Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Within reason...What does the Colts Big Board (Top 12) look like at this point?

Burrow

Tua

Herbert

Love

Chase Young

Jeff Okudah

Isaiah Simmons

Jeudy

Lamb

Wills

Wirfs

Kinlaw

Brown

Thomas

This is 14 which only comes to show how deep with great talent this draft is. This class is SO GOOD in the first 15 or so picks... I love it. Even if we don't pick a QB(which I want, we will come out of this one with hell of a prospect IMO)... (unless we trade back)

12 minutes ago, stitches said:

Burrow

Tua

Herbert

Love

Chase Young

Jeff Okudah

Isaiah Simmons

Jeudy

Lamb

Wills

Wirfs

Kinlaw

Brown

Thomas

This is 14 which only comes to show how deep with great talent this draft is. This class is SO GOOD in the first 15 or so picks... I love it. Even if we don't pick a QB(which I want, we will come out of this one with hell of a prospect IMO)... (unless we trade back)

I still would love to see them draft whomever at 13, and then trade 34+44 to get back in around 16ish to grab another legit player. 

20 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I still would love to see them draft whomever at 13, and then trade 34+44 to get back in around 16ish to grab another legit player. 

I kind of feel like... there are very few players(and positions) that are worth this. QB? Maybe LT? Jeudy/Lamb/Ruggs if they fall?

9 minutes ago, stitches said:

I kind of feel like... there are very few players(and positions) that are worth this. QB? Maybe LT? Jeudy/Lamb/Ruggs if they fall?

I think ultimately some falls outside of the top 15 or 20, that was thought to be a top 10 guy. Happens almost every year. My dream scenario is Love + Kinlaw, but I know it's unlikely. I would not be surprised to see an OT or WR fall though.

1 hour ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I'm not sure I can take seriously.  Burrow and Young not in the top 12?   You did say "within reason," right?

Draft day...Do you think either of those are realistic opportunities for the Colts? I don’t... So they are not on my board. 

19 minutes ago, FalseStart said:

Draft day...Do you think either of those are realistic opportunities for the Colts? I don’t... So they are not on my board. 

You said top 12 on the Colts board.  If an unexpected drop happens, then it happens.  But top 12 is top 12.

Just misleading title is all.  Maybe top 12 guys the Colts have a realistic shot at getting?

25 minutes ago, FalseStart said:

I would think that the Colts Big Board would have almost all the prospects ranked, including Burrow and Young.  The only ones that wouldn't be on their board are those they took off their board due to things like off field issues or medical issues.

Big board is how they have players graded.  Not a wish list so here would be my guess.

1.  Young

2.  Brown

3.  Burrow

4.  Okudah

5.  Simmons

6   Bechton

7.  Tua

8.  Kinlaw

9.  Lamb

10. Jeudy

11. Wirfs

12  Wills

Great topic.  

I’d also like to know how many players are on their big board this year.   Last year Ballard said it was like 75 players and the year before was something like 45.   I buy these magazines that have 300 listed.   

there are definitely other attributes that Ballard considers highly  that removes players from his board despite their height weight and production and view by media and fans.  

Top 12 but NOT in order.

4 QBs:  Burrow, Tua, Herbert, Love

0 RBs:

2 OLs:   Bechton, Wirfs

2 WRs:  Juedy, Lamb

0 TEs: 

2 DTs:  Brown, Kinlaw

0 DEs: 

1 LBs:  Simmons

1 CBs:  Akudah

0 DBs:  

8 offensive and 4 defensive.

Could another OL or two make the cut?  Sure.  But I would think this would be pretty close. 

IMHO the Colts big board isn't set yet.  I doubt it will even be set until after FA is over.  I think Ballard takes things one at a time, and next up is FA.  After that initial couple of weeks is over and all of the pro days are over, THEN he will get with all of the scouts and personnel to determine the big board.  And I don't have a CLUE as to what that will look like right now.

2 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

IMHO the Colts big board isn't set yet.  I doubt it will even be set until after FA is over.  I think Ballard takes things one at a time, and next up is FA.  After that initial couple of weeks is over and all of the pro days are over, THEN he will get with all of the scouts and personnel to determine the big board.  And I don't have a CLUE as to what that will look like right now.

well neither do we  and once its all said and done we will still be scratching our heads.   But he'll be right and we will be wrong once again hahaha

2 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

You’re mostly correct.   There is a board now, but it is NOT set.    It is set AFTER the pro days.

Ballard and his scouts watch tape on every player THREE times.   The first time is AFTER the Senior bowl and other all-star games.   The second time is AFTER the Combine and the third time is AFTER the pro days which ends the first week of April.  
So the viewings are in early Feb, early March and early April. 

And the board is set roughly two weeks before the draft which is in late April.

Hope this helps. 

On 3/3/2020 at 10:57 AM, EastStreet said:

I think ultimately some falls outside of the top 15 or 20, that was thought to be a top 10 guy. Happens almost every year. My dream scenario is Love + Kinlaw, but I know it's unlikely. I would not be surprised to see an OT or WR fall though.

U should listen to GM Shuffle podcast hosted by Lombardi.  I think u  may fall out of love with Love.

12 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

U should listen to GM Shuffle podcast hosted by Lombardi.  I think u  may fall out of love with Love.

The same Lombardi who called Pederson the least talented coach he's ever known,,,,,, the season he went on to win the Super Bowl?

42 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

The same Lombardi who called Pederson the least talented coach he's ever known,,,,,, the season he went on to win the Super Bowl?

Everyone has hits and misses.I  U should listen to it then get back  to me.  Its not a Love bashing, he looks at all the rookie abs and sheds some light on it.

44 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Oh and u do recall that most people on this board and even media people were giving Reich credit for the Eagles success when they struggled this year!?!?

10 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Everyone has hits and misses.I  U should listen to it then get back  to me.  Its not a Love bashing, he looks at all the rookie abs and sheds some light on it.

Happy to listen to it. got a link? 

BTW, it's not that I think Love is the perfect prospect, it's that I think he has the ceiling and tools to be very good. He could also bust, like just about every prospect every year. I also think he clearly has more upside than JB. 

10 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Oh and u do recall that most people on this board and even media people were giving Reich credit for the Eagles success when they struggled this year!?!?

Reich didn't even call the plays in Philly. Not saying he should or shouldn't get credit, but the fact is, OC duties were split. Maybe it was more one guy than the other, maybe it was simply a great combination of the two. We also saw several head scratchers from Reich, so jury is still out on him. One thing is for sure, Indy has not had close to the level of creativity that Philly had.

18 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

You’re mostly correct.   There is a board now, but it is NOT set.    It is set AFTER the pro days.

Ballard and his scouts watch tape on every player THREE times.   The first time is AFTER the Senior bowl and other all-star games.   The second time is AFTER the Combine and the third time is AFTER the pro days which ends the first week of April.  
So the viewings are in early Feb, early March and early April. 

And the board is set roughly two weeks before the draft which is in late April.

Hope this helps. 

Not bad for guessing huh?

10 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Happy to listen to it. got a link? 

BTW, it's not that I think Love is the perfect prospect, it's that I think he has the ceiling and tools to be very good. He could also bust, like just about every prospect every year. I also think he clearly has more upside than JB. 

Reich didn't even call the plays in Philly. Not saying he should or shouldn't get credit, but the fact is, OC duties were split. Maybe it was more one guy than the other, maybe it was simply a great combination of the two. We also saw several head scratchers from Reich, so jury is still out on him. One thing is for sure, Indy has not had close to the level of creativity that Philly had.

I dont have a link.  I tried to copy it into this conversation  but was not  successful.  Down load Podbean...then the show GM shuffle.  It is one on the few shows I listen to.

Archived