Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
EastStreet

Poll - Teams that will draft a QB?

Poll - Teams that will draft a QB?  

31 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What teams ahead of us will take a QB in the draft? (select all that apply)

2. 2. What teams behind us will jump into the top 12 for a QB? (select all that aply)

• Bucs
    • Broncos
    • Falcons
    • Cowboys
    • Steelers
    • Bears
    • Rams
    • Eagles
    • Bills
    • Pats
    • Saints
    • Vikes
    • Texans
    • Seahawks
    • Ravens
    • Titans
    • Packers
    • 49ers
    • Chiefs
    • None
  3. 3. What will the Colts Do?

• Move up and take a QB
    • Take a QB at 13
    • Take a QB after 13 but before the end of round 2
    • Take a QB after the 2nd round
    • Won't take a QB in the draft, but will address in FA
    • Won't take a QB in the draft or FA (stand pat)

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/29/2020 at 10:32 AM

With all the over-reaction of QBs rising and falling, and news of FAs, though I'd get everyone's thoughts on teams that will be in the market for a QB.

If you have predictions on where some FAs end up, therefore taking teams out of the QB draft space, please feel free to share.

I think we will make a small move up for QB (to 11 with the Jets or 8with Cardinals) or stay at 13 and pick BPA.

• Like 1

Ok, got to read the question first....:facepalm: I want to take back my two votes for Saints and Pats to jump into the top 12. Didn't read the question correctly :headspin:

• Like 1

I think the thing that has the biggest effect on both what the Colts will do, and what teams behind us will do, is the shear number of free agent veteran quarterbacks that are on the open market at the same time.  It puts the question to every team: do you roll the dice on the unknowns in a rookie QB that rates 2nd round or worse, or do you work with what you have already seen in a veteran free agent quarterback?

In shorthand:  do you draft Jake Fromm or do you sign Teddy Bridgewater?

I voted move up, only because I think that there is a good possibility that Tua is going to be cleared.  And if Burrow pulls an Eli . (which I dont think he will) there would be 2 QB's that would be available in Tua/Burrows . or Herbert.  

The 4 teams that are ahead of Miami, only one needs a QB and the others are NFC teams so I like the idea of trading to NFC teams a lot more than adding draft picks to AFC side.

I 'm hoping Ballard makes the trade earlier than later and if for some reason the guy they want falls he might get an even better trade out to trade back again.

I think they sign Rivers, and because of that, won't move up (taking a QB at 13). If they move up, it will be a small move like @stitches mentions, and because they've done due diligence and believe LVR will take a QB. I don't think LVR will take a QB though (Gruden's comments yesterday), so that's why I think we don't move up. To me, LVR would make a move for Brady, but not drop Carr for a rook.

I don't see any teams jumping us either. Saints likely won't with Brees coming back, and given their recent comments on Hill. I don't see the Pats making a big jump like that even if Brady leaves (that would be un-Belichick like). The Bucs, maybe, but I think Winston gets one more year.. And if they do make a move, it would be a FA. And then you have to consider Brady and Bridgewater may displace existing starters on some teams, adding to other QBs on the market. 

In short, we get Love (or Herbert) at 13, or 11.