Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What are your top 10 picks predictions right now


Recommended Posts

 

 

I threw some trades in mine.

 

1. Bengals - Burrow

2. Redskins - Young 

3. Dolphins - Tagovailoa 

4. Giants - Wilfs

5. Lions - Simmons 

6. Chargers - Herbert 

7. Colts - Love

8. Cardinals - Jeudy 

9. Jaguars - Okudah

10. Browns - Thomas 

 

Lions get 5 39 and 2021 2nd (Dolphins pick)

 

Panthers get 13 75 and 2021 3rd

 

  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I like it except fo #7, lol.  But seriously, I like Okuda sliding a bit (unless he runs like a maniac tonight).  Lions and Simmons sound great after yesterday.  Only thing I’d say is that I think Becton has totally jumped past Thomas now...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

 

 

I threw some trades in mine.

 

1. Bengals - Burrow

2. Redskins - Young 

3. Dolphins - Tagovailoa 

4. Giants - Wilfs

5. Lions - Simmons 

6. Chargers - Herbert 

7. Colts - Love

8. Cardinals - Jeudy 

9. Jaguars - Okudah

10. Browns - Thomas 

 

Lions get 5 39 and 2021 2nd (Dolphins pick)

 

Panthers get 13 75 and 2021 3rd

 

Yea, no way Colts move up.  The Colts CANNOT give away valuable draft capitol now or in the future for 1 guy, they just can't. They won't. There are too many pieces needed on this team. If they were only just a QB away I might feel a little different, but they are not. This Love kid has got y'all drunk on the sauce. Honestly, if the Colts really wanted a QB in the draft, I seriously would wait and take Hurts. Dude, looked pretty decent at combine. I was surprised at how decent he looked and if the Colts were looking for a QB with MAD MONEY potential who won't break the bank financially then they will draft the QB from Princeton in the 7th, cause in a couple years that guy is going to be one heck of an accountant. :funny:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Yea, no way Colts move up.  The Colts CANNOT give away valuable draft capitol now or in the future for 1 guy, they just can't. They won't. There are too many pieces needed on this team. If they were only just a QB away I might feel a little different, but they are not. This Love kid has got y'all drunk on the sauce. Honestly, if the Colts really wanted a QB in the draft, I seriously would wait and take Hurts. Dude, looked pretty decent at combine. I was surprised at how decent he looked and if the Colts were looking for a QB with MAD MONEY potential who won't break the bank financially then they will draft the QB from Princeton in the 7th, cause in a couple years that guy is going to be one heck of an accountant. :funny:

Yea if love, herbert,  tua,and burrow  are gone, I'd trade back and take hurts

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Four qbs will def go in top 10

I think that is very likely

 

It also may push some excellent DTs or OTs toward our spot

 

also..... I doubt he moves, especially if Kinlaw is parked there, but

 

CB loves getting additional 2nds, he just might move back a bit.....

 

In the 20s there will still be excellent WRs, Dev OTs like Jones, and some decent 3T

 

I hope he just takes Kinlaw.....

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 will go before us for sure. I personally like Love too enough to trade up for him, but it's possible the NFL doesn't feel the same way, because he's somewhat of a project. 

 

I guess we'll see soon enough... 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Four qbs will def go in top 10

Yes (I'll temper that by saying top 12...LVR).  Neither Eason or Fromm helped themselves at the combine, so it looks like just 4 will be gone before our pick.  I think they still have pro-days but it won't move the needle much, IMO.

 

Also, if GMS like or hate physical tests at the combine as much as the media does, Love has moved up solidly to the top 12 but Kinlaw and Derrick Brown...5.11 40....have both maybe slid to our spot.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the Top 12 scenario I'm hoping for... and yes.... I'm admittedly biased towards a dominant DT in this draft and bringing in Rivers for a season or two.

 

Some may question the Panthers taking Loverboy at #7.... but Cam Newton's health is still in question and their new head coach could very well want to gear things in a new direction at QB.

 

If you disagree....have at it...its all part of the fun! :thmup:

 

1. Bengals - Joe Burrow

2. Redskins - Chase Young 

3. Lions - Jeff Okudah

4. Giants - Andrew Thomas

5. Dolphins - Tua Tagovailoa

6. Chargers - Justin Herbert 

7. Panthers - Jordan Love

8. Cardinals - AJ Epenesa

9. Jaguars - Tristan Wirfs

10. Browns - Isaiah Simmons

11. Jets - Jedrick Wills

12. Raiders - Jerry Jeudy 

 

Welcome to the Colts.... Derrick Brown!

  • Like 4
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, pacolts56 said:

Here's the Top 12 scenario I'm hoping for... and yes.... I'm admittedly biased towards a dominant DT in this draft and bringing in Rivers for a season or two.

 

Some may question the Panthers taking Loverboy at #7.... but Cam Newton's health is still in question and their new head coach could very well want to gear things in a new direction at QB.

 

If you disagree....have at it...its all part of the fun! :thmup:

 

1. Bengals - Joe Burrow

2. Redskins - Chase Young 

3. Lions - Jeff Okudah

4. Giants - Andrew Thomas

5. Dolphins - Tua Tagovailoa

6. Chargers - Justin Herbert 

7. Panthers - Jordan Love

8. Cardinals - AJ Epenesa

9. Jaguars - Tristan Wirfs

10. Browns - Isaiah Simmons

11. Jets - Jedrick Wills

12. Raiders - Jerry Jeudy 

 

Welcome to the Colts.... Derrick Brown!

Epenesa ran a 5+ sec 40. He's not going in the top 10

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Bengals - Joe Burrow

2. Redskins - Chase Young 

3. Dolphins(via Lions) - Tua Tagovailoa

4. Giants - Mekhi Becton 

5. Lions - Jeffery Okudah

6. Chargers - Justin Herbert

7. Panthers - Isaiah Simmons 

8. Cardinals - Jedrick Wills

9. Jaguars - Jerry Jeudy

10. Browns - Tristan Wirfs

11. Colts (via Jets) Jordan Love

12. Raiders - Jeremy Lamb

13. Jets (via Colts) - Andrew Thomas

....

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Bengals - Joe Burrow QB

2. Redskins - Chase Young DE

3. Lions - Jeff Okudah CB

4. Giants - Jerry Jeudy WR

5. Dolphins - Tua Tagovailoa QB

6. Chargers - Justin Herbert QB

7. Panthers - Isaiah Simmons LB

8. Cardinals - CeeDee Lamb WR

9. Jaguars - Andrew Thomas OT

10. Browns - Tristan Wirfs OT

11. Jets - Jedrick Wills OT

12. Raiders - AJ Epenesa DE

13. Colts - Brown DT

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FalseStart said:

1. Bengals - Joe Burrow QB

2. Redskins - Chase Young DE

3. Lions - Jeff Okudah CB

4. Giants - Jerry Jeudy WR

5. Dolphins - Tua Tagovailoa QB

6. Chargers - Justin Herbert QB

7. Panthers - Isaiah Simmons LB

8. Cardinals - CeeDee Lamb WR

9. Jaguars - Andrew Thomas OT

10. Browns - Tristan Wirfs OT

11. Jets - Jedrick Wills OT

12. Raiders - AJ Epenesa DE

13. Colts - Brown DT

I would love this!

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, stitches said:

1. Bengals - Joe Burrow

2. Redskins - Chase Young 

3. Dolphins(via Lions) - Tua Tagovailoa

4. Giants - Mekhi Becton 

5. Lions - Jeffery Okudah

6. Chargers - Justin Herbert

7. Panthers - Isaiah Simmons 

8. Cardinals - Jedrick Wills

9. Jaguars - Jerry Jeudy

10. Browns - Tristan Wirfs

11. Colts (via Jets) Jordan Love

12. Raiders - Jeremy Lamb

13. Jets (via Colts) - Andrew Thomas

....

 

 

1. Bengals - Joe Burrow

2. Dolphins(via Skins) - Tua Tagovailoa

3. Lions - Jordan Love

4. Giants - Chase Young 

5. Redskins - Jeffery Okudah (via Dolphins) Skins get Phins 5th, 26th, and 56th(Saints)

6. Chargers - Justin Herbert

7. Panthers -  Derek Brown

8. Cardinals - CeeDee Lamb

9. Raiders(via Jags) - Jerry Jeudy

10. Browns - Isaiah Simmons

11. Jets - Henry Ruggs lll

12. Jags - Andrew Thomas or Becton (via Raiders) Jags get 12, 19, and 81

13. Colts - Javon Kinlaw

Link to post
Share on other sites

You beat me to it @danlhart87!  I was thinking of posting the same thing.  Was gonna wait until today's workouts by the DB's, to see if what Okudah does changes his projection at all.

 

1. Bengals - Joe Burrow, QB, LSU

2. Redskins - Chase Young, DE, Ohio St

3. Lions - Jeffrey Okudah, CB, Ohio St

4. Giants - Isaiah Simmons, LB, Clemson

5. Dolphins - Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama

6. Chargers - Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon

7. Panthers - Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn

8. Cardinals - Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa

9. Jaguars - Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia

10. Browns - Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville

11. Jets - Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama

12. Raiders - Henry Ruggs III, WR, Alabama

13. Colts - CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll give it a stab with no trades.

 

1)Bengals - Burrow

2)Skins - Young

3)Lions - Simmons

4)Giants - Wirfs

5) Dolphins - Tua

6)Chargers - Herbert

7)Panthers - Brown

8)Cardinals - Lamb

9)Jaguars - Becton

10)Browns - Thomas

11)Jets - Jeudy

12)Raiders - Ruggs

13)Colts - Kinlaw

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

 

 

I threw some trades in mine.

 

1. Bengals - Burrow

2. Redskins - Young 

3. Dolphins - Tagovailoa 

4. Giants - Wilfs

5. Lions - Simmons 

6. Chargers - Herbert 

7. Colts - Love

8. Cardinals - Jeudy 

9. Jaguars - Okudah

10. Browns - Thomas 

 

Lions get 5 39 and 2021 2nd (Dolphins pick)

 

Panthers get 13 75 and 2021 3rd

 

Like your concept but think that the only way Love gets drafted at 7 is if the Panthers take him there.  Reason being...the teams that would trade up to 7 are at 12 and lower...and the talent drop off is too dramatic below 11, even with 4 QBs selected ahead.  If the Panthers want Love, you can't make a deal regardless, but if not, they'll be forced to make their pick because nobody will pay them what it's worth to go back that far in this particular draft.  

 

The Bills paid 53 and 56 to move from 12 to 7 in 2018.  The Panthers will likely want more than that given the premium talent they'll pass on to fall back.

 

The same is true for the Cardinals and Jags...so the first real trade up possibility for the Colts is the Browns at 10.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If no one trades up to that 8-12 position for a QB and raiders don’t take one Love or Herbert will be there at 13. But I could see us trading up just a few spots to make sure that doesn’t happen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, stitches said:

3 will go before us for sure. I personally like Love too enough to trade up for him, but it's possible the NFL doesn't feel the same way, because he's somewhat of a project. 

 

I guess we'll see soon enough... 

Stitchman

 

You get what I said before and what I still say

 

Love was going to test very well

 

He has all the needed skills

 

I think it’s a high likelihood that he is gone before our pick

 

I guess I am coming around to trading up...... but for a better prospect.... like Tua

 

I see Tua and Burrows as blue chip prospects

 

I don’t see a blue chip in Love......

 

If I am giving up large capitol...... it’s for a safer pick

 

I see the potential in Love.......  I am ok with him being taken at 13..... IF he is the guy the front office is in love with

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MikeCurtis said:

Stitchman

 

You get what I said before and what I still say

 

Love was going to test very well

 

He has all the needed skills

 

I think it’s a high likelihood that he is gone before our pick

 

I guess I am coming around to trading up...... but for a better prospect.... like Tua

 

I see Tua and Burrows as blue chip prospects

 

I don’t see a blue chip in Love......

 

If I am giving up large capitol...... it’s for a safer pick

 

I see the potential in Love.......  I am ok with him being taken at 13..... IF he is the guy the front office is in love with

 

 

I see what you did there

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Stitchman

 

You get what I said before and what I still say

 

Love was going to test very well

 

He has all the needed skills

 

I think it’s a high likelihood that he is gone before our pick

 

I guess I am coming around to trading up...... but for a better prospect.... like Tua

 

I see Tua and Burrows as blue chip prospects

 

I don’t see a blue chip in Love......

 

If I am giving up large capitol...... it’s for a safer pick

 

I see the potential in Love.......  I am ok with him being taken at 13..... IF he is the guy the front office is in love with

 

Yeah, that's understandable. Contrary to what people seem to think, I absolutely understand why some might not be on board with Love. Tua(if healthy?) and Burrow are no. 1 in the draft type of prospects and I don't begrudge anyone for having them over Love... 

 

The thing I've been thinking about trading up for QBs is - at the end of the day, if you love the guy and believe in him and if he pans out, there really isn't price too high to pay for him. If he pans out it will be worth it, and if he doesn't it won't be worth it, no matter if you traded up for him or not. So... the biggest question with QBs is really the evaluation and the risk you are willing to take with the prospect(and all of them have some risk factor, even Burrow, although lower with him)... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m sorry, but if I were to even consider trading up, it would be for Love. Don’t get me wrong, I like the guy, but he is nowhere near a top 10 talent, and is barely a 1st round caliber player. In this draft, I have him ranked 37th overall, drafting him at 7 while giving up so much capital would be a massive mistake and really hurt the team overall

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Indeee said:

1. Bengals - Joe Burrow

2. Dolphins(via Skins) - Tua Tagovailoa

3. Lions - Jordan Love

4. Giants - Chase Young 

5. Redskins - Jeffery Okudah (via Dolphins) Skins get Phins 5th, 26th, and 56th(Saints)

6. Chargers - Justin Herbert

7. Panthers -  Derek Brown

8. Cardinals - CeeDee Lamb

9. Raiders(via Jags) - Jerry Jeudy

10. Browns - Isaiah Simmons

11. Jets - Henry Ruggs lll

12. Jags - Andrew Thomas or Becton (via Raiders) Jags get 12, 19, and 81

13. Colts - Javon Kinlaw

I think Kinlaws  draft value maybe sliding based on his knees

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ballard is going to select BPA at a position of NEED... Not a prospect in round one... Round two... Maybe he takes a little more risk and goes for a guy like love. I think pick 13 going to be a guy with the least risk. If your job/credibility is on the line... you would go with the BPA (Blue chip) guy over a prospect every time. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I think Kinlaws  draft value maybe sliding based on his knees

I don't  want kinlaw. Rather draft someone  without  knee injuries  and someone who doesn't  play at ohio state

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

Stitchman

 

You get what I said before and what I still say

 

Love was going to test very well

 

He has all the needed skills

 

I think it’s a high likelihood that he is gone before our pick

 

I guess I am coming around to trading up...... but for a better prospect.... like Tua

 

I see Tua and Burrows as blue chip prospects

 

I don’t see a blue chip in Love......

 

If I am giving up large capitol...... it’s for a safer pick

 

I see the potential in Love.......  I am ok with him being taken at 13..... IF he is the guy the front office is in love with

 

 

You list Burroughs and Tua and then say safe pick. Tua by no means is a safe pick because he has such a medicals history. Everything else, Tua has shown he is elite but that list of medical history is rough. It’s almost like saying Loves medical history is spotless but his hands are small and could be fumble prone. Both are definitely concerns, which one is less when picking? All of these guys give you a reason to pause in moving up. I’m a big proponent of just staying put. 

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I think Kinlaws  draft value maybe sliding based on his knees

I’m very concerned about the knee for sure if I’m CB.  Are there any comparisons for any other DT’s with tendinitis and how it affected their career at an early stage? Quite honestly if Brown is off the board and we really have medical concern with Kinlaw, I’d almost be as happy to take the best OT left and pick the remaining best DT at 34 and TE/WR 44. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

I’d almost be as happy to take the best OT left and pick the remaining best DT at 34 and TE/WR 44. 

I would agree with that

 

We will need an LT VERY soon...... if its the right person, they could slide in at RG or RT, until cantstanzya retires........

 

If RT, move Smith inside

 

On Tua

 

Maybe I should have said.... if the medicals turn out positive (so far so good)

Watching the talking heads the past 48 hours, the love for Tua remains very high

There are a few folks thinking (rumorville) that there may be people trading up for Tua

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CantBeStopped said:

Epenesa ran a 5+ sec 40. He's not going in the top 10

You're right, that is not good.... I hadn't seen his combine numbers.

 

I'm not sure how badly the 40 hurts a DE but his 10yd split wasn't so hot either.

 

So even though Epenesa was very productive at Iowa... it is the #8 pick, and AZ could and probably should snag Chaisson instead..... or even Cee Dee Lamb, and make Kyler Murray's day. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

I think that is very likely

 

It also may push some excellent DTs or OTs toward our spot

 

also..... I doubt he moves, especially if Kinlaw is parked there, but

 

CB loves getting additional 2nds, he just might move back a bit.....

 

In the 20s there will still be excellent WRs, Dev OTs like Jones, and some decent 3T

 

I hope he just takes Kinlaw.....

 

 

 

 

Remember...   to get the extra two this  year,  we had to move back 23 spots.   From pick 26 to pick 49.     I don’t see Ballard moving back that far hoping to get a future two.   Not this year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FalseStart said:

Ballard is going to select BPA at a position of NEED... Not a prospect in round one... Round two... Maybe he takes a little more risk and goes for a guy like love. I think pick 13 going to be a guy with the least risk. If your job/credibility is on the line... you would go with the BPA (Blue chip) guy over a prospect every time. 

Especially if we sign Rivers or acquire a veteran starting QB.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I think Kinlaws  draft value maybe sliding based on his knees

Yep.... if he's not 100% medically, we can't risk the #13 pick on him.

 

And that goes for Tua as well....I simply wouldn't draft him following the hip injury.... healed or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Stephen said:

Yea if love, herbert,  tua,and burrow  are gone, I'd trade back and take hurts

I wouldn't trade back at all. If those QBs are taken ahead of our pick there will be some seriously talented players at #13. 

A great pass rusher or a top notch WR will be there at #13.

BPA may be the way to go in this draft if a QB can't be had at #13. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, FalseStart said:

1. Bengals - Joe Burrow QB

2. Redskins - Chase Young DE

3. Lions - Jeff Okudah CB

4. Giants - Jerry Jeudy WR

5. Dolphins - Tua Tagovailoa QB

6. Chargers - Justin Herbert QB

7. Panthers - Isaiah Simmons LB

8. Cardinals - CeeDee Lamb WR

9. Jaguars - Andrew Thomas OT

10. Browns - Tristan Wirfs OT

11. Jets - Jedrick Wills OT

12. Raiders - AJ Epenesa DE

13. Colts - Brown DT

I REALLY hope Brown makes it to us at 13 and we take him. I’m not a fan of going QB round 1 unless we trade back a little and still are able to get Love. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I REALLY hope Brown makes it to us at 13 and we take him. I’m not a fan of going QB round 1 unless we trade back a little and still are able to get Love. 

His 5.11s forty only helps our cause...however slight it is I’ll take it... I can see Raiders going Ruggs III instead of Epenesa...too. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I'm surprised by some of the takes here.  Leonard is a great player and you pay those guys.  The Colts will lock him up.  If he's unrealistic in his demands then they'll use the franchise tag on him, they can probably do that a couple years in a row worst case, it's not ideal and I don't expect it would come to that but it's an option when you have the cap maneuverability.
    • I don't agree with everything Ballard does but then again it's not his job to make me happy it's his job to build a roster that can compete.  And he's done that.  So I tend to cut the GM slack even when he passes on players I really like.   Colts are a true contender if Wentz can get back on track.  I think he's still got some dev to go but that's fine by me.  Also he is going to have a strong team around him which matters.  We all tend to put more on the QB than we should IMO.   I do think this season is about LT.  He has to hit on that pick.  If he doesn't it's going to make things harder on a young QB who has a lot of talent but also a lot to prove.
    • To be fair, the Colts were competitive under Grigson.    https://www.pro-football-reference.com/executives/GrigRy0.htm
    • So people want Ballard to sign good players to the roster from other teams but doesn't want to pay good players that we already have? lol.... Darius Leonard will be a Colt with a nice contract. He's deserved it and plays well. Need to keep him.
    • I'll be surprised if Radunz goes past pick 31.  And his film is really good, on par to my eye with the players I see mocked in that range.   I think Teven Jenkins is more a RT than a LT.  Also his back issue leading him to opt out is a massive concern to me.  Backs are very hard to predict.  I'd steer clear of this guy unless I wanted a RT and was very happy with his medical reports which we are not privy to.   Sewell, Slater, and Darrisaw are all outstanding but unlikely to make it to the 20s.  Eichenberg is excellent but has short arms and his own coach called him a RT.   All these things will work to put Radunz into late round 1.  Teams need tackles there just aren't enough of those big felllas.
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...