Indianapolis Colts
coltsfan40

Colts interested if Eric Berry comes out of Retirement. [merge]

19 minutes ago, coltsfan40 said:

Eric Berry coming to colts -

This wouldn’t surprise me. A veteran guy. He said he took a year off on purpose. But who they going to let go. I like our safety group. It’s actually one of the strongest groups on the team.  Although it wouldn’t surprise me I don’t see it. Odum has been pretty good and you would cut him. Nah this isn’t happening.

1 minute ago, PeterBowman said:

who said that? Would be interesting. 

Well I just got the notification from NFL network that he's expected to join Colts. 

• Haha 1

I forgot about Geathers. That means he would be gone. Geathers is a captain though so not sure how much more veteran leadership Betty would bring. He clearly wouldn’t be the starter. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

So that story wasn’t just a bunch of connecting the dots. Sounds like that this actually has merit.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

This wouldn’t surprise me. A veteran guy. He said he took a year off on purpose. But who they going to let go. I like our safety group. It’s actually one of the strongest groups on the team.  Although it wouldn’t surprise me I don’t see it. Odum has been pretty good and you would cut him. Nah this isn’t happening.

Let him compete and cut the loser. That’s a plus if Geathers and Berry are signed for back up roles and we pick the best of the group to start the season. Berry isn’t the 2016 guy anymore. My expectations would be minimal. 

man.

I'm only interested in getting one retired guy 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

I forget names guy that runs show after good morning football with big ears. He was asked how did u get info and he stated Houston and other chiefs !!

Being that he is already a free agent, does that mean Berry could be signed right now, without having to wait for free agency?  That’s how I understand that it works for already unrestricted free agents, that they are free to sign at any time, thereby getting a jump on the wide open free agency period. 

2 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Being that he is already a free agent, does that mean Berry could be signed right now, without having to wait for free agency?  That’s how I understand that it works for already unrestricted free agents.  

Yeah, he can sign now.

• Like 1

He's also linked to the Browns (Dorsey). While I think the scenario is possible, doubt it's close.

I like Berry and would take him in a heartbeat if healthy. Shouldn't cost a bunch. He tried to come back too soon IMO. The talking said his "new" tape looks great, and the ankle/heel is good. 

If they do bring him on, hope the contract is highly linked to availability and game checks.

• Like 1

Welp, I’d be all for this, then.  If he’s physically back, he could be a very effective, experienced field general back there.  There’s been plenty of safeties over the years that were quite fantastic well into their 30s. 

Maybe this would push hooker to be better or give him someone to learn from to reach his potential 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Welp, I’d be all for this, then.  If he’s physically back, he could be a very effective, experienced field general back there.  There’s been plenty of safeties over the years that were quite fantastic well into their 30s. 

Look no further than Antoine Bethea with the Giants last year.  Age 35. 

• Like 2

He never did actually retire. Just wanted to be fully healthy for when he did come back. I love Eric Berry as both a player and as a person, however; not sure why he would want to come her to be our 3rd safety. 

Would he start over Willis?? 

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

Look no further than Antoine Bethea with the Giants last year.  Age 35. 

Indeed ... and Berry was, pre injury, quite a bit more elite than Bethea ever was. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Colts1324 said:

He never did actually retire. Just wanted to be fully healthy for when he did come back. I love Eric Berry as both a player and as a person, however; not sure why he would want to come her to be our 3rd safety. 

Would he start over Willis?? 

Seriously? No way.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

He's also linked to the Browns (Dorsey). While I think the scenario is possible, doubt it's close.

I like Berry and would take him in a heartbeat if healthy. Shouldn't cost a bunch. He tried to come back too soon IMO. The talking said his "new" tape looks great, and the ankle/heel is good. 

If they do bring him on, hope the contract is highly linked to availability and game checks.

Dorsey has left the building.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hope his new tape looks good, my last memories of him are not good whatsoever. Once they got Tyrann Mathieu for Eric Berry, a lot of things changed for the Chiefs. 

A cheap 1-year deal, what could go wrong? We were never contending for a SB this year anyways. I am far less thrilled. :dunno:

I haven't ready any of the articles, nor watched any of the videos.  But my base reaction is:  "Eric Berry wants to play for the Colts" and "Colts are offering Eric Berry a contract" are very different.

I'll wait until the 2nd statement happens, thanks.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

I haven't ready any of the articles, nor watched any of the videos.  But my base reaction is:  "Eric Berry wants to play for the Colts" and "Colts are offering Eric Berry a contract" are very different.

I'll wait until the 2nd statement happens, thanks.

Yep. Images of Levon Bell tweeting about wanting to come to Colts come to mind.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I’m all for this. Always been a Berry fan, and I’m confident we could find a way to use him effectively. 

1 hour ago, Superman said:

Big name veteran FA. Box checked. Ballard is done.

WE ALL IN ON BERRY YALL!!!!!!

• Like 2

Not sure how much Id like this. Berry's talent is not in question, however he has dealt with a lot injuries and hasn't played in over a year.

23 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

Dorsey has left the building.

Rumor was he was talking to the Browns last year (because of the Dorsey connection), was close, and Saganey and Kovash loved him. Those guys are both still there. They said on NFL.com he still has a "bridge" there, or whatever that means.

5 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Not sure how much Id like this. Berry's talent is not in question, however he has dealt with a lot injuries and hasn't played in over a year.

And Andrew Luck? Would you want the Colts to sign luck considering he hasn't played either?