Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Four players you deem are worth trading up for

Herbert is who I would give up measurable capital for. 

If Wirfs was sitting there at 9, 10, or 11 and we only had to give up a 4th, I'd make that trade.  

Can't win in this league without a LT.  No matter what kind of qb you have, gunslinger or game manager, you always need a stud LT.

18 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Tua

Herbert

Love

Brown

Basically, if Ballard overwhelmingly feels one of the other 3 QBs is his guy, you get him. You don't settle for QBs, this isn't Madden. Other than that, you move up for Derrick Brown. He is the Quenton Nelson of DT's, and Kinlaw has knee tendonitis. Easy decision there if you love him and he's there when the Panthers pick.

Nelson was a generational prospect.  Brown is good but not generational

7 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

I sure wish we could come have come out of this draft with Ruggs & Love.  Love's meteoric rise up the draft boards has made that an impossibility.  If we stay put and Love is gone I'd like to see us draft Ruggs at 13.  He is a physical freak of nature.  Wouldn't shock me at all if he ends up being the best receiver from this draft class and this is one of the most stacked receiver classes ever.

Metoric rise?  

Don't trade up if we keep JB. If not then maybe Love. I'd rather get a FA QB tho. I think the Colts are in a great spot to get talent with the picks Ballard has picked up. Saying all that tho if they love Judy I wouldn't hate it. But, there are so many WR's this draft. Just target Mims in the second round maybe.

4 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Metoric rise?  

Yeah.  He was projected to be a late first or early 2nd round pick at the most.  Now some are saying he could be the 2nd QB taken behind Burrow if Tua's medical doesn't come back clean.

19 hours ago, OhioColt said:

Not overvaluing Brissett.  Am just not putting a premium on R1 QBs for us to draft.  Too many WRs in this draft class   that will force players to drop but make other rise.  After the combine expect a few R2 DTs to go in R1 now.  Do we really want to skip on a chance to pick a top DT in R1 again especially for a QB that probably isn’t much better than Brissett?

You're either overvaluing Brissett or undervaluing these QB prospects. I'll take a gamble on a QB I like this year over a DT. We lost a few games last year because of the QB position, can't say we lost any because of the DT position. 

9 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

Yeah.  He was projected to be a late first or early 2nd round pick at the most.  Now some are saying he could be the 2nd QB taken behind Burrow if Tua's medical doesn't come back clean.

Who projected him as a second round pick and now possibly top 10?

The Giants did it last year when they moved up for Jones.  It’ll be a nice bookend when we trade with them and move up to 4th for Love...

Ballard has wanted this guy for years.  He’s gonna be “his” guy.  The Franchise QB.

Don’t be surprised if JB, who actually has a connection with the Giants organization, is included in the trade. He’d make a great backup for Jones. 

10 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

The Giants did it last year when they moved up for Jones.  It’ll be a nice bookend when we trade with them and move up to 4th for Love...

Ballard has wanted this guy for years.  He’s gonna be “his” guy.  The Franchise QB.

Don’t be surprised if JB, who actually has a connection with the Giants organization, is included in the trade. He’d make a great backup for Jones. 

What is the connection between JB and the Giants?

We need at least 3 starters and 2 very good backups to compete for the playoffs this year. We need : DE, 3tech DT, and WR to start. We need TE, QB and OT as backups. Free agency may help but Ballard builds the team mostly from drafts.

On 3/3/2020 at 11:36 AM, OhioColt said:

Not overvaluing Brissett.  Am just not putting a premium on R1 QBs for us to draft.  Too many WRs in this draft class   that will force players to drop but make other rise.  After the combine expect a few R2 DTs to go in R1 now.  Do we really want to skip on a chance to pick a top DT in R1 again especially for a QB that probably isn’t much better than Brissett?

I think tua and Herbert will be much better

8 hours ago, TheMose said:

You're either overvaluing Brissett or undervaluing these QB prospects. I'll take a gamble on a QB I like this year over a DT. We lost a few games last year because of the QB position, can't say we lost any because of the DT position. 

You obviously didn’t hear CB talk about the need to get better at the 3 tech. Says that 3 tech is what makes the defense go. We definitely need to find a dominant 3 tech to significantly improve our defense. DT/QB resolution is 1A/B imho. With AC saying he is coming back, we have time to groom a 2-4 round OT now. WR, we still have options on the team providing we get a competent QB. TE is a need but not first round need. RB is above avg on the team. 

first pick is either the QB of the future or a DT. I say DT from this group if I’m choosing. 

16 hours ago, Jdubu said:

You obviously didn’t hear CB talk about the need to get better at the 3 tech. Says that 3 tech is what makes the defense go. We definitely need to find a dominant 3 tech to significantly improve our defense. DT/QB resolution is 1A/B imho. With AC saying he is coming back, we have time to groom a 2-4 round OT now. WR, we still have options on the team providing we get a competent QB. TE is a need but not first round need. RB is above avg on the team. 

first pick is either the QB of the future or a DT. I say DT from this group if I’m choosing. 

I definitely see the value of a quality DT but its still nothing compared to the value of a QB. And while we do need to address the DT position this offseason, I feel good about grabbing one in the second or in free agency. Can't say the same about QB unless we trade for Carr or somehow Love falls to the 2nd. For OT, I don't even see a need to draft one to groom this year, maybe for depth. WR, this draft is stacked so we need to cash in on that opportunity. TE, I'm fine with rolling with Doyle and maybe grab a back up later in the draft or free agency. RB, no additions needed. 

Archived