Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
danlhart87

Raiders to possibly double up WR in Round 1

Recommended Posts

Maybe, but could also make Carr look like a pro bowler too.

 

Doubt they double up regardless. That's un-Gruden. They absolutely need a WR, but they also need a slot CB as well as both MIKE and WILL in a big way. If they were trying to attract Brady, they also need iOL too. And DT also needs an upgrade.... Anyway, if I was trying to attract Brady, I'd take a WR and CB with their 2 first round picks, and an OG in the 3rd (they don't have a 2nd).

 

Since they need a slot CB in a big way, I'd package Kenny Moore in a trade for Carr.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Maybe, but could also make Carr look like a pro bowler too.

 

Doubt they double up regardless. That's un-Gruden. They absolutely need a WR, but they also need a slot CB as well as both MIKE and WILL in a big way. If they were trying to attract Brady, they also need iOL too. And DT also needs an upgrade.... Anyway, if I was trying to attract Brady, I'd take a WR and CB with their 2 first round picks, and an OG in the 3rd (they don't have a 2nd).

 

Since they need a slot CB in a big way, I'd package Kenny Moore in a trade for Carr.

 

oof. I'd hate to see Kenny go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

 

oof. I'd hate to see Kenny go. 

ya I like carr but not willing to part w one of the best members of our secondary 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

oof. I'd hate to see Kenny go. 

Me too. But I'd make that trade for Carr. LVR would probably want a 1st plus something else. 

 

Wonder if Tell could play slot corner. He lined up in slot from S a decent amount of time in college, but a little concerned about his physicality. Would likely be great in coverage, but might get dozed when tackling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Me too. But I'd make that trade for Carr. LVR would probably want a 1st plus something else. 

 

Wonder if Tell could play slot corner. He lined up in slot from S a decent amount of time in college, but a little concerned about his physicality. Would likely be great in coverage, but might get dozed when tackling.

 

I cant see Ballard parting ways with a play maker. There is a shortage of play makers in this league so idk if I could see that, and I really want Carr on this team. I'd rather give up more draft capital than to trade a proven talent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

 

I cant see Ballard parting ways with a play maker. There is a shortage of play makers in this league so idk if I could see that, and I really want Carr on this team. I'd rather give up more draft capital than to trade a proven talent. 

I'd love to keep Kenny, but I'm starting to think his 2018 was freak peak. After allowing a passer rating of only 73.3 in 2018, it went up to 102.6 in 2019. He ranked #1 in burn rate (elite) in 2018, and dropped to 44th last year. Either 2018 was a blip, or he took a year off after signing that contract lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

I'd love to keep Kenny, but I'm starting to think his 2018 was freak peak. After allowing a passer rating of only 73.3 in 2018, it went up to 102.6 in 2019. He ranked #1 in burn rate (elite) in 2018, and dropped to 44th last year. Either 2018 was a blip, or he took a year off after signing that contract lol. 

 

I felt as if the entire defense took a bit of a step back this past year. And honestly, I think it was because we let the likes of Al Woods walk in FA. After seeing the drop off, and then comparing it to when we attained Booger in 2006, it would seem the defensive tackle position is of quite a great importance in the Tampa 2, even with the subtle differences. You need above average play at that spot for the rest of the defense to flow correctly. Ballard has mentioned that positions importance. And for these reasons I have been on the Kinlaw train for the past month. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

https://heavy.com/sports/2020/02/raiders-jerry-jeudy-jalen-reagor-combine/

 

I'm betting they are doing this to attract Brady

 

The notion that the Raiders would draft WRs with their 1st two picks just to attract a 67-year old QB is some pretty good satire.  

 

The Raiders will be playing wait-and-see just like half the teams in the league.  I see the Derek Carr trade rumors and am hoping they don't include Indy.  Carr is physically limited.  You can only coach up a player so much, so why not go for bigger upside?  

'

Back to WRs, there were many who balled out at the combine and there will be plenty big-bodied prospects to go around on day 2 and even 3.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

I'm hoping with his disappointing 40 Jalen Reagor slips to 34 or 44.

I like Reagor as well. Peoples Jones really impressed at the combine along with Chase Claypool. I'd be happy with any of the 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mayock was in the booth with Rich and Daniel and he touted  Carr’s  season and said his defense is what needed improvement. He was  Very high on Carr.  He could just be raising his value too. Idk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

 

I felt as if the entire defense took a bit of a step back this past year. And honestly, I think it was because we let the likes of Al Woods walk in FA. After seeing the drop off, and then comparing it to when we attained Booger in 2006, it would seem the defensive tackle position is of quite a great importance in the Tampa 2, even with the subtle differences. You need above average play at that spot for the rest of the defense to flow correctly. Ballard has mentioned that positions importance. And for these reasons I have been on the Kinlaw train for the past month. 

I'm big on DT too and agree it would elevate the entire D, especially the secondary. I still think 2018 may have been a peak for Kenny. I also think the entire D took a step back, but IMO a lot of it had to do with the D being on the field too much, the O not getting up on teams, and  playing too far of the LOS (DBs). We blitzed less too IIRC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Maybe, but could also make Carr look like a pro bowler too.

 

Doubt they double up regardless. That's un-Gruden. They absolutely need a WR, but they also need a slot CB as well as both MIKE and WILL in a big way. If they were trying to attract Brady, they also need iOL too. And DT also needs an upgrade.... Anyway, if I was trying to attract Brady, I'd take a WR and CB with their 2 first round picks, and an OG in the 3rd (they don't have a 2nd).

 

Since they need a slot CB in a big way, I'd package Kenny Moore in a trade for Carr.

Are you crazy. You did see how bad the defense looked without him the last four weeks. He is elite. I guy that will be here a very long time. He played well this year just had bad luck with injuries. The defense runs through Moore and Leonard.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Raiders are putting out a lot of false info. They are throwing everything out there to throw everyone off. Who knows what they will do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Are you crazy. You did see how bad the defense looked without him the last four weeks. He is elite. I guy that will be here a very long time. He played well this year just had bad luck with injuries. The defense runs through Moore and Leonard.

he was not elite this year. took a step back in both grade and passer rating allowed. struggled in several games. also, only had 2 INTs, one from Rudolf IIRC and really shouldn't count lol. he was not near his 2018 form.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

he was not elite this year. took a step back in both grade and passer rating allowed. struggled in several games. also, only had 2 INTs, one from Rudolf IIRC and really shouldn't count lol. he was not near his 2018 form.

He started the season with a club on his hand. It was clear when he was out the difference in the defense. Eberflus can’t do what he wants without him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

He started the season with a club on his hand. It was clear when he was out the difference in the defense. Eberflus can’t do what he wants without him.

Players are only graded during the snaps they take, and his weekly grades (when in) just weren't close to what they were in 2018 for the most part. And sure they would look worse without him. We also looked worse when Desir was out. 

 

Not saying Kenny sucks, but he was simply not near as good in 2019 as he was in 2018. 

Eberflus will be able to do a lot more when he gets a legit 3T.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...