Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I like Claypool

On 2/27/2020 at 5:55 PM, TimetobringDfence! said:

Fair points, I guess Im off. But we never seem to have a bigger possession type that stays healthy. Wayne was our last good possession WR. But I want a bigger guy is all. We just seemed to have relatively small wideouts starting last year. I know injuries were a factor.

To be fair, a classic Grigson Gaffe was Philip Dorsett (5'10, 185) in 2015.  A reach at #29 and at that time not a position of need, Dorsett was a bust until, of course, he went to New England and became relevant.  Dorsett had a stellar combine that year and I secretly wanted him, but not at 29.  Grigson was like a kid that "saw something shiny" and forgot about conventional wisdom.  Brutal.  

On 2/27/2020 at 8:23 PM, EastStreet said:

Running a 4.42 at 6-4 and 238lbs is simply obscene. His draft stock is about to rise in a big way.

He would be a good replacement for both Ebron and Funchess. 

I would love to grab him and Albert O, those 2 on the field at the same time would be a mismatch dream for us

• Like 1

Just now, EastStreet said:

I'm down with that so long as we upgrade QB.

I just did a mock with a QB in round 1, Tua had dropped to 13

13 Tua Tagovailoa, QB

34 Raekwon Davis, IDL

44 Lloyd Cushenberry III, IOL

75 Saahdiq Charles, OT

112 Chase Claypool, WR

142 Albert Okwuegbunam, TE

173 Tyler Johnson WR

191 A.J. Dillon, RB

204 Geno Stone, S

Obviously i think Chase and Albert will go earlier than this, but i would love this draft

• Like 2

Claypool was also one of best gunners in college football last season — which isn’t surprising given his size/speed.

Obviously you’re not drafting him in the second or third round based on his teams ability, but it’s definitely an added benefit that boosts his floor.

1 minute ago, BSteph1 said:

Claypool was also one of best gunners in college football last season — which isn’t surprising given his size/speed.

Obviously you’re not drafting him in the second or third round based on his teams ability, but it’s definitely an added benefit that boosts his floor.

Yup, awesome STer. It just raises his floor a bunch. He can plug right in on day one on STs. On top of that, he blocks his butt off, so he's pretty void of risk, and full of value.