Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts interested if Eric Berry comes out of Retirement. [merge]

coltsfan40

19 minutes ago, coltsfan40 said:

Eric Berry coming to colts -

This wouldn’t surprise me. A veteran guy. He said he took a year off on purpose. But who they going to let go. I like our safety group. It’s actually one of the strongest groups on the team.  Although it wouldn’t surprise me I don’t see it. Odum has been pretty good and you would cut him. Nah this isn’t happening.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

This wouldn’t surprise me. A veteran guy. He said he took a year off on purpose. But who they going to let go. I like our safety group. It’s actually one of the strongest groups on the team.  Although it wouldn’t surprise me I don’t see it. Odum has been pretty good and you would cut him. Nah this isn’t happening.

Let him compete and cut the loser. That’s a plus if Geathers and Berry are signed for back up roles and we pick the best of the group to start the season. Berry isn’t the 2016 guy anymore. My expectations would be minimal. 

Being that he is already a free agent, does that mean Berry could be signed right now, without having to wait for free agency?  That’s how I understand that it works for already unrestricted free agents, that they are free to sign at any time, thereby getting a jump on the wide open free agency period. 

2 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Being that he is already a free agent, does that mean Berry could be signed right now, without having to wait for free agency?  That’s how I understand that it works for already unrestricted free agents.  

Yeah, he can sign now.

• Like 1

He's also linked to the Browns (Dorsey). While I think the scenario is possible, doubt it's close.

I like Berry and would take him in a heartbeat if healthy. Shouldn't cost a bunch. He tried to come back too soon IMO. The talking said his "new" tape looks great, and the ankle/heel is good. 

If they do bring him on, hope the contract is highly linked to availability and game checks.

• Like 1

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/28/eric-berry-wants-to-come-back-colts-could-be-interested/

Former Chiefs safety Eric Berry has made noises about wanting to play again,

and someone might be listening.

According to Jim Trotter of NFL Network,

the Colts have emerged as a possible landing spot for the former All-Pro...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Welp, I’d be all for this, then.  If he’s physically back, he could be a very effective, experienced field general back there.  There’s been plenty of safeties over the years that were quite fantastic well into their 30s. 

Look no further than Antoine Bethea with the Giants last year.  Age 35. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

He's also linked to the Browns (Dorsey). While I think the scenario is possible, doubt it's close.

I like Berry and would take him in a heartbeat if healthy. Shouldn't cost a bunch. He tried to come back too soon IMO. The talking said his "new" tape looks great, and the ankle/heel is good. 

If they do bring him on, hope the contract is highly linked to availability and game checks.

Dorsey has left the building.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hope his new tape looks good, my last memories of him are not good whatsoever. Once they got Tyrann Mathieu for Eric Berry, a lot of things changed for the Chiefs. 

A cheap 1-year deal, what could go wrong? We were never contending for a SB this year anyways. I am far less thrilled. :dunno:

• 21isSuperman changed the title to Colts interested if Eric Berry comes out of Retirement. [merge]
10 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

I haven't ready any of the articles, nor watched any of the videos.  But my base reaction is:  "Eric Berry wants to play for the Colts" and "Colts are offering Eric Berry a contract" are very different.

I'll wait until the 2nd statement happens, thanks.

Yep. Images of Levon Bell tweeting about wanting to come to Colts come to mind.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

Dorsey has left the building.

Rumor was he was talking to the Browns last year (because of the Dorsey connection), was close, and Saganey and Kovash loved him. Those guys are both still there. They said on NFL.com he still has a "bridge" there, or whatever that means.