Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Recommended Posts

Man is naird go

5 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

32 TD / 6 INTs is not getting away with poor throws.  You don't luck your into being considered by NFL teams in the draft.   Com'on...  

 

Now about the you're overall view on Love and being a guy that elevates the team around him.  This is a true concept to an extent.  But any QB, at least at the collegiate level can only do so much.  He can't make the line block for him and he can't make receivers get open.  Yet that's what he was forced to work with last year.  As time goes along, more and more NFL evaluators are saying this.  Well, first tehy say that you have to view each interception independently from the others if you're going to understand how/why it was intercepted.  Then they say that Love was having to compensate for poor separation by his receivers and forcing a lot fo throws.  So it's, throw it if he's open, but if he's not, make a play.  Now you throw in the game sitaution of being down 28 with 10 minutes in the 4th quarter.  Can't take the sack, running wastes too much time...make a play.  

 

So yeah, on some level, I look at Love and, yeah, he threw the interception.  His fault.  But your characterization of Love is just not a fair one, because it's impossible to be able to judge that because we can't see the whole field (assuming you watched any film in the first place, and if you didn't, you shouldn't even be making this opinion).  But even if it's not wholly wrong, it's also not wholly correct.  We can disagree whether he's a 1st round talent, that's fair.

Yes, u can blame the lack of talent and coaching to a degree. However, he went from a one read offence in 2018 to a system where more responsibilities were put on his shoulders. Therefore,  the increase in  interceptions.   Blaming his team mates and coaches is unfair to them. I do find it amusing that people r willing to give Love a pass on 2019 , however those same people jump all over Brissett when his reciever core was decimated by injury. Oh and please dont think I am a Brissett apologist. I just find it hyporlcrtical.  Love is the shiny toy.  The Mahommes look a like. This a is a huge draft for Ballard and Reich.  If they draft a qb high  they better get it right. Their jobs r on the line no matter how much faith Irsay says he has in the both of him.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

 However, he went from a one read offence in 2018 to a system where more responsibilities were put on his shoulders. 

What is the evidence you have to support this accusation which your entire claim is based?

 

I ask, because your point is trash if it is false. So support it with actual facts.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Gigc said:

Not sure the question of whether they guys were stars is relevant. From what I read, his team lost 11 of 12 starters AND had a new head coach.

that's a lot of change.

Since I quoted you, I believe you said that he was only good in 2018 because of his surrounding cast more so. If I tagged you incorrectly, I apologize. I was just pointing out while he may have had some good guys on his team, and they may have left that following season, none of his supporting cast appeared to make it in the nfl so how good was the 2018 talent that helped make him good that season? 
 

the question is why didn’t he adapt to the new system, coaching, scheme and was his new teammates so poor that he couldn’t overcome such a dip in talent on the 2019 team? Idk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2020 at 11:46 PM, danlhart87 said:

Love is a big risk but has a much higher ceiling. 

Love tested very well

 

I think there is a very high likelihood that he goes in top 10

 

I think the top 4 QBs will ALL be gone before we pick 

 

Do we give up a 2nd to position ourselves? ..... maybe.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please I beg everybody. Stop this about trading up. I know all this is fun and exciting to a lot of fans, however no one on here should really want a trade up scenario, when there are so many really good players of need where we will be picking. Let the other teams be the fools here, we stay the course and no way do I believe the Colts trade up for one of these QBs. These QBs are not "Generational talent" QBs. That right there is why you don't trade up, nor will any of these QBs help the team right away. There is another reason why you don't package picks of value to do this. Everything will be fine, let it play out in a logical and rational manner. 

 

This has been a public service announcement, thank you...lmao

44 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Love tested very well

 

I think there is a very high likelihood that he goes in top 10

 

I think the top 4 QBs will ALL be gone before we pick 

 

Do we give up a 2nd to position ourselves? ..... maybe.......

No.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Please I beg everybody. Stop this about trading up. I know all this is fun and exciting to a lot of fans, however no one on here should really want a trade up scenario, when there are so many really good players of need where we will be picking. Let the other teams be the fools here, we stay the course and no way do I believe the Colts trade up for one of these QBs. These QBs are not "Generational talent" QBs. That right there is why you don't trade up, nor will any of these QBs help the team right away. There is another reason why you don't package picks of value to do this. Everything will be fine, let it play out in a logical and rational manner. 

 

This has been a public service announcement, thank you...lmao

No.

Many said things like "he's a second or third round talent", and "he's a system guy"...

 

About Mahomes.  Not saying Love is Mahomes, but they said the same exact things about him. If I had a dime for every time they said "system" or "product of air raid", I'd be a gazillionaire. Good thing they ignored most and traded up to 10... 

 

Here's what his NFL.com draft profile said about him, and it was one of the kinder evaluations.

Quote

 

WEAKNESSES

 Can be inconsistent in his approach. Needs to play inside the offense and show more discipline. Too eager to go big game hunting. Ravenous appetite for the explosive play can also bring unwanted trouble. Willingness to default to playground style appears to limit his ability to get into a consistent rhythm. Needs to improve anticipatory reads and learn to take what the defense gives him. Decision making can go from good to bad in a moment's notice. Operates from a narrow base and allows his upper body and arm to race ahead of his feet. Has a dip and wind-up in his standard release. Explosive delivery and follow-through causes some throws to sail. Needs better touch on intermediate and deep balls. Carries ball a little low in the pocket. Impatient. Will leave pocket prematurely rather than standing in and winning in rhythm. Better as a scrambler than pure runner. Looked a little less mobile in the open field this season.

DRAFT PROJECTION

 Round 1-2

SOURCES TELL US

 "He's got a great arm, big balls and he's mobile. He is going to drive his head coach crazy for the first couple of years and there is no getting around that. If it clicks for him and he's coachable, I think he could become a special quarterback." - NFC executive

NFL COMPARISON

 Jay Cutler

BOTTOM LINE

 Mahomes is a big, confident quarterback who brings a variety of physical tools to the party, but he's developed some bad habits and doesn't have a very repeatable process as a passer. Mahomes' ability to improvise and extend plays can lead to big plays for his offense, but he will have to prove he can operate with better anticipation and be willing to take what the defense gives him in order to win from the pocket. Mahomes will be a work in progress, but he's a high ceiling, low floor prospect.

 

 

Does the bolded above sound familiar at all?

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Dallas could lose Amari Cooper. He has a relationship with our new WR coach. They might lose Jones too and he has a relationship with Eberflus. Pick those two guys up and add a guy like Shelby Harris and we are instantly better.  Or a guy like Clowney who is a nice replacement for Sheard.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Looks like Dallas could lose Amari Cooper. He has a relationship with our new WR coach. They might lose Jones too and he has a relationship with Eberflus. Pick those two guys up and add a guy like Shelby Harris and we are instantly better.  Or a guy like Clowney who is a nice replacement for Sheard.

No doubt.  And if you throw in a FA QB Ballard and the Colts will be the talk of the league.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

No doubt.  And if you throw in a FA QB Ballard and the Colts will be the talk of the league.

As long as we draft the future to learn from that FA QB. Especially if it’s Rivers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Looks like Dallas could lose Amari Cooper. He has a relationship with our new WR coach. They might lose Jones too and he has a relationship with Eberflus. Pick those two guys up and add a guy like Shelby Harris and we are instantly better.  Or a guy like Clowney who is a nice replacement for Sheard.

 

Dallas paid a heavy price in draft picks to get Cooper.  Hard for me to see them letting him go.

 

And unless Cooper and Jones' relationship with current Indy coaches also includes making each the among the highest paid at their respective position, those relationships mean virtually nothing.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Many said things like "he's a second or third round talent", and "he's a system guy"...

 

About Mahomes.  Not saying Love is Mahomes, but they said the same exact things about him. If I had a dime for every time they said "system" or "product of air raid", I'd be a gazillionaire. Good thing they ignored most and traded up to 10... 

 

Here's what his NFL.com draft profile said about him, and it was one of the kinder evaluations.

 

Does the bolded above sound familiar at all?

I know my take isn't popular. Some QBs turn out great or above great and some turn out not. Luck as example was a 100% consensus generational talent. My point is no one ever knows, it's a gamble on all QBs. I'm just in the camp not to gamble on maybes and possibilities when the player pool has positional needs this team also really needs this year that don't seem to carry so much of a gamble rate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Looks like Dallas could lose Amari Cooper. He has a relationship with our new WR coach. They might lose Jones too and he has a relationship with Eberflus. Pick those two guys up and add a guy like Shelby Harris and we are instantly better.  Or a guy like Clowney who is a nice replacement for Sheard.

The only relationships that matter for NFL players are those with Benjamin Franklin, Alexander Hamilton, et al.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Indeee said:

I know my take isn't popular. Some QBs turn out great or above great and some turn out not. Luck as example was a 100% consensus generational talent. My point is no one ever knows, it's a gamble on all QBs. I'm just in the camp not to gamble on maybes and possibilities when the player pool has positional needs this team also really needs this year that don't seem to carry so much of a gamble rate

Bust to Pro Bowl differential is actually worse for DL and WR, which are both two of positional needs aside from QB. 

 

Also, a first round QB (42.1%) has a higher Pro Bowl rate/% than DL (30.6%), WR (30.3%), and OT (36.9%). All three do have lower bust rates, but still, a lower success rate as well (meaning a lot more mediocre). 

 

All picks are gambles. QB is less of a gamble in a lot of respects than our other needs if you're looking for a Pro Bowl type talent. 

 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2441018-which-positions-are-the-safest-riskiest-at-the-top-of-the-nfl-draft

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

The only relationships that matter for NFL players are those with Benjamin Franklin, Alexander Hamilton, et al.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Bust to Pro Bowl differential is actually worse for DL and WR, which are both two of positional needs aside from QB. 

 

Also, a first round QB (42.1%) has a higher Pro Bowl rate/% than DL (30.6%), WR (30.3%), and OT (36.9%). All three do have lower bust rates, but still, a lower success rate as well (meaning a lot more mediocre). 

 

All picks are gambles. QB is less of a gamble in a lot of respects than our other needs if you're looking for a Pro Bowl type talent. 

 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2441018-which-positions-are-the-safest-riskiest-at-the-top-of-the-nfl-draft

We shall see. I know I just wouldn't package picks to move up, but I don't control that. If they do, they do. I just wouldn't. I also believe their are teams no one is talking about that could want to move up and if that is the case, the price to do so might become to steep. I wouldn't count out the Bucs, Vikings, Patriots, Titans, and Raiders(based on multiple first rounders) who would take a shot to get ahead of the Colts, all potentially wanting QBs. The Steelers may not have what it takes to get into early first round, but don't count them out from drafting a QB in the second round either.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

As long as we draft the future to learn from that FA QB. Especially if it’s Rivers.

I think if we sign all of the FAs you mentioned and Rivers than the likelihood of trading up for Love increases significantly.  Ballard would have filled all of the rosters major holes in FA so he could afford the picks necessary to move up even a future pick if necessary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don’t think ballard will go after a cooper in FA with the depth of this draft class.  It’s just interesting we do have a guy on the coaching staff that maybe could help get a guy like that here if we did want him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Indeee said:

We shall see. I know I just wouldn't package picks to move up, but I don't control that. If they do, they do. I just wouldn't. I also believe their are teams no one is talking about that could want to move up and if that is the case, the price to do so might become to steep. I wouldn't count out the Bucs, Vikings, Patriots, Titans, and Raiders(based on multiple first rounders) who would take a shot to get ahead of the Colts, all potentially wanting QBs. The Steelers may not have what it takes to get into early first round, but don't count them out from drafting a QB in the second round either.

gonna be fun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Neither Autry or Hunt are playoff caliber starting DTs.  And Lewis isn't even a backup.  Grover is a nice backup/rotational guy, so we need to upgrade 3 DTs before we can be taken seriously.

 

With that many DT needs, and other needs at several positions, including QB, OT, TE, and WR (Campbell and TY (for now) are the only real keepers), not to mention S and probably CB, there is no way that Ballard will not add FAs. 

 

I would expect to see a FA DT.  WR class is so deep, we could get multiple rookies and keep Pascal as a backup.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, DougDew said:

 

I would expect to see a FA DT.  WR class is so deep, we could get multiple rookies and keep Pascal as a backup.


Ballard likes to build through the draft and build the trenches out. I don’t see him bringing in a FA DT. He already did. If it’s a trench player that’s going to be here for awhile, he’ll draft him.

 

Plus if you notice, Ballard hasn’t given out any long term deals to outside FAs. He almost always gives out 2-3 year bridge deals. So I don’t see him signing Shelby Harris, Hargreave, etc...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:


Ballard likes to build through the draft and build the trenches out. I don’t see him bringing in a FA DT. He already did. If it’s a trench player that’s going to be here for awhile, he’ll draft him.

 

Plus if you notice, Ballard hasn’t given out any long term deals to outside FAs. He almost always gives out 2-3 year bridge deals. So I don’t see him signing Shelby Harris, Hargreave, etc...

I'm not going out on a limb to predict what a GM or a player will do, but I see Ballard missing out on DTs last year as a reality that forces his hand a bit.

 

He looks a few years ahead.  The DTs he signed have expiring contracts, as I think Hunt will be cut, so he can't leave the DT present and future need up to the randomness of the draft this year too, IMO.

 

He needs to secure a DT in FA.  Who and for what length of contract I have no way to predict.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:


Ballard likes to build through the draft and build the trenches out. I don’t see him bringing in a FA DT. He already did. If it’s a trench player that’s going to be here for awhile, he’ll draft him.

 

Plus if you notice, Ballard hasn’t given out any long term deals to outside FAs. He almost always gives out 2-3 year bridge deals. So I don’t see him signing Shelby Harris, Hargreave, etc...


I disagree.

 

He’s going to spend and mentioned it with the “lockeroom can handle a big name” comments.

 

I think Ballard will do everything possible to get the Colts in the playoffs in 2020. 
 

The last thing he wants is the Colts missing the playoffs 3 out 4 years of his tenure. Especially with all the draft capital he’s had. 
 

His margin for error is getting shorter. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:


Ballard likes to build through the draft and build the trenches out. I don’t see him bringing in a FA DT. He already did. If it’s a trench player that’s going to be here for awhile, he’ll draft him.

 

Plus if you notice, Ballard hasn’t given out any long term deals to outside FAs. He almost always gives out 2-3 year bridge deals. So I don’t see him signing Shelby Harris, Hargreave, etc...

No long term deals until "maybe" this year.  We will find out. I think he really regrets letting Woods go.  His loss was apparent.  A lot of good DL will be available this year.  Not just older guys.  So I can see where this year he might make the exception and try to get that impact player for the DL in FA.  He said the team is ready for a big name FA or two?  This could be the year he goes out and gets his own "Booger". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IF the Colts front office REALLY believes Love is a generational player, then by all means move up or do whatever you have to do to acquire the guy.  Give up the entire draft for him if you think you have to.  I don't agree with it but it's not my decision to make.  I'll go along, root for him all I can, and hope like hell I'm wrong. 

 

BUT.........you had better be right.  That is a move that will end your employment with said team if it doesn't work out.  It's a move the Chicago Bears are now regretting and I saw less red flags with Trubisky than I do now with Love.  I see his potential.  I see his arm talent.  But there are questions, and to do a thing like give up draft stock to acquire him is risky.  Now if this was an Andrew Luck type of guy, I could see it.  But this isn't what we're talking about here.

 

I think this is all a moot point anyway because I think Ballard is one of the smartest guys in the room.  I'll be down with it no matter what happens.  Personally, I'm hoping there is a run on QB's before pick 13.  Many very good players at other positions will be available to help this squad.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 FWIW Brady and Edelman are in the Carrier Dome this afternoon watching the Syracuse and North Carolina basketball game.   Just relaxing and having a good time.  Jimmy Fallon is with them too. They are getting more attention from ESPN and the fans than the game.   Sitting behind the Cuse bench.  

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DougDew said:

Neither Autry or Hunt are playoff caliber starting DTs.  And Lewis isn't even a backup.  Grover is a nice backup/rotational guy, so we need to upgrade 3 DTs before we can be taken seriously.

 

With that many DT needs, and other needs at several positions, including QB, OT, TE, and WR (Campbell and TY (for now) are the only real keepers), not to mention S and probably CB, there is no way that Ballard will not add FAs. 

 

I would expect to see a FA DT.  WR class is so deep, we could get multiple rookies and keep Pascal as a backup.

And remember...  Naheim Hines sucks so bad he shouldn’t even be on the roster!   
 

Im just so glad you don’t pay the bills by being a scout!   
 

Have fun this year! 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

 

 

I think this is all a moot point anyway because I think Ballard is one of the smartest guys in the room.  I'll be down with it no matter what happens.  

Yep..... me too

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

And remember...  Naheim Hines sucks so bad he shouldn’t even be on the roster!   
 

Im just so glad you don’t pay the bills by being a scout!   
 

Have fun this year! 

He does suck, as a RB, which is what he's listed at.  Ya gotta be Ballard's dad if you think he's good.

 

But as he should be used, as a short route WR/specialty play guy or PR, he can hang around on the depth chart.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DougDew said:

He does suck, as a RB, which is what he's listed at.  Ya gotta be Ballard's dad if you think he's good.

 

But as he should be used, as a short route WR/specialty play guy or PR, he can hang around on the depth chart.

 

I don’t think Hines is a good running back....  today.

 

But I’ve never thought he sucked.  You have to be Ryan Grigson’s dad to think he sucks.   Hines is young.   He spent  most of his years in college as a receiver.   He’s still learning how to be a RB.   He’ll get better.  And that’s why he’s on the roster. 
 

You have a unique view of talent.  Your view that this is an average to below average roster was stunning to me.  We see most everything as different as can be. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, DougDew said:

He does suck, as a RB, which is what he's listed at.  Ya gotta be Ballard's dad if you think he's good.

 

But as he should be used, as a short route WR/specialty play guy or PR, he can hang around on the depth chart.

 

So...he sucks unless he's used as a short route/specialty play guy...

 

You ever watch a Colts game before?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Many said things like "he's a second or third round talent", and "he's a system guy"...

 

About Mahomes.  Not saying Love is Mahomes, but they said the same exact things about him. If I had a dime for every time they said "system" or "product of air raid", I'd be a gazillionaire. Good thing they ignored most and traded up to 10... 

 

Here's what his NFL.com draft profile said about him, and it was one of the kinder evaluations.

 

Does the bolded above sound familiar at all?

Does Love come with Kelce, Hill and Andy Reid?  Would we b calling Mahommes special if he was drafted by the Browns?  Its all part of the package.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2020 at 1:25 PM, Chloe6124 said:

Why would we do that. There will either be a stud DT, a QB, or a stud WR there. We can’t keep doing this every year and passing on playmakers. Especially when we are picking 13 and someone we want will be there.

I’m with Chloe on this. The Colts truly need some difference makers. They can get 2-3 this year with the depth of the draft and their draft position. Use your ammo now. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Looks like Dallas could lose Amari Cooper. He has a relationship with our new WR coach. They might lose Jones too and he has a relationship with Eberflus. Pick those two guys up and add a guy like Shelby Harris and we are instantly better.  Or a guy like Clowney who is a nice replacement for Sheard.

 

  Zero chance Ballard is shelling out $15mil per year or whatever for Cooper.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

As long as we draft the future to learn from that FA QB. Especially if it’s Rivers.

If they bring in a vet why do they need to draft a QB of the future this yr?    Bring in a vet like Rivers and you have 2-3 yrs to find one 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DougDew said:

He does suck, as a RB, which is what he's listed at.  Ya gotta be Ballard's dad if you think he's good.

 

But as he should be used, as a short route WR/specialty play guy or PR, he can hang around on the depth chart.

 

So one of the more explosive playmakers in the team sucks?   Yea ok.    He was drafted to play exactly the position he plays and do exactly what he does.    And he is very good at it.  He is a threat to score every time he touches the ball.  And defenses have to game plan for that   Just because he is listed as a RB doesn’t mean he has to run between tackles.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don’t think Hines is a good running back....  today.

 

But I’ve never thought he sucked.  You have to be Ryan Grigson’s dad to think he sucks.   Hines is young.   He spent  most of his years in college as a receiver.   He’s still learning how to be a RB.   He’ll get better.  And that’s why he’s on the roster. 
 

You have a unique view of talent.  Your view that this is an average to below average roster was stunning to me.  We see most everything as different as can be. 

 

To say that we have a good roster based upon little to no play from Parris, Funchess, Turay, Lewis, Willis, Geathers and average play from Rock, Tell, Benogu, and all of the WRs and MAC, and JB, and Hines until he replaced Rogers as PR...and bad play from Hunt, Autry..is breathtaking actually.  The only consistently good play we got last year was from the oline, TY, Doyle, Leonard, Houston, and Sheard...two aging vets.  That's about 10 players, and most of that play was only good, not great.  

 

You're forecasting a good roster based upon projecting how the young players will develop, and I wouldn't disagree with that.   But that's maybe next year or the year after that.  And if Ballard can hit on picks 13, 34, and 44 like he did in 2018, then it could be a good roster as early as next season.

 

As it stands now, with the exception of interior OL, and WILL, there isn't a single position that couldn't be upgraded by selecting a proper BPA at 13 and 34.   That says a lot.  

 

As far as Hines, and Ebron even, I think they are two receivers who occupy space on the depth charts of other positions.  Hines emerged as the #1 PR and is now able to do something else other than the few plays he is limited to in the offense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Superfly said:


I disagree.

 

He’s going to spend and mentioned it with the “lockeroom can handle a big name” comments.

 

I think Ballard will do everything possible to get the Colts in the playoffs in 2020. 
 

The last thing he wants is the Colts missing the playoffs 3 out 4 years of his tenure. Especially with all the draft capital he’s had. 
 

His margin for error is getting shorter. 

 

 

What if Ballard meant "Big Name" literally. Something tells me Ogunbowale is coming to Indy!! Or maybe Amukamara!! I just hope it's not Bridgewater :groan:. Either way there is 3 players all with "Big Names"... :thinking: :rock:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Does Love come with Kelce, Hill and Andy Reid?  Would we b calling Mahommes special if he was drafted by the Browns?  Its all part of the package.

 

Peyton came with Marvin, Edge, and Tony Dungy, 4 HOF guys right there, not to mention HOF GM Bill Polian. How many did he win with them in their first 3 years together, SBs, I meant? Forget SBs, how many years did he get Home Field Advantage throughout the playoffs in his first 3 years as a starter with Dungy (which was Peyton's Years 4, 5 and 6 in the league in 2001, 2002 and 2003), which Mahomes has done in both of his years in his first 2 years as a starter (I gave you 3 years to include the year Mahomes sat)? I can play that game too.

 

Let us not diminish someone's ability purely because of the supporting cast. Every elite QB needs 2 good play makers on offense (Brady had Edelman and Gronk and could only do so much without both) and a very good/elite coach, in a very good organization, that is what the Chiefs have too.  Ryan Tannehill was a bum in Miami, now he is a very good QB in the Titans system with Henry and Brown as his play makers. Good coaching, good supporting cast, good line play, good GM, yes all of those matter for winning. 

 

Enough of shallow arguments based on bias.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WifiGuy said:

If they bring in a vet why do they need to draft a QB of the future this yr?    Bring in a vet like Rivers and you have 2-3 yrs to find one 

Rivers does nothing to advance the future. He even said he might only play one more year. What if he signs and he sucks and we didn’t draft the future. That wastes another year or two. The only way rivers makes sense is to also draft a QB to be ready in 2021.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Does Love come with Kelce, Hill and Andy Reid?  Would we b calling Mahommes special if he was drafted by the Browns?  Its all part of the package.

Both our TEs had better separation than Kelce. Ebron had more TDs the year before. Both Doyle and Ebron did great with Luck. Doyle was even a PBer in 2017 with JB. 

 

Not saying JD and EE are better than Kelce, just saying they both stunk with JB, and were good with a decent QB. So I'd think Love would be fine with either. We don't know how PC will do, but we shouldn't rule him out. 

 

But regardless, our "package" was good in 2018, stunk in 2019, and would likely look a lot better in 2020 with an upgrade at QB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...