Indianapolis Colts
TimetobringDfence!

Offseason Dreaming.

We pick up FAs DE Clowney and CB Roby or Bradburry. Draft Kinclaw, QB Gordon or Fromm, WR Claypool, and best talent available after that. Oh and find a way to trade away Brissett and get rid of Hoyer. Let Kelly and our Drafted QB battle it out to start.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Clowney is grossly overrated

Depends what you call overrated. 8-10 sacks a year and an elite run-stopper is fine with me. :thmup:

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Id like a starting D.   Houston-Autry-Kinclaw-Clowney. Okereke-Walker-Leonard. Roby-Hooker-Willis-Desir. Moore for Nickle

Replace Roby with Damon Arnette in the 2nd round and you have my exact sentiments.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Don't forget Leonard Williams is a FA too. 

My aunt is a Jets fan, so I know them well, and Leonard Williams is absolutely terrible. He's an average run-stopper with no pass-rush ability that did nothing after getting traded to the Giants. Absolute bust at this point.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Depends what you call overrated. 8-10 sacks a year and an elite run-stopper is fine with me. :thmup:

Do you know how many sacks Clowney had this year?    I believe the number is 3.

Do you know how many seasons Clowney has had 10 sacks?   I believe that number is...   0.   As in zero.

Are you ready to pay a minimum if 5/100 for that?   How about 6/120?   It may take that much.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Do you know how many seasons Clowney has had 10 sacks?   I believe that number is...   0.   As in zero.

Are you ready to pay a minimum if 5/100 for that?   How about 6/120?   It may take that much.

2017 he had 9.5 sacks. 2018 he had 9. He had an off year last year. He is an elite run stopper as well. I would give him 5/100 yes. Probably not 6/120. Everyone overpays in FA and he's 27 years old.

Trade for Carr. Keep Brissett and Kelly as back ups.  Sign Ngakoue. Draft Kinlaw.  Take 2 WRs in the draft.  Sign Austin Hooper. Sign Byron Jones. 

• Like 1

My off season dream is 

Upgrade QB (draft or FA) 

Get a legit 3T (draft or FA)

Everything else is gravy. If I can add gravy, I'd take an OT somewhat early, I'd replace both Funch and Ebron with Chase Claypool, take thumper AJ Dillon late, a speedy project CB from a small school, and a late round speed WR from a small school.

32 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

2017 he had 9.5 sacks. 2018 he had 9. He had an off year last year. He is an elite run stopper as well. I would give him 5/100 yes. Probably not 6/120. Everyone overpays in FA and he's 27 years old.

Two good years.    Two good years out of six.    The other four years are nothing special.

I’m not saying JC is a bad player, but he rarely gives you your money’s worth.  I think he’s far more reputation than he is substance.   He doesn’t strike me as a Ballard type signing,  but you may be right.   Players of his caliber rarely get on the market, so maybe we go after him?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Two good years.    Two good years out of six.    The other four years are nothing special.

I’m not saying JC is a bad player, but he rarely gives you your money’s worth.  I think he’s far more reputation than he is substance.   He doesn’t strike me as a Ballard type signing,  but you may be right.   Players of his caliber rarely get on the market, so maybe we go after him?  

There was a cbssports article today that said the Colts and Giants are interested in Clowney. So it very well may happen.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jadeveon-clowney-free-agency-2020-giants-and-colts-could-have-interest-per-report/

14 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Trade for Carr. Keep Brissett and Kelly as back ups.  Sign Ngakoue. Draft Kinlaw.  Take 2 WRs in the draft.  Sign Austin Hooper. Sign Byron Jones.

Pipe dream but I love it. I would also like to add a big move the chains type RB via the draft or FA. I like our trio but it would be nice to have another Robert Turbin type RB that almost always guaranteed us a 1st down every time we only needed 1 or 2 yards.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

My off season dream is 

Upgrade QB (draft or FA) 

Get a legit 3T (draft or FA)

Everything else is gravy. If I can add gravy, I'd take an OT somewhat early, I'd replace both Funch and Ebron with Chase Claypool, take thumper AJ Dillon late, a speedy project CB from a small school, and a late round speed WR from a small school.

Yes, I agree it's mine to. I still think we get Rivers and draft a QB. 

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well said. Clowney is a good player but is overrated. Hopefully the Colts pass on this opportunity. Instead, how about Ngokoue and Austin Hooper for off season pickups; draft Love and a top WR along with a 3T with the first 3 picks, and its off to the races!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, superrep1967 said:

Yes, I agree it's mine to. I still think we get Rivers and draft a QB. 

If we get Rivers, an idea I’m vehemently against, it definitely signals that JB and Hoyer is gone. It could mean that we draft another QB or allows a safety net to allow Kelly to attempt to win the job but if he still has more growing to do, the team feels safe with a Rivers type guy. I just don’t see Rivers (@25 million+) a good solution and I don’t feel as he is a mentoring type team player. As nauseated as I would be seeing him, I’d much rather add Brady as a 1 year gap and mentor to the new QB of the future. 

Clowney, definitely overrated and gets injured a lot. Match Ynagouke's franchise offer and you'll have a dominant D-line with drafting Kinlaw or Gallimore.