Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fluke_33

awesome year.

Captain Comeback. Let'r rip. Harbaugh, Marchibroda, Faulk, Zach Crockett. GOOSE! Jeff Herrod, Coryatt, Will Wolford, Tony Bennett.

man. every week was a roller coaster and great game. I was actually at the wild-card playoff win against the Chargers when Crockett went OFF. That was a great team.

here's something people don't remember. we lost in the AFC championship game to the Steelers on the lost Hail Mary. Steelers went to the Super bowl and lost to the Jimmy Johnson Cowboys.

but, the next year, that same 95 squad won their first four games and BEAT the Cowboys. finished 9-7 again but lost to the Steelers again.

43 minutes ago, Gigc said:

awesome year.

Captain Comeback. Let'r rip. Harbaugh, Marchibroda, Faulk, Zach Crockett. GOOSE! Jeff Herrod, Coryatt, Will Wolford, Tony Bennett.

man. every week was a roller coaster and great game. I was actually at the wild-card playoff win against the Chargers when Crockett went OFF. That was a great team.

here's something people don't remember. we lost in the AFC championship game to the Steelers on the lost Hail Mary. Steelers went to the Super bowl and lost to the Jimmy Johnson Cowboys.

but, the next year, that same 95 squad won their first four games and BEAT the Cowboys. finished 9-7 again but lost to the Steelers again.

Every fan from that era remembers that.    Marshall being hurt sucked,   but Zach Crockett had a hell of a game.   Aaron Bailey almost got us there.    Oh well.   Fond memories none the less

3 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

Along with the Hail Mary, I remember the dropped INT by Quinten Coryatt. If I remember correctly, that int would have put us in a great position to win the game.

yeah, other than the Hail Mary, there were two really big plays that could have swung the game our way. one was coryatt dropping the interception that actually hit him square in the chest. 

the other involve RB lamont warren. we had a third (i think) and short that if we had converted would have let us run the clock. Warren had a big hole, but was JUST clipped on his heel and we fell short. 

damn

oh yeah, and the Kordell Stewart TD. AGGHHHH.

still feel it.

I recall several games from that year. I wasn't on the boat as a fan at that time. But this was the first time in my life that the Indy iteration of the team was relevant (boy howdy, they weren't) and it was a fun underdog story to follow.

People always remember that dropped hail mary but what I always thought was even bigger was the last touchdown the Steelers scored. The reciever step out of bounds right in front of the official  then caught the TD pass and it wasn't called. To me, that was why the Colts lost that game.

9 hours ago, buccolts said:

And Warren getting tripped up on his way to a seemingly easy first down that would have sealed the win. Ala Big Ben with the shoestring tackle after the Bus' fumble. 

If only Marshall played.  He makes that first down no doubt.  

3 hours ago, coltsorioles said:

What is also lost is the play before the hail mary Harbaugh scrambled and had his facemask pulled which was never called. Instead of 1 play from the 30 they would have had 2-3 plays from the 15 with 1 timeout. 

Now i want to watch it again but i had it on vhs and have no idea where those are now.  They should sell old games either on dvd or streaming.  

15 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

Now i want to watch it again but i had it on vhs and have no idea where those are now.  They should sell old games either on dvd or streaming.  

NFL

6.39M subscribers

In honor of Free Game Friday the NFL presents the Steelers 2005 AFC Divisional Playoff upset of the Colts.

Length-1:55:06

53 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

NFL

6.39M subscribers

In honor of Free Game Friday the NFL presents the Steelers 2005 AFC Divisional Playoff upset of the Colts.

Length-1:55:06

Here's a game I wouldn't mind forgetting. A top 3 aggravating loss in my fandom life.

Archived