Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What are your top 10 picks predictions right now

If we don’t have to move up for a QB and we get one at 13 we are in prime position to get 3 elite players with those first 3 picks. Any trade downs out of those first three picks would be stupid. Ballard can’t keep moving down and going for value. Eventually not getting elite talent will bite him in the butt. Best scenario is we get a QB at 13 and a DT and a WR with those two second round picks.

1 hour ago, pacolts56 said:

Yep.... if he's not 100% medically, we can't risk the #13 pick on him.

And that goes for Tua as well....I simply wouldn't draft him following the hip injury.... healed or not.

Kinlaw's pro day is the 16th. If he appears 100% healthy and puts up good numbers I think any medical red flags get removed. Hopefully, he was just being cautious skipping the combine. Still hoping for him and a qb.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Lucky Wolf said:

Kinlaw's pro day is the 16th. If he appears 100% healthy and puts up good numbers I think any medical red flags get removed. Hopefully, he was just being cautious skipping the combine. Still hoping for him and a qb.

I agree.... without any medical concerns I'd have no issues taking him at all.

Of course.... IF all this Top 10 QB hype somehow pushes Derrick Brown down to #13, I'd just as soon we take the guesswork out of it and select Brown instead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, pacolts56 said:

I agree.... without any medical concerns I'd have no issues taking him at all.

Of course.... IF all this Top 10 QB hype somehow pushes Derrick Brown down to #13, I'd just as soon we take the guesswork out of it and select Brown instead.

Yep.  IDC if he ran a 7 second 40.  The guy can play and he can get in the QB's face.  People fall in/out of love with so many players based on the combine and completely forget what the guy did on the field.  And his game tape says he's the best DT in this draft.

I still doubt he will make it to 13 though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

Yep.  IDC if he ran a 7 second 40.  The guy can play and he can get in the QB's face.  People fall in/out of love with so many players based on the combine and completely forget what the guy did on the field.  And his game tape says he's the best DT in this draft.

I still doubt he will make it to 13 though.

I agree.... there's no substitute for game tape.

And yeah, he probably wont make it to #13....a LOT of things would have to fall into place.

It's convoluted.....but IMO, the keys to him sneaking thru start with #3 and #4... and if he slips past Detroit and the Giants, I think the Tua/Hebert/Love QB run starts and the next gauntlet is #8 AZ & #9 JAX... two very strong possibilities. 

Beyond that point though, we have 3 teams with glaring needs at OT and/or WR and there should be enough really good OTs to slide Brown to us if he's made it that far.

Is that enough what if's for ya? :funny:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pacolts56 said:

I agree.... there's no substitute for game tape.

And yeah, he probably wont make it to #13....a LOT of things would have to fall into place.

It's convoluted.....but IMO, the keys to him sneaking thru start with #3 and #4... and if he slips past Detroit and the Giants, I think the Tua/Hebert/Love QB run starts and the next gauntlet is #8 AZ & #9 JAX... two very strong possibilities. 

Beyond that point though, we have 3 teams with glaring needs at OT and/or WR and there should be enough really good OTs to slide Brown to us if he's made it that far.

Is that enough what if's for ya? :funny:

Yeah I really think that 7, 8, 9 area is where he;ll probably end up.  But who knows really?  I will pull for him to be available at 13 and then hope Ballard sees what I see.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

I would agree with that

We will need an LT VERY soon...... if its the right person, they could slide in at RG or RT, until cantstanzya retires........

If RT, move Smith inside

On Tua

Maybe I should have said.... if the medicals turn out positive (so far so good)

Watching the talking heads the past 48 hours, the love for Tua remains very high

There are a few folks thinking (rumorville) that there may be people trading up for Tua

As a regular person on the outside, his medical issues over his career itself lends for concern. That hip problem is by far the biggest concern for me moving forward. If that quickly gets Re-injured, it then becomes a chronic issue and could there be any issues with blood flow that causes a bo Jackson like condition and sends him to retirement early. He is a big risk, as big a risk as hoping Love or Herbert pans out in football skills imho. Teams like Miami and a few other teams who has a fan base that is used to disappointment are better suited to take the risk of a QB failing. Our market needs to hit after having Manning and then Luck and seeing the disaster that JB gave us. Irsay is wealthy but his business is all tied to the team. He doesn’t own Gillette or other major companies to tap into if the fan base falls back. Indy has to produce a winning team to stay viable and to attract other free agent stars. 

14 hours ago, pacolts56 said:

Here's the Top 12 scenario I'm hoping for... and yes.... I'm admittedly biased towards a dominant DT in this draft and bringing in Rivers for a season or two.

Some may question the Panthers taking Loverboy at #7.... but Cam Newton's health is still in question and their new head coach could very well want to gear things in a new direction at QB.

If you disagree....have at it...its all part of the fun! :thmup:

1. Bengals - Joe Burrow

2. Redskins - Chase Young 

3. Lions - Jeff Okudah

4. Giants - Andrew Thomas

5. Dolphins - Tua Tagovailoa

6. Chargers - Justin Herbert 

7. Panthers - Jordan Love

8. Cardinals - AJ Epenesa

9. Jaguars - Tristan Wirfs

10. Browns - Isaiah Simmons

11. Jets - Jedrick Wills

12. Raiders - Jerry Jeudy 

Welcome to the Colts.... Derrick Brown!

Not sure if you know this....    Epenesa had a very, very poor combine.    I suspect he is still a 1st round draft pick,  but I think top-10 is a long shot at best.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

I threw some trades in mine.

1. Bengals - Burrow

2. Redskins - Young 

3. Dolphins - Tagovailoa 

4. Giants - Wilfs

5. Lions - Simmons 

6. Chargers - Herbert 

7. Colts - Love

8. Cardinals - Jeudy 

9. Jaguars - Okudah

10. Browns - Thomas 

Lions get 5 39 and 2021 2nd (Dolphins pick)

Panthers get 13 75 and 2021 3rd

If you're trying to figure out who might or might not reach our pick at 13,  doing a top-10 is basically pointless.    You need to do a top-12!    That'll give Colts fans a much clearer picture of what might happen.....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Not sure if you know this....    Epenesa had a very, very poor combine.    I suspect he is still a 1st round draft pick,  but I think top-10 is a long shot at best.

Yeah....I didn't know that before I made my list.... he'll probably still go in the 1st round but you're right, he probably dropped himself out of the Top 10.

I do think though, that K'Lavon Chaisson... who I totally forgot about... could interest the Cardinals... and there's always Cee Dee Lamb, who Kyler Murray played with at Oklahoma.

Any scenario that finagles Derrick Brown to #13 makes me happy. haha

Now...watch the Lions take him at #3 :facepalm:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

I'll give it a stab with no trades.

1)Bengals - Burrow

2)Skins - Young

3)Lions - Simmons

4)Giants - Wirfs

5) Dolphins - Tua

6)Chargers - Herbert

7)Panthers - Brown

8)Cardinals - Lamb

9)Jaguars - Becton

10)Browns - Thomas

11)Jets - Jeudy

12)Raiders - Ruggs

13)Colts - Kinlaw

Nicely done. I see folks having Simmons lasting till the 10 spot. That ain't happening. 

42 minutes ago, pacolts56 said:

Yeah....I didn't know that before I made my list.... he'll probably still go in the 1st round but you're right, he probably dropped himself out of the Top 10.

I do think though, that K'Lavon Chaisson... who I totally forgot about... could interest the Cardinals... and there's always Cee Dee Lamb, who Kyler Murray played with at Oklahoma.

They could go QB too pending what happens with Stafford. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, pacolts56 said:

Chaisson is my sleeper pick.    I know we have Turay and Benagu,  but Chaisson is said to be more explosive than either of them.    His name first surfaced about a month ago from Lance Zierlein who mocked him to the Colts.    And we all know Zierlein's background with Ballard.

Not saying the two have talked about this.   Only that LZ knows what CB likes and looks for.

And Chaisson is it.

So, that would not surprise me at all.

Very nice catch by you!!      :thmup:

• Like 2

The 2020 draft class just smoked the combine with record-breaking performances. 

At this point Indy will have a terrific chance at 3 franchise players, so there should be even less motivation to move up unless Ballard wants to risk it all on one guy.  Doubtful.  Not Ballard's style.  A move up would likely be #34 and a late rounder just to beat someone out for a QB prospect in that "Teddy Bridgewater" range.  

The Giants are taking a tackle and at this point they can't miss.  I wouldn't be surprised to see them move down more than once if they still thought they could get a Top-3 OT.  

Herbert to the Chargers looks like it fits.  Definitely a tackle headed to the Browns.  If they let Joe Schobert walk, they must be pretty serious about either a FA stud or 1st rounder.

The trades are going to make it impossible to get half the top-10 correct, but I'd better get started because the draft is in my city and every year the guys do a winner-take-all draft pool.  This year we'll be on site.  Time to get to work...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Four2itus said:

Nicely done. I see folks having Simmons lasting till the 10 spot. That ain't happening. 

I omitted Okudah because I just don’t see anybody taking a CB until 11-15, even though he’s the best prospect in this draft.  

• Like 1