Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
TimetobringDfence!

Offseason Dreaming.

Recommended Posts

We pick up FAs DE Clowney and CB Roby or Bradburry. Draft Kinclaw, QB Gordon or Fromm, WR Claypool, and best talent available after that. Oh and find a way to trade away Brissett and get rid of Hoyer. Let Kelly and our Drafted QB battle it out to start.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Clowney is grossly overrated

Depends what you call overrated. 8-10 sacks a year and an elite run-stopper is fine with me. :thmup:

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Id like a starting D.   Houston-Autry-Kinclaw-Clowney. Okereke-Walker-Leonard. Roby-Hooker-Willis-Desir. Moore for Nickle

Replace Roby with Damon Arnette in the 2nd round and you have my exact sentiments.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Don't forget Leonard Williams is a FA too. 

My aunt is a Jets fan, so I know them well, and Leonard Williams is absolutely terrible. He's an average run-stopper with no pass-rush ability that did nothing after getting traded to the Giants. Absolute bust at this point.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Depends what you call overrated. 8-10 sacks a year and an elite run-stopper is fine with me. :thmup:


Do you know how many sacks Clowney had this year?    I believe the number is 3.

 

Do you know how many seasons Clowney has had 10 sacks?   I believe that number is...   0.   As in zero.

 

Are you ready to pay a minimum if 5/100 for that?   How about 6/120?   It may take that much.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:


Do you know how many sacks Clowney had this year?    I believe the number is 3.

 

Do you know how many seasons Clowney has had 10 sacks?   I believe that number is...   0.   As in zero.

 

Are you ready to pay a minimum if 5/100 for that?   How about 6/120?   It may take that much.

2017 he had 9.5 sacks. 2018 he had 9. He had an off year last year. He is an elite run stopper as well. I would give him 5/100 yes. Probably not 6/120. Everyone overpays in FA and he's 27 years old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trade for Carr. Keep Brissett and Kelly as back ups.  Sign Ngakoue. Draft Kinlaw.  Take 2 WRs in the draft.  Sign Austin Hooper. Sign Byron Jones. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My off season dream is 

 

Upgrade QB (draft or FA) 

Get a legit 3T (draft or FA)

 

Everything else is gravy. If I can add gravy, I'd take an OT somewhat early, I'd replace both Funch and Ebron with Chase Claypool, take thumper AJ Dillon late, a speedy project CB from a small school, and a late round speed WR from a small school.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

2017 he had 9.5 sacks. 2018 he had 9. He had an off year last year. He is an elite run stopper as well. I would give him 5/100 yes. Probably not 6/120. Everyone overpays in FA and he's 27 years old.

Two good years.    Two good years out of six.    The other four years are nothing special.

 

I’m not saying JC is a bad player, but he rarely gives you your money’s worth.  I think he’s far more reputation than he is substance.   He doesn’t strike me as a Ballard type signing,  but you may be right.   Players of his caliber rarely get on the market, so maybe we go after him?  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Two good years.    Two good years out of six.    The other four years are nothing special.

 

I’m not saying JC is a bad player, but he rarely gives you your money’s worth.  I think he’s far more reputation than he is substance.   He doesn’t strike me as a Ballard type signing,  but you may be right.   Players of his caliber rarely get on the market, so maybe we go after him?  

There was a cbssports article today that said the Colts and Giants are interested in Clowney. So it very well may happen.

 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jadeveon-clowney-free-agency-2020-giants-and-colts-could-have-interest-per-report/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Trade for Carr. Keep Brissett and Kelly as back ups.  Sign Ngakoue. Draft Kinlaw.  Take 2 WRs in the draft.  Sign Austin Hooper. Sign Byron Jones.

Pipe dream but I love it. I would also like to add a big move the chains type RB via the draft or FA. I like our trio but it would be nice to have another Robert Turbin type RB that almost always guaranteed us a 1st down every time we only needed 1 or 2 yards.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

My off season dream is 

 

Upgrade QB (draft or FA) 

Get a legit 3T (draft or FA)

 

Everything else is gravy. If I can add gravy, I'd take an OT somewhat early, I'd replace both Funch and Ebron with Chase Claypool, take thumper AJ Dillon late, a speedy project CB from a small school, and a late round speed WR from a small school.

Yes, I agree it's mine to. I still think we get Rivers and draft a QB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:


Do you know how many sacks Clowney had this year?    I believe the number is 3.

 

Do you know how many seasons Clowney has had 10 sacks?   I believe that number is...   0.   As in zero.

 

Are you ready to pay a minimum if 5/100 for that?   How about 6/120?   It may take that much.

Well said. Clowney is a good player but is overrated. Hopefully the Colts pass on this opportunity. Instead, how about Ngokoue and Austin Hooper for off season pickups; draft Love and a top WR along with a 3T with the first 3 picks, and its off to the races!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, superrep1967 said:

Yes, I agree it's mine to. I still think we get Rivers and draft a QB. 

If we get Rivers, an idea I’m vehemently against, it definitely signals that JB and Hoyer is gone. It could mean that we draft another QB or allows a safety net to allow Kelly to attempt to win the job but if he still has more growing to do, the team feels safe with a Rivers type guy. I just don’t see Rivers (@25 million+) a good solution and I don’t feel as he is a mentoring type team player. As nauseated as I would be seeing him, I’d much rather add Brady as a 1 year gap and mentor to the new QB of the future. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clowney, definitely overrated and gets injured a lot. Match Ynagouke's franchise offer and you'll have a dominant D-line with drafting Kinlaw or Gallimore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • LOL, this thread to a huge turn off topic....   Back on topic (Blackmon being a good run defender).....   If you watch any of his games, you know he's a great run defender. I'd recommend staring with the 2019 PAC12 Championship game vs Oregon. The very first play, Blackmon levels the WR who catches the ball behind the LOS...., and I mean totally Mack Truck's him. Poor guy is laying on the ground holding his ribs. I've linked it below, timed right before the play for ease...   It's why I say, to me, he projects as a well rounded stud SS, not a FS. If you watch the game (I've watched 4 of his games thus far) or others, he's clearly better playing closer the LOS than he is roaming/lurking, or covering deep. He was moved to S after some pretty bad years at CB. And add in the fact that Utah's D is one of the most "man" oriented Ds (very unlike the zone we play), to me personally, everything screams SS.    
    • I love Arians making it but hate Brady making it. As long as colts are there(and win). I’d be stoked!
    • I look at AVG honestly most of all. The Colts were top 10 in AVG (lowest average gain per rush).   I'm familiar with what DVOA is, and follow FO frequently. I'd point out that they ranked the Colts 4th in rush D DVOA in 2018, while rating the pass D 20th.    In 2019, given our anemic O, soft zone D, and success against the run (both past and present), why wouldn't everyone throw more against us lol...    In short, rationally, you don't go from 4th to 19th in a year without substantial injury or personnel turnover. We only fell from 6th to 9th in AVG from 2018 to 2019. This is why I say take it with a grain of salt.
    • LOVE THE OPTIMISM! And here I thought I was being bold by predicting the Colts going 12-4.
    • First five(5) carries, Taylor will eclipse 100 yds easy.
  • Members

    • Blindside

      Blindside 33

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • #ThisRide

      #ThisRide 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • PrincetonTiger

      PrincetonTiger 10,389

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ColtsGermany

      ColtsGermany 253

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Hoose

      Hoose 1,122

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Cynjin

      Cynjin 2,975

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • SteelCityColt

      SteelCityColt 8,470

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • MPStack

      MPStack 4,103

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Nadine

      Nadine 8,552

      Administrators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • cdgacoltsfan

      cdgacoltsfan 534

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...