Indianapolis Colts
1959Colts

Dalton to the Colts?

The Colts are going to be linked to any QB out there because they have money and assists and need a QB.

• Like 6

I consider this false news.

• Like 1

I hope it's accurate.    I'd prefer Dalton to Rivers.

Peter King has matched Dalton with the Patriots should Brady move on.   If that's the case,  if Dalton is acceptable to the Pats,  he should be acceptable to the Colts.   

• Like 3

With a MUCH improved OL and coaching staff in Indy compared to Cincy, I could possibly see Dalton having a Tannehill type season but with better stats in Indy. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I hope it's accurate.    I'd prefer Dalton to Rivers.

Peter King has matched Dalton with the Patriots should Brady move on.   If that's the case,  if Dalton is acceptable to the Pats,  he should be acceptable to the Colts.   

I have never been a fan of Dalton and always thought he was just average, above average some years but then again part of his play could have been due to him playing in Cincy. Much like Tannehill playing in Miami but Tannehill was better with Tennessee last season.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

The Colts are going to be linked to any QB out there because they have money and assists and need a QB.

Exactly. Just because the Colts have a lot of cap room the media has tried to connect any QB to the Colts. 

That and just about every free agent too. 

With Ballard saying he thinks this locker room is ready for a big market free agent does not mean a high dollar player will be coming to the Colts. 

IMO Ballard will still be frugal in signing any player. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

... I'd prefer Dalton to Rivers....

Not sure I can say that Dalton has ever been better than Rivers.  Curious preference you have there. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Dalton is better than JB

Thats the starting point

He wouldn’t be the answer long term but I also would like him better than Rivers

Maybe a 4th or 5th ?

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

Exactly. If one paid attention to the rumors, Brady, Carr, Rivers and Dalton are all headed to Indy. 

9 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Dalton is better than JB

Thats the starting point

He wouldn’t be the answer long term but I also would like him better than Rivers

Maybe a 4th or 5th ?

Never mind.

26 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Not sure I can say that Dalton has ever been better than Rivers.  Curious preference you have there. 

Career-wise,  Rivers is far superior to Dalton.     I'm just not sure the same could be said about 2020?     I'm not expecting a bounce-back for Rivers.  I think it's possible,  but I'm not sure how likely that would be.    But I think Dalton might respond to a better situation here in Indy.   

I get that Dalton is not a sexy candidate.    But neither was Tannehill and look what happened there.    I'm hoping Dalton might do similar for the Colts.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Not sure I can say that Dalton has ever been better than Rivers.  

agreed

Ad has had a couple of pretty good seasons, Rivers had a lot more.  PR was better last year too

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Career-wise,  Rivers is far superior to Dalton.     I'm just not sure the same could be said about 2020?     I'm not expecting a bounce-back for Rivers.  I think it's possible,  but I'm not sure how likely that would be.    But I think Dalton might respond to a better situation here in Indy.   

I get that Dalton is not a sexy candidate.    But neither was Tannehill and look what happened there.    I'm hoping Dalton might do similar for the Colts.

I would prefer Rivers but because of his age I have my doubts like you if he can be 35 year old Phillip Rivers anymore. With our O.Line he should be good but the doubt is there. 

Jacoby is better than Dalton, I never want to see Dalton in a Colts jersey not even as a back-up

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

27 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

Exactly. If one paid attention to the rumors, Brady, Carr, Rivers and Dalton are all headed to Indy. 

Mariota too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Dalton at his best is about what JB was in games 1 thru 7 last year...Dalton is not the player Ballard will part with JB for.

Yes we need the QB of the future...but change for the sake of change is not what we should expect 

A Dalton led Bengals team had the Steelers beat and were headed to a Super Bowl if the 2 biggest knuckleheads in NFL history hadn’t made bad decisions. Burfict and PAC ‘man Jones.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Like most are saying, Dalton is better than JB but I would still pass. They occupy the same level at the mediocre tier. Dalton does not offer enough of an upgrade to warrant trading draft picks. 

Wow, so many options Ballard could go. I would like to hear the behind the scenes meetings with our FO. Who is pounding the table for who? I’ve heard Siriani is for Rivers because of their time together but that could be bogus as well.

3 minutes ago, HectorRoberts said:

Dalton, rivers, Jacoby... same thing 

Dalton and rivers are superior to Brissett 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Dalton and rivers are superior to Brissett 

I’m not to sure about that. Jacoby won more games than the other 2 combined last season. I’m not saying Jacoby is the answer but neither are the other 2

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, HectorRoberts said:

I’m not to sure about that. Jacoby won more games than the other 2 combined last season. I’m not saying Jacoby is the answer but neither are the other 2

They were both on worse teams with bad olines

3 hours ago, LockeDown said:

Wow, so many options Ballard could go. I would like to hear the behind the scenes meetings with our FO. Who is pounding the table for who? I’ve heard Siriani is for Rivers because of their time together but that could be bogus as well.

That would be awesome to be a part of.

Could you imagine if there was a raffle and they allowed one of “us” in to give our “expert” views.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Personally I would pass on Dalton. He has been very streaky his whole career. IMO he is not an upgrade to what we have on the roster. 

He would be a great pick up.  I think he is capable of hitting open receivers.

I wouldn't be too excited about Dalton.   He only completed over 65% of his passes one season.  He's completed less than 60% 3 seasons.  It'd be an improvement over Brissett, but not too much.

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

He would be a great pick up.  I think he is capable of hitting open receivers.

Every NFL qb should be able to do that.     

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Every NFL qb should be able to do that.     

I know, that's why just about any NFL caliber qb would be an upgrade over JB.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I could see it.  Dalton is at least a  better option than Rivers in my mind.  He's a solid blue collar QB who has obvious ability but has struggled in the last few years with a terrible organization.  Put him on a team that knows what he's doing and he's got every chance to be productive.

As a guy who's definitely in the Brissett camp. give me a guy like Dalton, who definitely deserves another chance, with Brissett as the backup, and I think you could go to war that way.