Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Recommended Posts

1995 was a great season.  A team that overachieved and nearly went to the super bowl.  One play away.  
 

Do you think there will be some celebration this year?  25 year reunion or some recognition?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

awesome year.

Captain Comeback. Let'r rip. Harbaugh, Marchibroda, Faulk, Zach Crockett. GOOSE! Jeff Herrod, Coryatt, Will Wolford, Tony Bennett.

man. every week was a roller coaster and great game. I was actually at the wild-card playoff win against the Chargers when Crockett went OFF. That was a great team.

here's something people don't remember. we lost in the AFC championship game to the Steelers on the lost Hail Mary. Steelers went to the Super bowl and lost to the Jimmy Johnson Cowboys.

but, the next year, that same 95 squad won their first four games and BEAT the Cowboys. finished 9-7 again but lost to the Steelers again.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Gigc said:

awesome year.

Captain Comeback. Let'r rip. Harbaugh, Marchibroda, Faulk, Zach Crockett. GOOSE! Jeff Herrod, Coryatt, Will Wolford, Tony Bennett.

man. every week was a roller coaster and great game. I was actually at the wild-card playoff win against the Chargers when Crockett went OFF. That was a great team.

here's something people don't remember. we lost in the AFC championship game to the Steelers on the lost Hail Mary. Steelers went to the Super bowl and lost to the Jimmy Johnson Cowboys.

but, the next year, that same 95 squad won their first four games and BEAT the Cowboys. finished 9-7 again but lost to the Steelers again.

 

Every fan from that era remembers that.    Marshall being hurt sucked,   but Zach Crockett had a hell of a game.   Aaron Bailey almost got us there.    Oh well.   Fond memories none the less

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Along with the Hail Mary, I remember the dropped INT by Quinten Coryatt. If I remember correctly, that int would have put us in a great position to win the game.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

And Warren getting tripped up on his way to a seemingly easy first down that would have sealed the win. Ala Big Ben with the shoestring tackle after the Bus' fumble. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Crush22 said:

And what's his name from the Steelers getting a touchdown after he ran out of bounds.

 

That was the difference in the game IMO.  Had they had replay, that TD would have been taken away.  Still makes me mad!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can still see those 3 plays in my head:

 

dropped Hail Mary 

coryatt’s missed int 

lamont Warren getting tripped by shoestring 

 

what a run that year. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

Along with the Hail Mary, I remember the dropped INT by Quinten Coryatt. If I remember correctly, that int would have put us in a great position to win the game.

yeah, other than the Hail Mary, there were two really big plays that could have swung the game our way. one was coryatt dropping the interception that actually hit him square in the chest. 

the other involve RB lamont warren. we had a third (i think) and short that if we had converted would have let us run the clock. Warren had a big hole, but was JUST clipped on his heel and we fell short. 

damn

oh yeah, and the Kordell Stewart TD. AGGHHHH.

still feel it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I recall several games from that year. I wasn't on the boat as a fan at that time. But this was the first time in my life that the Indy iteration of the team was relevant (boy howdy, they weren't) and it was a fun underdog story to follow.

Link to post
Share on other sites

People always remember that dropped hail mary but what I always thought was even bigger was the last touchdown the Steelers scored. The reciever step out of bounds right in front of the official  then caught the TD pass and it wasn't called. To me, that was why the Colts lost that game.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

 

That was the difference in the game IMO.  Had they had replay, that TD would have been taken away.  Still makes me mad!

Completely agree.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, buccolts said:

And Warren getting tripped up on his way to a seemingly easy first down that would have sealed the win. Ala Big Ben with the shoestring tackle after the Bus' fumble. 

If only Marshall played.  He makes that first down no doubt.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

What is also lost is the play before the hail mary Harbaugh scrambled and had his facemask pulled which was never called. Instead of 1 play from the 30 they would have had 2-3 plays from the 15 with 1 timeout. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, coltsorioles said:

What is also lost is the play before the hail mary Harbaugh scrambled and had his facemask pulled which was never called. Instead of 1 play from the 30 they would have had 2-3 plays from the 15 with 1 timeout. 

Now i want to watch it again but i had it on vhs and have no idea where those are now.  They should sell old games either on dvd or streaming.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

Now i want to watch it again but i had it on vhs and have no idea where those are now.  They should sell old games either on dvd or streaming.  

 

NFL

6.39M subscribers

 

In honor of Free Game Friday the NFL presents the Steelers 2005 AFC Divisional Playoff upset of the Colts.

Length-1:55:06

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

 

NFL

6.39M subscribers

 

In honor of Free Game Friday the NFL presents the Steelers 2005 AFC Divisional Playoff upset of the Colts.

Length-1:55:06

 

Here's a game I wouldn't mind forgetting. A top 3 aggravating loss in my fandom life.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...