Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Broncos trade for Cornerback A J Bouye

chad72

It's funny I was thinking again this afternoon about the Colts QB situation and I started to rethink the idea of the Colts trading for Foles and doing a similar Osweiller deal.  Then I decide to return to the computer to check in to see what's going on and here is the Jaguar Bouye trade.  The first thing I think of is maybe this is the start of the Jags making some moves and maybe Foles could be next.  Then I decided to listen again to Reich talk about Foles with Florio on PFT at the combine and I started to think this just might happen.  I don't know if it will but the Colts would be one of the teams that could swing such a trade.  Of course you would have to get by the division thing but if they really want to move on the Jags just might do it.  Looks like this trade could be the start of teams making moves before FA.   YES. 

20 hours ago, richard pallo said:

It's funny I was thinking again this afternoon about the Colts QB situation and I started to rethink the idea of the Colts trading for Foles and doing a similar Osweiller deal.  Then I decide to return to the computer to check in to see what's going on and here is the Jaguar Bouye trade.  The first thing I think of is maybe this is the start of the Jags making some moves and maybe Foles could be next.  Then I decided to listen again to Reich talk about Foles with Florio on PFT at the combine and I started to think this just might happen.  I don't know if it will but the Colts would be one of the teams that could swing such a trade.  Of course you would have to get by the division thing but if they really want to move on the Jags just might do it.  Looks like this trade could be the start of teams making moves before FA.   YES. 

If they don't have much high regard for Foles maybe they think they would be screwing over a division foe by making the trade.  And keep us from looking at a better option whether it be draft of FA.   I would guess they would rather face Foles 2 times a yr over Carr or Rivers 

Just me thinking out loud 

4 minutes ago, WifiGuy said:

If they don't have much high regard for Foles maybe they think they would be screwing over a division foe by making the trade.  And keep us from looking at a better option whether it be draft of FA.   I would guess they would rather face Foles 2 times a yr over Carr or Rivers 

Just me thinking out loud 

yeah this is a weird situation.  they probably know hes an upgrade to jacboy, and we have money and picks to pursue better options than either 

Foles has ties to the team too though, and he did well under reich in philly.  we could offer little to nothing for him  and if they pass then leave them with their cap problems 

On 3/4/2020 at 12:56 PM, aaron11 said:

yeah this is a weird situation.  they probably know hes an upgrade to jacboy, and we have money and picks to pursue better options than either 

Foles has ties to the team too though, and he did well under reich in philly.  we could offer little to nothing for him  and if they pass then leave them with their cap problems 

Not only does Foles have ties to Reich but he also has ties to Ballard.  Ballard helped resurrect his career by signing him as a backup in Kansas City.  Granted he probably only looked at him because of Foles' connection to Andy Reid but still.

Archived