he had better healthy team mates to throw to.

Panicked!   Goodness gracious, where does this come from?

The elected to re-do JB’s contract.  We had leverage and we still re-did the deal.   Why?   Because it was the right thing to do.   We didn’t have to, we wanted to.   No panic.   We were trying to send the right message to the locker room that JB was the starting QB and we had faith in him.   It’s a message for the whole locker room.   If you out-perform your contract we will reward you.  We gave Moore and Sanchez new contracts a year early to reward them for high level play.

This front office does not panic.  It’s a smart,  forward thinking group.   It rewards players who deserve it.  We gave JB a contract that averages $15 mill per.  Hardly a big contract for a starting QB.   It hasn’t worked out as we had hoped but the contract is not a problem for the Colts. 

@NewColtsFan Thank you.  About time someone validates what I have been saying with a in-house club mentality on why JB got paid to play.  Finally we are a running team and not a passing team and we still have faith in JB for one more year.  Glad you also think our FO is a smart, forward thinking group.  Hopefully smart enough to not draft a QB in R1 this year and seriously think about what it will take to get Trevor Lawrence from Clemson next year.  

2 hours ago, OhioColt said:

@NewColtsFan Thank you.  About time someone validates what I have been saying with a in-house club mentality on why JB got paid to play.  Finally we are a running team and not a passing team and we still have faith in JB for one more year.  Glad you also think our FO is a smart, forward thinking group.  Hopefully smart enough to not draft a QB in R1 this year and seriously think about what it will take to get Trevor Lawrence from Clemson next year.  

I think you know what it takes to get Trevor next year.  Lose more games than everybody else. 

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Just watched the video. Ok will he be playing andrew luck GIF or will he be monkey piano GIF?

I’ve been wondering why the monkey playing the piano and then I recently heard that Herbert looked up to Harrington when asked which QB he like growing up. I didn’t know that. 

Archived