Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Free Agency Rumor Mill

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, stitches said:

I've been wondering where to post rumors about the Colts or other teams/FAs that don't deserve their own thread so... decided we can have a general thread to put those rumors in. So here we go... this coming just today:

This does make sense to me because I can see him making it to FA and not getting tagged unlike Harris and some of the other DL.

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

This does make sense to me because I can see him making it to FA and not getting tagged unlike Harris and some of the other DL.

I just read he's said he would like to return ot Seattle but is also open to new opportunities. 

4 minutes ago, CantBeStopped said:

KC going to run out of money after they sign mahomes to that 10 yr 400 mil contract

Well, they won Reid his SB, goal accomplished. 

Maybe they will take the long term route and sign more of a game manager to less of a one-pony-team contract.

30 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Well, they won Reid his SB, goal accomplished. 

Maybe they will take the long term route and sign more of a game manager to less of a one-pony-team contract.

That's not gonna happen.  If Mahomes stays healthy,  he will be with the chiefs a very long time

8 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Pending how far he falls I would trade up to get Love.

As you can tell from who I selected in our mock draft together, I am totally against trading up for a QB that has question marks. If he's there at 34 then great get him! Or I'd be fine with even slightly trading up into the 20s from 34 to get him.

Just now, BProland85 said:

As you can tell from who I selected in our mock draft together, I am totally against trading up for a QB that has question marks. If he's there at 34 then great get him! Or I'd be fine with even slightly trading up into the 20s from 34 to get him.

They all have question marks. Even Burrow.

9 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

The risk is sometimes worth the reward 

13 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

He's not going to be there at 34. I wish y'all would stop tooting that horn

24 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

EVERY SINGLE PLAYER EVER DRAFTED HAS HAD SOME QUESTION MARKS. Kinlaw himself has big question marks and that's being that we are seeing some health issues come about as well as him being a liability in the run game and far from a finished project

16 minutes ago, twfish said:

EVERY SINGLE PLAYER EVER DRAFTED HAS HAD SOME QUESTION MARKS. Kinlaw himself has big question marks and that's being that we are seeing some health issues come about as well as him being a liability in the run game and far from a finished project

Obviously every player has question marks. I'm referencing the totality of question marks. For example, Jordan Love as a QB has way more question marks than say Jerry Jeudy at WR. In other words, the majority of NFL analysts agree that Jeudy is much more of a sure thing to be a star in the NFL rather than Love. There is MUCH more risk with Love than there is with someone like Jerry Jeudy, CeeDee Lamb, Derrick Brown, and Javon Kinlaw. 

Thats why when you look at top 50 overall prospect ratings done by professional analysts, all of them have those 4 prospects higher than Jordan Love. Because they present much more chance to hit rather than miss. 

14 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I'd say move up to pick No.8 and get the guy you want, will probably cost pick No.44, so be it.

My Math:

Near locks time be gone by #13: (7) Burrow, Young, Tua, Herbert, Brown, Simmons, Okudah.

That leaves five more players gone before we draft from the following:

DT) Kinlaw

OT) Wills, Thomas, Becton, Wirfs

WR) Jeudy, Ruggs, Lamb

With at least three of those guys available to us, I see no need to trade up to get a premium player at a position of need (unless you think Ballard’s going to reach for a 2nd/3rd Round QB at #13)...

Something to keep in mind. Say ballard has Love, Eason, Gordon all graded really close. He knows he could get Gordon in the second round. In this case he probably wouldn’t take Love. He would take a DT or WR at 13. But say Love is way higher then Gordon or Eason then he probably takes Love at 13 or moves up. 

I am going to bet the chargers might take Love if we don’t move up. I hope Herbert does well in workouts and interviews to stay ahead of Love.

35 minutes ago, twfish said:

Just like Turay. 

1 hour ago, Archer said:

My Math:

Near locks time be gone by #13: (7) Burrow, Young, Tua, Herbert, Brown, Simmons, Okudah.

That leaves five more players gone before we draft from the following:

DT) Kinlaw

OT) Wills, Thomas, Becton, Wirfs

WR) Jeudy, Ruggs, Lamb

With at least three of those guys available to us, I see no need to trade up to get a premium player at a position of need (unless you think Ballard’s going to reach for a 2nd/3rd Round QB at #13)...

If Herbert is there at No.7 after the Chargers pick, I can see the Raiders or some other team moving up. So, it always depends upon the right guy that is available. No one thought Malik Hooker would be available at No.15 in 2017 (he was rated Top 10 if I remember right). No one thought Castanzo would be available at No.22 in 2011 (he was rated a Top 15 player). Things happen in the draft you don't anticipate. That is why one could see 32 GMs have possibly 20 different boards for the Top 15 players.

Unless you think I am a pom-pom shaker for Jordan Love, which I am not (I get it, it can be nauseating, the love for Jordan Love). I personally do not think he is worthy of #13 but if Ballard thinks so, I will shut up and accept the verdict. :)  I still think, any QB we choose (Eason or Love) after the first 3 (Burrow, Tua, Herbert) are the kind of guys you go after later in Round 1 to get that 5th year option since we know they are at least a year away from being ready for the next level. 

47 minutes ago, chad72 said:

If Herbert is there at No.7 after the Chargers pick, I can see the Raiders or some other team moving up. So, it always depends upon the right guy that is available. No one thought Malik Hooker would be available at No.15 in 2017 (he was rated Top 10 if I remember right). No one thought Castanzo would be available at No.22 in 2011 (he was rated a Top 15 player). Things happen in the draft you don't anticipate. That is why one could see 32 GMs have possibly 20 different boards for the Top 15 players.

Unless you think I am a pom-pom shaker for Jordan Love, which I am not (I get it, it can be nauseating, the love for Jordan Love). I personally do not think he is worthy of #13 but if Ballard thinks so, I will shut up and accept the verdict. :)  I still think, any QB we choose (Eason or Love) after the first 3 (Burrow, Tua, Herbert) are the kind of guys you go after later in Round 1 to get that 5th year option since we know they are at least a year away from being ready for the next level. 

I think he will be gone before  we pick and depending on  which  team he goes to he will win rookie of year

Archived