Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Combine Testing and On-Field Drills Thread - Day 1 - WR/TE/QB


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You’re being too picky at that point. I can not stress enough that this is a new era for the Colts. Daniel Jeremiah mentioned this on his podcast but this is the first time in 20+ years we don’t have

I want the QB. A few reasons why.   1) Yes, the QB could bust. So could any other player at any other position. No one is bust proof. And eventually you have to draft a guy that you can buil

Posted Images

QB group 1 impressions:

Justin Herbert looked every bit of introverted as advertised.  Seemed like he was in a personal duel with Failure the entire time.  He didn't seem to be loose.  Rather, trying to keep bad things from happening.

Jake Fromm looked the most loose, the most relaxed.  Just did the stuff, and looked in command.

Jacob Eason surprised me.  He looked like the guy most in command.  He has serious tools to work with, and he knows it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

W

He had one nice toss during the WR drills, but yes, he's struggled consistently, and I'm not surprised. Like I've said before, limited, and best in a very closed/structured environment. 

Someone will get a great backup in the mid rounds IMO, but he'd have to go to the perfect situation/team to be a decent starter. IMO, draft him as a back up, give him time to get comfortable and learn the system, and he'll be a good and reliable back up for many years. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

He had one nice toss during the WR drills, but yes, he's struggled consistently, and I'm not surprised. Like I've said before, limited, and best in a very closed/structured environment. 

Someone will get a great backup in the mid rounds IMO, but he'd have to go to the perfect situation/team to be a decent starter. IMO, draft him as a back up, give him time to get comfortable and learn the system, and he'll be a good and reliable back up for many years. 

But mind you, everyone is saying to just wait till pick 34 and draft Fromm. He is who we thought he is.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Well. After seeing his presser this does not surprise me.

 

 

 

"Too comfortable" and "thinks he owns the room"....

If he does well on the learn/recall/execute aspects of his interview, that's all I would really care about. I don't want Eason, but just seems like he's trying to act confident and has overdone it. If he's listing/learning, and does well in the drills, he'll be fine so long as he simply not being a total *. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Oh boy...

That story is the exact same vibe I got from his presser. He acted like he was to good to be there and couldn’t say what he needed to work on.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Defjamz26 said:

But mind you, everyone is saying to just wait till pick 34 and draft Fromm. He is who we thought he is.

I think very few are saying that lol. Sure there's a few founding members of the Fromm fan club on here, but the polls have been pretty clear. 

 

But yes, he's exactly who I thought he was. I'd bet I've watched more UGA games than just about anyone here (unless they also live in the South and are UGA fans). There's a large portion of UGA fans that wished they'd stayed with either Eason or Fields. The coaches loved him, but the fans not so much. Probably cost them a shot at a natty. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

That story is the exact same vibe I got from his presser. He acted like he was to good to be there and couldn’t say what he needed to work on.

Yeah, I remember I used to act like that in school and college 10-15 years ago. Was very arrogant and never asked for help on anything. Actually got some poor grades because I tried to appear smarter than I was to people who didn't care anyway.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

"We gotta play them one game at a time."
"I'm just glad to be here; hope I can help the ball club."
Great advice from Crash Davis.

Shake N Bake from Talladega Nights is what I’m reminded of :) 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

According to tweets Anthony Gordon is looking pretty good. Someone who’s watching can verify that.


This guy has the highest upside amongst Round 3 or later QBs, IMO.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Lots of Twitter bots out to validate their opinions.

Meh, nothing wrong with predicting/evaluating something, then being validated by empirical data/results, or seeing the evaluators echo the same sentiment. 

 

Perhaps results not going the way you thought?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, chad72 said:


This guy has the highest upside amongst Round 3 or later QBs, IMO.

I think he might improve his stock. Not saying he'll jump a bunch, but I can see him jump a few guys projected ahead of him lately. Keep in mind he actually did better than Mahomes in the same system. Not saying he's better than Mahomes at all, but he has great tools.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Meh, nothing wrong with predicting/evaluating something, then being validated by empirical data/results, or seeing the evaluators echo the same sentiment. 

 

Perhaps results not going the way you thought?

Get over yourself.  Despite what you think about it, your brain is not very impressive.

 

Despite trying to impress the forum with loosely throwing stats around and lingo like "empirical data" you don't have a clue what it is or how to use it.

 

Opinions about comfort, arm, and interviews are not empirical data. 

 

40 yard dash times, vertical leap, is. 

 

Try to distinguish the two before you discard the possibility that the twitter bots are just laying down the propaganda.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Get over yourself.  Despite what you think about it, your brain is not very impressive.

 

Despite trying to impress the forum with loosely throwing stats around lingo like "emperical data" you don't have a clue what it is or how to use it.

 

Opinions about comfort, arm, and interviews are not emperical data. 

 

40 yard dash times, vertical leap, is. 

 

Try to distinguish the two before you discard the possibility that the twitter bots are just laying down the propaganda.

LOL, empirical data (measurable) is what I'm talking about. 40, vert, size, etc..

Arm can be graded, and is. More variables, but still gradable. 

 

Opinions about comfort, are just opinions, and I specifically diminished those opinions as factors (on Eason) in a post above if you care to look. 

 

Sour grapes? Your boys not doing well? Russian bots stealing your election lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Don't think  so


Reich is probably wondering if he can hitch his coaching wagon to a “potential” sandlot that may boom or bust, Jordan Love that is. 
 

:) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

LOL, empirical data (measurable) is what I'm talking about. 40, vert, size, etc..

Arm can be graded, and is. More variables, but still gradable. 

 

Opinions about comfort, are just opinions, and I specifically diminished those opinions as factors (on Eason) in a post above if you care to look. 

 

Sour grapes? Your boys not doing well? Russian bots stealing your election lol.

Nice backpedal try.  Its not working. 

 

If you're talking about QBs at a combine, empirical data would be height, weight, hand size....and the actual throwing data would be velocity and rotation.  

 

The other stuff is just garbage the opinionated types have already seen on tape.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

Burrow will go to Bengals 

Tua will go to Dolphins

Herbert will go to Chargers 

Love will go to Colts 

Eason or Fromm will go to Saints


I’d be shocked if Eason or Fromm get drafted in Round 1. 
 

I’m leaning towards Burrow and Tua, and the rest for this QB class based on the eyes of the beholder. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...