Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Four players you deem are worth trading up for


Recommended Posts

Ok. So here is the deal. It is fairly common out there in draft talk land...that Joe Burrow and Chase Young are going 1 and 2 in this draft. So assuming that is true, and for this excercise, they are off the board.

 

So, pick the four players that YOU feel are worth trading up for from the 13 spot. No trades, no trade value convo's, just players. From slot #3 to slot #12, name your 4 players that you will be excited that the Colts spent draft capital on. 

 

Mine :

 

Isaiah Simmons

Tristan Wirfs

Javon Kinlaw

Jedrick Wills

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I am skeptical of Tagovailoa with his injury.

Fair. But the last I heard was he was expected to be medically cleared soon and we can see how his pro day shakes up. So I'm more of an optimist that there won't be any setbacks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tua

Herbert

Simmons

Okudah

 

Tua and Herbert are the only QBs I would even consider moving up for, and Simmons and Okudah are both defenders that will help take the defense to the next level. 
 

I’m sure many will say Love, but I would barely even start to think about taking him at 13, so using draft capital to move up for him would be a mistake, and if he’s gone by 13, then so be it. He isn’t worth it

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, funktacious2 said:

Fair. But the last I heard was he was expected to be medically cleared soon and we can see how his pro day shakes up. So I'm more of an optimist that there won't be any setbacks. 

He has also had surgery on both ankles. He holds the ball a long time trying to make a play. He isn’t as athletic as Love or Herbert either. With us playing on that hard turf and his history with injuries I would pass.

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The only players worth trading up for are Herbert and Love. When you have no QB trading up for any other  position in my mind is worthless. If we were set at QB then we could talk about other positions.

Love, herbert, Simmons, brown

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

He has also had surgery on both ankles. He holds the ball a long time trying to make a play. He isn’t as athletic as Love or Herbert either. With us playing on that hard turf and his history with injuries I would pass.

Tua gives me great concern with his injury history but I would take him at 13. The OP asked a great question here assuming the top 2 guys are taken. The issue for me is now that the combine has exposed a few guys I would have easily moved up for (Brown and Kinlaw) they all seem to have flaws and concerns. I do like what Whirf has done but with AC coming back, can you afford to add him? We either need a starting QB and a dominant 3 tech DT. There is not a dominant DE we can get past Young that’s worth moving up for. The very best WR can get schemed out to force others to beat you so I’m not moving up for a WR. No RB. No TE. QB is at best scary to move up for. Maybe Okuda? No Safety. Simmons is a very nice piece but is it a piece we need overall? I say no. The best 2 DT’s on the board has knee tendinitis and bad numbers in the combine. Crap!! WR seems the most stable for really great talent but to give up draft capital to move up for one, I just wouldn’t. 
 

in a nutshell, I think staying put and just taking the BPA is the right move. I’m so glad I don’t have to make the choice because it stresses me out guessing and I’m not getting fired for missing on my opinion nor will I get a raise if I’m right. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Four2itus said:

Ok. So here is the deal. It is fairly common out there in draft talk land...that Joe Burrow and Chase Young are going 1 and 2 in this draft. So assuming that is true, and for this excercise, they are off the board.

 

So, pick the four players that YOU feel are worth trading up for from the 13 spot. No trades, no trade value convo's, just players. From slot #3 to slot #12, name your 4 players that you will be excited that the Colts spent draft capital on. 

 

Mine :

 

Isaiah Simmons

Tristan Wirfs

Javon Kinlaw

Jedrick Wills

Tua

Herbert

Love

Brown

 

Basically, if Ballard overwhelmingly feels one of the other 3 QBs is his guy, you get him. You don't settle for QBs, this isn't Madden. Other than that, you move up for Derrick Brown. He is the Quenton Nelson of DT's, and Kinlaw has knee tendonitis. Easy decision there if you love him and he's there when the Panthers pick.

Link to post
Share on other sites

NONE.  


Why trade up especially for a QB that is no better than what we have now starting and will need longer time to learn the playbook?

 

This draft class is loaded this year and players will fall to later rounds.  Look at WR alone has an additional 10-15 players expected to be drafted early.

 

If anything we would want to drop back a few slots in R1 add future pick(s) with more ammo to draft.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, OhioColt said:

NONE.  


Why trade up especially for a QB that is no better than what we have now starting and will need longer time to learn the playbook?

 

This draft class is loaded this year and players will fall to later rounds.  Look at WR alone has an additional 10-15 players expected to be drafted early.

 

If anything we would want to drop back a few slots in R1 add future pick(s) with more ammo to draft.

Any of the top 4 QBs (and maybe even more) are better than Brissett. You are overvaluing Brissett greatly. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone blue chip is falling to us, so I really don’t think any non-QBs.  That being said, the ones I would be least upset about are as follows:

 

Herbert

Brown

Wirfs

Jeudy

 

Love would make me livid, as I’d be simply upset if we took him at 13 (or 34, for that matter)...

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If Tua is there at 4, I would consider it. Otherwise, I stand pat, period. You WILL get a good prospect that should be able to help the team at No.13, no doubt in my mind, no need for panic.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

If Tua is there at 4, I would consider it. Otherwise, I stand pat, period. You WILL get a good prospect that should be able to help the team at No.13, no doubt in my mind, no need for panic.

I don't think panic is the right word for moving up to get their guy

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jdubu said:

Tua gives me great concern with his injury history but I would take him at 13. The OP asked a great question here assuming the top 2 guys are taken. The issue for me is now that the combine has exposed a few guys I would have easily moved up for (Brown and Kinlaw) they all seem to have flaws and concerns. I do like what Whirf has done but with AC coming back, can you afford to add him? We either need a starting QB and a dominant 3 tech DT. There is not a dominant DE we can get past Young that’s worth moving up for. The very best WR can get schemed out to force others to beat you so I’m not moving up for a WR. No RB. No TE. QB is at best scary to move up for. Maybe Okuda? No Safety. Simmons is a very nice piece but is it a piece we need overall? I say no. The best 2 DT’s on the board has knee tendinitis and bad numbers in the combine. Crap!! WR seems the most stable for really great talent but to give up draft capital to move up for one, I just wouldn’t. 
 

in a nutshell, I think staying put and just taking the BPA is the right move. I’m so glad I don’t have to make the choice because it stresses me out guessing and I’m not getting fired for missing on my opinion nor will I get a raise if I’m right. 

 

If Kinlaw has a very good Pro Day, I would definitely take him at No.13.

 

However, based on value of position, everything is pointing in the QB or WR direction if we stand pat at No.13. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheMose said:

I don't think panic is the right word for moving up to get their guy

 

It is panic amongst forum members, not with Ballard for sure. :) 

 

Or call it anxiety and stress!!! :) 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with several that there is no need to move up.  We'll get a VERY good, or great player at 13, whether it's aQB that falls to us that CB likes a lot, or one of many other talented players on both sides of the ball.

 

Or, we just go ahead and draft Arch Manning at 13 and he can just skip college :)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

The only players worth trading up for are Herbert and Love. When you have no QB trading up for any other  position in my mind is worthless. If we were set at QB then we could talk about other positions.

That's pretty much how I feel, except I would also add edge rusher and, on a rare occasion, a special LT or CB.  But for the most part, I wouldn't trade up for anyone but a QB or Edge guy.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheMose said:

Any of the top 4 QBs (and maybe even more) are better than Brissett. You are overvaluing Brissett greatly. 

Not overvaluing Brissett.  Am just not putting a premium on R1 QBs for us to draft.  Too many WRs in this draft class   that will force players to drop but make other rise.  After the combine expect a few R2 DTs to go in R1 now.  Do we really want to skip on a chance to pick a top DT in R1 again especially for a QB that probably isn’t much better than Brissett?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I sure wish we could come have come out of this draft with Ruggs & Love.  Love's meteoric rise up the draft boards has made that an impossibility.  If we stay put and Love is gone I'd like to see us draft Ruggs at 13.  He is a physical freak of nature.  Wouldn't shock me at all if he ends up being the best receiver from this draft class and this is one of the most stacked receiver classes ever.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, OhioColt said:

Not overvaluing Brissett.  Am just not putting a premium on R1 QBs for us to draft.  Too many WRs in this draft class   that will force players to drop but make other rise.  After the combine expect a few R2 DTs to go in R1 now.  Do we really want to skip on a chance to pick a top DT in R1 again especially for a QB that probably isn’t much better than Brissett?

What good is a WR if you don’t have a QB to get them the ball.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chad72 said:

 

If Kinlaw has a very good Pro Day, I would definitely take him at No.13.

 

However, based on value of position, everything is pointing in the QB or WR direction if we stand pat at No.13. 

I have no doubt his pro day will be great. I am more worried about the knee, the knee he missed the senior bowl for. It’s one thing for it to show up after 4-5 years in the league, now you have to wonder, does he fulfill a 4 year contract due to a chronic knee condition? I think it’s very fair to be real concerned with it. Depending on the medical reports, I’d take him off my board from the first round anyway. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, OhioColt said:

NONE.  


Why trade up especially for a QB that is no better than what we have now starting and will need longer time to learn the playbook?

 

This draft class is loaded this year and players will fall to later rounds.  Look at WR alone has an additional 10-15 players expected to be drafted early.

 

If anything we would want to drop back a few slots in R1 add future pick(s) with more ammo to draft.

All 4 of the top QBs are better prospects than what we currently have. I'd rather have Fitzpatrick than brissett

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CantBeStopped said:

All 4 of the top QBs are better prospects than what we currently have. I'd rather have Fitzpatrick than brissett

Hurts might even be better  than Brissett 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Herbert is the only player I think is worth trading major assets for because of his potential and how important the QB position is. If he’s not available then I would stay at 13 and draft the best player available which I believe will be Jerry Juedy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Yeah, my little voice partly thinks the same (perhaps contract year type of performance). I just hate saying it out loud, as he was considered very very raw when drafted. He was used all over the place at USC, and relied way too much on his natural gifts instead of technique. Maybe he was a bit lazy, but it's also possible he was just raw, wasn't able to focus, and things are just now clicking. Or maybe he was lazy a bit, and finally grew up or matured enough to commit to his craft.    He's an interesting guy to follow. I could see it falling either way. I remember his recruiting out of HS (think he was out of Mainland) Thought for sure he'd end up at FSU, UF, or Auburn. My FSU and Auburn buds thought he was a lock lol. One of my FSU buds swore USC bought him a car lol. I was hoping ND would offer, but rumor was, he didn't have close to the grades needed.    
    • Hmmm I watched the show on  prime (all episodes) And Although I haven't seen many of the games from last year I found him to be pretty damn good and a very nice guy. I mean I wasn't a huge fan before but I think we got a winner at Qb and im looking forward to watching all year. Watch the show on prime  its worth the watch
    • Yup. If you read the above discussion, I've shared the parameters we used in a past mock, that made things go much faster. I think the the key is to stick to evenings, keep a crisp/clean big board, shorten the clock, and more or less do a "schedule" for picks so everyone knows +/- 15 minutes when they have be available. The all day all week long clock stuff is just not conducive to keeping folks attention.
    • I'd say divide everyone into two groups. Those who want a shot at the Colts, and those who want another team. If only one person wants another team, they get it. That way you at least have a few that are vested in non-Colts picking.   After you clear as many non-Colts folks as possible, do a lottery for everyone (lottery with team selection order).   Purely my opinion, but I think first come first serve hurts interest level. And I think it's important to try and be fair, but also match folks to a team they are interested in. 
    • I'm going to believe this tweet over the one you posted. Just seems too far out of character for Ballard to offer MORE than 15.5 per year for Watt.   Charles Robinson @CharlesRobinson Unless the #Colts, #Browns and #Titans are straight up lying, this is not what I’ve been told. I’ve been told by multiple Watt suitors that the $23 million guaranteed in Watt’s Arizona deal was near ceiling for their total $. Teams were trying to get Watt for roughly $12 mil per.
  • Members

    • coltsfanmurf

      coltsfanmurf 52

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • danlhart87

      danlhart87 7,424

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Fluke_33

      Fluke_33 2,613

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Greyghost80

      Greyghost80 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • JediXMan

      JediXMan 415

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • NDSU_Guy

      NDSU_Guy 19

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • EastStreet

      EastStreet 9,231

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • tvturner

      tvturner 284

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • NFLfan

      NFLfan 8,301

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Zoltan

      Zoltan 549

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...