Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What is your opinion of Cole McDonald?

13 minutes ago, jchandler7 said:

I like McDonald, he's definitely got some intriguing stats/measurables. If we decide to go with a veteran QB via free agency I'd be happy with McDonald somewhere between 3-5 to sit for a yr or 2 and compete with Kelly. 

I think he's predicted to be a UDFA/PS with a 5.4 grade, so not really a need to use a 3rd through 5th. He's got some funky mechanics so I really doubt he goes before 7. 

6 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I think he's predicted to be a UDFA/PS with a 5.4 grade, so not really a need to use a 3rd through 5th. He's got some funky mechanics so I really doubt he goes before 7. 

I agree that 3-5 is probably too high, however, I would take that bet that somebody takes him before the 7th round. His combine numbers were excellent. He had the 3rd best combine stats behind only Love & Herbert. He is also listed as a top 5 combine winner amongst the QB group. McDonald threw for 8,032 yards with 70 TD's and only 24 INT's at Hawaii. Those are very impressive numbers. I know he's not coming from an NFL system and his numbers didn't come against elite talent but the kid still checks alot of the boxes. Hes a low risk, high reward developmental QB IMO.